Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ProBowl year for SS John Cyprien

Quote:and MJD who got jipped of rookie of the year.

I don't think being in Jacksonville was the reason MoJo was jipped of that. The NFL was simply trying to manufacture a star with Young. QB will trump RB all the time. MoJo had a nice year, but was still splitting time and wasn't even the starter that year. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think being in Jacksonville was the reason MoJo was jipped of that. The NFL was simply trying to manufacture a star with Young. QB will trump RB all the time. MoJo had a nice year, but was still splitting time and wasn't even the starter that year. 
True

Quote:I don't think being in Jacksonville was the reason MoJo was jipped of that. The NFL was simply trying to manufacture a star with Young. QB will trump RB all the time. MoJo had a nice year, but was still splitting time and wasn't even the starter that year. 

The NFL certainly went the extra mile with manufacturing Vince Young as a star.   As a rookie,  Young threw more Interceptions than TD's and he wasn't much over 50 % Completion %,

The improvements in the pass rush will greatly benefit the SS position. I expect Cyprien to have a good year, I'm just not sure if he'll get the recognition that he deserves by the voting heads.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:In my humble opinion, all of the strong safeties in the AFC really suck, so Cyphrien in the Pro Bowl isn't a stretch at all.  Polamalu, who is about half the player he was a few years ago, is going to win the popularity contest, however.

As for the best SS, he plays in Seattle.  Kam Chancellor is a bad, bad man.  You don't want to take a ride on the Kamtrack.
Kam didnt start his 2010 rookie year but after starting in 2011 under DC Gus Bradley he had a 2012 probowl appearance the same could happen with Jonathan.

Quote:I think he could be a top 3 SS in the AFC behind Berry and Polamalu this year if he stays in the film room
Polamalu's just not all that any more. It's mostly just reputation now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Cyprien has a better chance of being a Pro Bowler than a Pro Bowler B)

[Image: 36G14Bk.gif]

people outside of Jax are starting to take notice of Cyp too so it's just not hometown bias. Kids got a ton of potential and man can he hit.

Quote:people outside of Jax are starting to take notice of Cyp too so it's just not hometown bias. Kids got a ton of potential and man can he hit.

So could Darius.....and both were/ are liabilities in coverage. 

Quote:So could Darius.....and both were/ are liabilities in coverage. 
 most rookies are.. he appears to be improving and we will see how much this year.

Quote:Polamalu's just not all that any more. It's mostly just reputation now.
He got interception off of Big Ben last night..

Quote:So could Darius.....and both were/ are liabilities in coverage. 

Darius has nothing to do with Cyprien but you keep bringing him up. Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

Quote:people outside of Jax are starting to take notice of Cyp too so it's just not hometown bias. Kids got a ton of potential and man can he hit.
This 3rd week of preseason should be interesting as I expect that He'll be in almost the entire 1st half among the other starters on Defense.

Quote:Darius has nothing to do with Cyprien but you keep bringing him up. Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

LOL thats like saying Mary Kate has nothing to do with Ashley

Quote:LOL thats like saying Mary Kate has nothing to do with Ashley

That makes no sense.

Quote:That makes no sense.

Actually it makes perfect sense...you are either not smart enough to understand the point, or you are being intentionally ignorant to it. 

Quote:Actually it makes perfect sense...you are either not smart enough to understand the point, or you are being intentionally ignorant to it. 

What's your point? Two completely different players are like the Olsen twins?

Quote:What's your point? Two completely different players are like the Olsen twins?

lol....2 completely different players... Laughing 

This is hilarious to watch. Dude goes all in against Cyprien. And now everybody sees the potential that Cyp brings to the team. He is on lists of breakout players for 2014. He is considered the face of the defense.

This must be absolutely killing you.

You're allowed to just say "my bad guys. I was wrong on Cyprien"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  

Quote:lol....2 completely different players... Laughing 

Like I said, whatever makes you feel better.