Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert "Very Impressive"

Harbaugh is finding out how awesome Gabbert is at practice.  To bad once he gets into a real game it goes down hill from there. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ne-gabbert

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

San Fran is a Superbowl caliber team. He'll do fine.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2014, 09:00 PM by shangster.)

And San Fran is a non-Super Bowl caliber team if he starts for them.  He'll do fine as long as he doesn't get on the field.

from what it sounds like he might get the majority of pre season reps. It would make sense because I'm sure all SF wants is some desperate GM to think he's fix and throw a draft pick at him higher than a sixth 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

He's impressed every single coach he has ever played for in the NFL right up until the regular season.

Not out of the norm. Gabbert always does well in practice, that was never his problem.

He will do fine.  Won't WIN  a superbowl.  But he's no longer on a "rebuilding" team with a gutted roster for the first time.  Huge difference.  Henne would do fine on that team.  Mickey Mouse would do fine on that team (the actual cartoon not even the guy in the costume).  But Harbaugh has that coach's arrogance that he can be the guy that makes Gabbert click.  

I was extremely down on Gabbert last season, thought he was just clumsy and awkward.  But he was good in practice against what?  Against who?   San Francisco is a different monster.  They are supposed to be good on both sides of the ball.  He's playing with the best, and against the best right now.  Not the polar opposite like before.  This is different.   

It's no different. He always looked good in practice. He goes untouched. Gabbert is afraid of contact. Plain and simple.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:It's no different. He always looked good in practice. He goes untouched. Gabbert is afraid of contact. Plain and simple.

Your really think San Francisco 2013/2014 is no different from Jaguars 2011/2012/2013?  He may be afraid of contact, or maybe he's just awkward.  But either way, it's not the same monster.  Not even close.  He's not a fit for the 2014 Jaguars, but he is a fit for a backup role on a Superbowl bound team like SF with Harbaugh as the coach.  "Affraid of contact" to me is an over-complication of things.  Either he play's good or doesn't.  On a better team, he will play better (and maybe even stays healthy for once ).  But still doesn't have more worth than a 6th round draft pick here in the jungle.       

The 49ers got him with only one year left on his contract but fairly cheap as a decent backup for this season, and the ability to kick the tires before other teams would have a chance at him.  The problem is every year Blaine Gabbert had an injury, and thus is injury prone.  A few people could state that on a team with a much better offense and offensive line he would have a chance to show his talents, but I feel the pressure is solely on Blaine to prove himself worthy of being a starter in the NFL.  This preseason may be his only chance, otherwise he'll most likely be a backup for a year or two before leaving the league.

He won't play better. The end.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:The 49ers got him with only one year left on his contract but fairly cheap as a decent backup for this season, and the ability to kick the tires before other teams would have a chance at him.  The problem is every year Blaine Gabbert had an injury, and thus is injury prone.  A few people could state that on a team with a much better offense and offensive line he would have a chance to show his talents, but I feel the pressure is solely on Blaine to prove himself worthy of being a starter in the NFL.  This preseason may be his only chance, otherwise he'll most likely be a backup for a year or two before leaving the league.

Gabbert may have had his fair share of injuries, but it wasn't his health that impacted his ability to be an effective starting QB in the NFL.  That just presented the team with opportunities to sit him down. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

It wasn't his health that Henne finished the season; it's his inability to be an effective NFL QB. He CANNOT play at the NFL level. I've seen some equally bad QB performances, but he takes the cake when it comes to being afraid of contact.

Quote:It wasn't his health that Henne finished the season; it's his inability to be an effective NFL QB. He CANNOT play at the NFL level. I've seen some equally bad QB performances, but he takes the cake when it comes to being afraid of contact.

Henne isn't a very good QB, but now he's afraid of contact? Have I missed something because I never got that impression.

Quote:Henne isn't a very good QB, but now he's afraid of contact? Have I missed something because I never got that impression.
They're talking about Gabbert, not Henne.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

A lot of the built in excuses are no longer an issue. He has a top O-line, good receivers and a good defense to give him more shots at scoring. He has a clean slate mentally and doesn't need to feel like a media target. Once they put on pads we will see if he can take his game up a level or if he buckles under pressure and continues to have the issues that plagued him here.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2014, 02:34 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:A lot of the built in excuses are no longer an issue. He has a top O-line, good receivers and a good defense to give him more shots at scoring. He has a clean slate mentally and doesn't need to feel like a media target. Once they put on pads we will see if he can take his game up a level or if he buckles under pressure and continues to have the issues that plagued him here.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Top O-Line?

Good receivers?

Good defense?

The potential is there but I wouldn't go that far. They are an unproven group at the moment.
He's talking about the 49'ers, not Jacksonville.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Until he can show any accuracy under pressure nobody is going to buy into any Gabbert hype

Quote:They're talking about Gabbert, not Henne.

That's what I figured, but his first sentence was a bit confusing.