Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert "Very Impressive"

It's amazing how far one can make it in sports when you have the size and athletic measurables.  Gabbert has never really excelled at any level.  But he has always had the potential tag due to his size, arm, coupled with the fact that he seems to be a smart and articulate person.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This might be his last shot.

Tebow had a last shot in New England, and played poorly - and he hasn't been called since.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:It's amazing how far one can make it in sports when you have the size and athletic measurables.  Gabbert has never really excelled at any level.  But he has always had the potential tag due to his size, arm, coupled with the fact that he seems to be a smart and articulate person.  
The Jax Sharks are looking for a QB. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I loved the comment Tim Ryan said in the first half on how impressed he was with the new scoreboards. Then he added I just wish Gabbert was at least 10% as impressive. Ouch.

Quote:It was a Gabbert rip fest from time to time yesterday. Right before half was over and the studio guys sent it back to the game they said the only happy fans in that first half were Jags fans.

Yeah they ripped Gabbert to shreds especially on the throw to Thomas that was too high and was almost intercepted.

I can tell Harbaugh has already mailed it in he wants out of San Fran bad it showed with the Browns during the offseason.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The Jax Sharks are looking for a QB. 

They should probably look elsewhere then.  I think Gabbert would fail even in the arena league at this point.  Maybe if there were a league where QB's couldn't get touched.  So I'd say... maybe try the NFL again in 5-6 years.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:It was a Gabbert rip fest from time to time yesterday. Right before half was over and the studio guys sent it back to the game they said the only happy fans in that first half were Jags fans.

OUCH!!!!!!

So in a game between San Fran and Denver, 2 NFL powerhouses (albeit preseason), there was a Jags fan mention AND it was a positive mention.  NICE.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:They should probably look elsewhere then.  I think Gabbert would fail even in the arena league at this point.  Maybe if there were a league where QB's couldn't get touched.  So I'd say... maybe try the NFL again in 5-6 years.

Are there any professional Flag football teams out there?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Gabbert is impressively horrible.

Quote:It's amazing how far one can make it in sports when you have the size and athletic measurables. Gabbert has never really excelled at any level. But he has always had the potential tag due to his size, arm, coupled with the fact that he seems to be a smart and articulate person.
The NFL is a completely different monster. Playing QB is 65% mental and 35% physical. Gabbert is the classic case of the "teaser" prospect.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-backup-qb

The Jags really win this if Kaep gets hurt and Gabbert has to start. There's another conditional pick involved.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381876/article/jim-harbaugh-blaine-gabbert-is-49ers-backup-qb'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381876/article/jim-harbaugh-blaine-gabbert-is-49ers-backup-qb</a>

The Jags really win this if Kaep gets hurt and Gabbert has to start. There's another conditional pick involved.

We should make a deal for Boone then.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato