Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert "Very Impressive"

In the 3 years he's played, he has literally been in the discussion for worst QB of all time.

He is in the Russell, Akili Smith, Leaf category.

I hope he improves enough to stay a backup for a long time in the NFL, because I see him as a nice guy probably.... But in no way/shape/or form do I think he will instantly "get it" and become a franchise QB.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But in no way/shape/or form do I think he will instantly "get it" and become a franchise QB.

I doubt anyone here thinks that.

Quote:In the 3 years he's played, he has literally been in the discussion for worst QB of all time.

I hope he improves enough to stay a backup for a long time in the NFL, because I see him as a nice guy probably.... But in no way/shape/or form do I think he will instantly "get it" and become a franchise QB.

Well, there were guys drafted ahead of him that did just as poorly.  Horrible draft class.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Tell me, who were the guys drafted ahead of him in the 2011 draft class that did "just as bad" as Gabbert was?  The 2011 class, especially the first two rounds, was excellent.  Only 10 players in the first round whose 5th year option weren't picked.  Newton, Miller, Green, Peterson, Jones, Smith (Aldon), and Smith (Tyron) are all franchise caliber players.  Outside of the top 10 picks, you have Watt and Quinn, both are considered two of the best pass rushers in the game, and among other impressive players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...on-tracker

Personally I would like to see Gabbert enjoy a modicum of success in SF.  He was thrown into such a thoroughly crappy situation here.  I won't say he deserves it, but it sure would be a nice turn for the guy. 

People forget that Gabbert looked very impressive with the Jags too.  That was until he was able to get hit and then the fetal position was his specialty

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I want to see how he does when he has receivers that can actually catch a hard pass. Here he would have a capable receiver or two, occasionally, but for the most part our receiving corps was pretty bad. Hard to stay upright when it's constantly 3rd and long.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Tell me, who were the guys drafted ahead of him in the 2011 draft class that did "just as bad" as Gabbert was?  The 2011 class, especially the first two rounds, was excellent.  Only 10 players in the first round whose 5th year option weren't picked.  Newton, Miller, Green, Peterson, Jones, Smith (Aldon), and Smith (Tyron) are all franchise caliber players.  Outside of the top 10 picks, you have Watt and Quinn, both are considered two of the best pass rushers in the game, and among other impressive players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...on-tracker

I think pirk was referring to the QB class, not the overall class. Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder made a trifecta of disappointment. 

Quote:I think pirk was referring to the QB class, not the overall class. Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder made a trifecta of disappointment.

Yeah, that grouping has been pretty bad.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:In the 3 years he's played, he has literally been in the discussion for worst QB of all time.

at least russel showed promise, he just was a massive tool that cared about everything except football. Gabbert is just downright bad. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I don't recall Jamarcus Russel showing any promise.

He promised to endorse a large buffet chain, but he got booted out of the league before the deal could be sealed. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:He promised to endorse a large buffet chain, but he got booted out of the league before the deal could be sealed. 

He also endorsed Purple Drank to the Mobile County Sheriff's Office.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

WOW though at this article and the comments.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...francisco/

last line:

Quote:And if, say, Kaepernick gets injured and Gabbert comes in and plays extremely well and Harbaugh decides to stick with the guy with the hot hand and Gabbert takes the team deep into January, maybe Kaepernick will get the Alex Smith treatment.

:blink:

Quote:WOW though at this article and the comments.

last line:

They're really getting deep into the hypothetical there. Confusedweat:

Quote:WOW though at this article and the comments.

last line:

They're in for a real dose of reality when the hitting starts.

Hell, I'd like to see him do well.

Will he?

Probably not.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:He's talking about the 49'ers, not Jacksonville.

Oops. Carry on.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Hell, I'd like to see him do well.

Will he?

Probably not.

As would most, but like you, they recognize the odds of that happening are pretty small. 

Quote:Hell, I'd like to see him do well.

Will he?

Probably not.

I'd like to see him to do well, and think he will (as a backup).  He won't be asked to take a team on his shoulders.  He can win doing the bare minimum.