Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gabbert "Very Impressive"

Quote:Does anyone have any video of Blaine throwing in SanFran?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-...ikes-early

I am curious if he'll ever be an NFL starting QB, but I assume he's done and will only be a backup for now on if anything.

Just wait for the preseason. NFL network will air all the games and I'm sure Gabbert will get plenty of time on the field as the backup.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:IMO, what makes it hurt more in some folks minds is that he was our bust.  Plus, one that couldn't have come at a worse time.  Not only are we a work in progress at QB, you could say that about just about every position on the field.  Double whammy... as our rookie QB struck out, the entire team was bottoming out as well.

Well put. 

This team was in the toilet regardless, but Gabbert was the QB du jour.

He's always been an impressive practice player. It's the live play that's been his undoing. Even though he didn't pan out here, I believe he's a good guy and I'd like to see him carve out a career for himself.

Gabbert was a flawed player here. Hopefully he can find a way to turn things around. He wasn't a bad guy. Just a lousy fit.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Gabbert was a flawed player here. Hopefully he can find a way to turn things around. He wasn't a bad guy. Just a lousy fit.
Where will a QB with absolutely zero pocket presence and no football instincts not be a lousy fit?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Sure, it's "very impressive" that he somehow managed to get drafted in the 1st round and still has a career

Gabbert can't really be as awful as he looked while he was a Jag for his whole career, can he??

I realize he probably ended up starting way too soon, but how can a QB fool so many people who's job it is scout players.

There had to be some red flags some where as far as Gabbert was concerned. Were they just ignored because he had the size and arm strength that coaches and GM's want in an NFL QB?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Where will a QB with absolutely zero pocket presence and no football instincts not be a lousy fit?

I think a case could certainly be made that he never had any sort of an opportunity to develop much of a pocket presence here due to the fact that we had an awful line playing in front of him.  When the pass rush is on top of you before you can get to your drop, it's tough to look like an icy veteran who isn't rattled.  Some of the greatest QBs in the game get rattled when they don't have a pocket.  Look at the guy in Denver. 

I'm not comparing Gabbert to Manning, but the fact that Gabbert was one of the youngest players in the league when he assumed the starting role, and lacked the real experience even as a starter in college to be prepared for what he had to deal with in the NFL, he was set up to fail when Del Rio forced him into the starting role before he was ready.  He never recovered.  Maybe with this opportunity, he'll develop. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Gabbert can't really be as awful as he looked while he was a Jag for his whole career, can he??

I realize he probably ended up starting way too soon, but how can a QB fool so many people who's job it is scout players.

There had to be some red flags some where as far as Gabbert was concerned. Were they just ignored because he had the size and arm strength that coaches and GM's want in an NFL QB?

Ever see his play in college?....

IMO, his play in college extrapolated to the NFL = career backup. 

Quote:Ever see his play in college?....

QBs aren't drafted for their college play.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Ever see his play in college?....

I remember right after we drafted him that a Missouri fan joined the board.  He said he hoped Blaine would do well for us, but that Gabbert always felt phantom pressure.  It was the first time I heard that, seeing as though I didn't pay much attention to him since I never figured we would be in a position to draft him.  

I wish him well, but he is a backup.  Not a bad one to have though.  He has starting experience, is a student of the game and strong.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Wait until he starts throwing worm balls.....

Nothing to see here...move along.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

NFL network will be showing the 49ers preseason game tonight for those that want to see How Gabbert plays.

Glad Harbaugh enjoys Giblets on the practice field. Keep him.... Love him.... let him ruin your team now.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

In 20 minutes the Gabbert patch kids can watch gabby.

I kinda want him to play well for himself. But, I kinda want him to suck because I don't like Jim harbaugh.

He's playing right now

Saw one of his throws before NFLN blacked out on my TV.

He has looked absolutely horrible.

Gabbert is looking like Gabbert lol.

Two overthrows for Gabbert on out routes stall his second drive, 2-7 and 13 yards so far.