Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Players that are on a prove it or lose it bubble?

What players do you see as this being their last year to prove their value or hit the road.  Some of these players may not even make the opening day roster

M. Lewis- Good blocking tight end that is paid way too much.  He has not been a solid or consistent target in the passing game

T. Alualu- This guy is like the invisible man when it's game day. He is little more than a body that "can hold the point of attack" Way overdrafted

J. Evans- Yes he is young but has looked flat out awful at times. I believe he is on the bubble

C. Prosinski- I have no idea how he has remained on the team. The guy can't cover or tackle

D. Robinson- This is going to be his prove it year. He has to learn to hang on to the football and be productive

C. Henne- He had had both great and horrible games. Overall pretty average. Safe for this year but who knows next

Roy Miller- Yes he was hurt last year but he needs to be productive to remain on this team

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 03:11 PM by anon79565.)

I'd say

Prosinski

Alualu

Miller

Geno Hayes

Henne

Mike Harris maybe

If the reports about Robinson's ball security being much better coming out of OTAs are true then that's huge for us. A viable RB committee of Gerhart, Storm, and Robinson would be awesome.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 03:48 PM by NH3.)

Hayes and Prosinsky are the only two that immediately comes to mind. Hayes because ther will an better player than he to which he maybe retained for depth. Prosinski will simply be flat out beaten for an roster spot. ST will not save him this year...

All other bubble player were not consistentt contributors.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I wish people would realize that unless a player's salary is crippling the team a good football coach doesn't care how much someone makes.

Henne has a two year deal if I'm not mistaken. If he performs at a decent level I'm sure the team will have no problem keeping him on next year to back up Bortles. I bet he plays out his contract here.

Quote:I wish people would realize that unless a player's salary is crippling the team a good football coach doesn't care how much someone makes.

This, and that we've got the cap room.

So, there's zero reason to worry about the guys in their final seasons.  If they want more after this year, they'll go get it somewhere else.  If they aren't wanted, they won't even be offered.

It's a "problem" that's certainly going to take care of itself.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Henne has a two year deal if I'm not mistaken. If he performs at a decent level I'm sure the team will have no problem keeping him on next year to back up Bortles. I bet he plays out his contract here.

I'd like to see Henne be a mentor in 2014 and traded in 2015...

Value...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I think "prove it" is a broad term.. Does prove it me he's cut or just loose his spot on the depth chart? Players like Drob, Evans, Henne, Lewis I highly doubt have any chance of being cut this season.

Quote:I'd like to see Henne be a mentor in 2014 and traded in 2015...

Value...

NH3...

That's best case. But right now his trade value is nil.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 08:54 PM by Tommy.)

Quote:I think "prove it" is a broad term.. Does prove it me he's cut or just loose his spot on the depth chart? Players like Drob, Evans, Henne, Lewis I highly doubt have any chance of being cut this season.
"Prove it", is a broad term. But it means if the player can't play at an adequate level they could be sent packing. Period.

Now, a "Prove it", contract, is a little different. Guys like Marks, Ball, Blackmon, were all brought here on short cheap deals to see if they can make a roster and improve our football team. Marks, "proved it", so he was extended in the offseason. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:What players do you see as this being their last year to prove their value or hit the road.  Some of these players may not even make the opening day roster

M. Lewis- Good blocking tight end that is paid way too much.  He has not been a solid or consistent target in the passing game

T. Alualu- This guy is like the invisible man when it's game day. He is little more than a body that "can hold the point of attack" Way overdrafted

J. Evans- Yes he is young but has looked flat out awful at times. I believe he is on the bubble

C. Prosinski- I have no idea how he has remained on the team. The guy can't cover or tackle

D. Robinson- This is going to be his prove it year. He has to learn to hang on to the football and be productive

C. Henne- He had had both great and horrible games. Overall pretty average. Safe for this year but who knows next

Roy Miller- Yes he was hurt last year but he needs to be productive to remain on this team

I'd add Andre Branch, Ace Sanders, Mike Brown, J. Babin. If any of these players has a bad year, They will not be here in 2015.

i think Bortles, A. Robinson, Lee, Cyprien, and Joeckel are on the bubble

/horrible OP

Quote:I wish people would realize that unless a player's salary is crippling the team a good football coach doesn't care how much someone makes.

Quote:This, and that we've got the cap room.

So, there's zero reason to worry about the guys in their final seasons.  If they want more after this year, they'll go get it somewhere else.  If they aren't wanted, they won't even be offered.

It's a "problem" that's certainly going to take care of itself.
Riddle me this: Why are the ones who are so outspoken about cutting players over salary the same ones that scream the loudest about getting that "top tier guy" in FA?  You know, the ones that you have to overpay for... 

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I'd add Andre Branch, Ace Sanders, Mike Brown, J. Babin. If any of these players has a bad year, They will not be here in 2015.
aCE HAD BETTER NUMBERS THAN  Tavon Austin and many other WR's last year. He's not going anywhere.

Quote:aCE HAD BETTER NUMBERS THAN  Tavon Austin and many other WR's last year. He's not going anywhere.
I see

ace sticking around for awhile because he should only get better with experience. He would be much more dangerous if he was able to catch the ball in stride with his play making ability. Hopefully BB can throw his receivers open as all the great QB's do.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

I think Babin might not be here, but who knows. Still far too early to tell at all IMO.

Prosinski

Alualu

Miller

Evans

Harris

I'd even throw Andre Branch and Geno Hayes on this list they could all lose the competition. Branch finished strong last season we'll have to see if it carries over.

No pain, no gain.

Alualu would definitely be on the bubble, and Jax has the cap room to eat the cap hit but if I recall correctly there's only about 1M in cap savings when you factor in dead money. I don't see Jax picking up another rotational 5-technique guy for that price that would be considered an upgrade from Alualu so he'll probably stay on for another year. If he was a Hugh Douglas type personality - maybe you eat the hit but he doesn't seem to be.

Quote:I'd say

Prosinski

Alualu

Miller

Geno Hayes

Henne

Mike Harris maybe

Yes, the guy who they just gave a 2 year contract to is on the bubble. 

The rest of your list I can pretty much agree with. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]