Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Players that are on a prove it or lose it bubble?

Quote:Henne's not getting cut.

Nobody thought Leftwich was getting cut either.  Nobody saw the Gabbert trade coming.  Nobody saw us taking Bortles.  

I'm not saying Henne will be cut.  I'm saying he should be cut when Bortles starts.  Absolute statements are a funny thing in the NFL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What players do you see as this being their last year to prove their value or hit the road.  Some of these players may not even make the opening day roster

M. Lewis- Good blocking tight end that is paid way too much.  He has not been a solid or consistent target in the passing game

T. Alualu- This guy is like the invisible man when it's game day. He is little more than a body that "can hold the point of attack" Way overdrafted

J. Evans- Yes he is young but has looked flat out awful at times. I believe he is on the bubble

C. Prosinski- I have no idea how he has remained on the team. The guy can't cover or tackle

D. Robinson- This is going to be his prove it year. He has to learn to hang on to the football and be productive

C. Henne- He had had both great and horrible games. Overall pretty average. Safe for this year but who knows next

Roy Miller- Yes he was hurt last year but he needs to be productive to remain on this team
I'm confused about this post... I don't believe most of these guys are bubble guys.

I'll start with the obvious guys... Henne, just signed a contract to be our stop gap QB until Bortles is ready. Henne isn't going anywhere.

DRob, Caldwell's "project pick" with only one season under his belt, this guy will be around for at least one more to see what he has at RB.

Evans, a late round draft pick that has no serious competition around him that would force him out. Still developing, not going anywhere.

Lewis.... Can people please stop talking about this guy's contract. It isn't even an issue. He's a great blocking TE and he has the skill and size we need in the RZ. Has he been a force in the pass game? No he hasn't. Not since Garrard left and he had McCown, Gabbert, and Henne throwing him the rock. Not to mention he was our 6th Oline guy for a couple seasons. Just stop it.

Alualu may be a bubble guy but I think that particular DE spot doesn't have enough depth to cut him.

Miller to me is safe, because of injury last season and depth at the DT position.

Pros.. should be on the bubble and might be gone before preseason finishes.

I think Todman is on the bubble because of Storm and DRob.

I think Mike Brown and Doss are the receivers on the bubble because of the depth at the position.

Mike Harris is a guy that is a long shot to make the team. I think Rashaad Reynolds will end up beating him out.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Yes, right now I'd say Harris and Prosinski are most likely to be cut. I also think Reynolds will make the team as an undrafted free agent. I don't think Todman will get cut until the coaches are sure that Robinson can be an effective running back and hold onto the ball.

Quote:Henne has a two year deal if I'm not mistaken. If he performs at a decent level I'm sure the team will have no problem keeping him on next year to back up Bortles. I bet he plays out his contract here.
Yes I believe he will play out his contract even if he has a terrible year. If he has a outstanding year then it gets interesting.

Quote:Honestly, I think Henne gets cut when Bortles starts simply because there won't be a clamoring by the fans to go back to Henne if Bortles has a bad day.  It'll be an end to the transition period when Henne's not starting and him being cut will mark the start of the Bortles growth period.
  When the GM's personnel decisions are influenced by the clamoring of a few fans, it's time for a new GM.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I'm not saying Henne will be cut.  I'm saying he should be cut when Bortles starts.  Absolute statements are a funny thing in the NFL.
Henne knows his role, and he knows that when Bortles is ready, he'll be sent to the pine. He's a weak starter, but he's one of the better backups in the league imo. There's no reason at all to cut him loose, even after Bortles takes over. Who would you have backing Bortles up--Stanzi? Morris? Todd Bouman?

Quote:Henne knows his role, and he knows that when Bortles is ready, he'll be sent to the pine. He's a weak starter, but he's one of the better backups in the league imo. There's no reason at all to cut him loose, even after Bortles takes over. Who would you have backing Bortles up--Stanzi? Morris? Todd Bouman
?

Always there in a pinch. Like Copenhagen.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Since my original pick has already been cut i will go with Todman now.