Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles leading poll on NFL.com right now

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2014, 11:27 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I don't know if the fans have a lot of respect for Bortles or no respect for Henne.  Right now it's a close battle between bridgewater  with bortles getting over a 3rd of the vote to start the regular season

http://www.nfl.com/

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Even though Bridgewater was projected as the "Pro Ready QB, BB5 will have a more successful career...

NH3...
"AZANE"

The Jags weren't the only ones who think Bortles will be a franchise QB.

Quote:The Jags weren't the only ones who think Bortles will be a franchise QB.

So So True...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:So So True...

NH3...
that said.. I still don't think he'll start week 1.

He was near the top of the Patriots board... good enough for me.

No pain, no gain.

Watched all of his games several times on draft breakdown and I saw a lot of things I like about BB. Mostly his moving up in the pocket and not being afraid to take a hit. After Gabbert those two things were a must have trait in whomever we selected as our franchise QB. I definitely didn't want Manziel and wasn't sold on Teddy. I really thought we would go QB in the second round but was happy as soon as they picked BB because I have faith in Caldwell and Bradley's eye for talent.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:The Jags weren't the only ones who think Bortles will be a franchise QB.
Or most people think so little of our current QB, Henne... I think its more of that...

I think what Caldwell identified in Bortles were the top quality building blocks which project into a top 10 QB, given the right environment. Caldwell has full control of the environment around Bortles, and at this point, the goal is to create the best environment for learning.  The distractions are minimized and the expectations tempered for now.  Bortles can adhere to the core tenet of just working hard and continuing to get better, letting everything else take care of itself.  In the meantime, there's enough happening at the other positions.  We need a better team around Bortles if he's to succeed.  The rebuild of the offense is just starting.  I'd rather see Bortles hit the field with a solid OL in front of him and a reliable receiving corps - right now we have neither, so IMO Bortles is lucky he gets to sit.