Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bleacher Report article on why Gus is the next great NFL coach

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/20947...head-coach

And for reference, this didn't come from a homer, it came from the lead NFL writer on BR.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He seems like one of those few guys you'd drive a propane truck straight into hell for.

I believe that leadership ability is above all the other ones. Let's hope it translates into success.  :yes:

Reading the comments on the article was almost better than the article itself. A lot of fans of other teams praising Gus and excited about the Jag's future. 

I think we saw last year how hard this team played for him.. Now add in some more talent and time and I think we'll see more success rather quickly.

The Jaguars won four games last year, because of Gus Bradley. We'll see more of Gus's greatness, during this season and the next.

Hard not to be excited about the direction of the team. Gus plays a huge part in that.
No commercial messages in sigs

Great read! The future does look bright for this team. Hopefully it translates into solid progress.

I'm So Luvn this article...

BUT... the GM primarily selects the players and the coaches has minimun influence while coaching said players...

Bradley will not suceed w/o Caldwell...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I
Quote:I think we saw last year how hard this team played for him.. Now add in some more talent and time and I think we'll see more success rather quickly.

I So Agree...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 02:14 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Khan is really impressing me the most. He came in with an immediate and clear vision of how he wanted the team to be presented and surrounded the organization with great people such as Gus. I think this speaks volumes towards his business and personal achievements. The right way appears to be the only way. The habitual losing and media garbage will soon be a muddy memory.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I'm So Luvn this article...

BUT... the GM primarily selects the players and the coaches has minimun influence while coaching said players...

Bradley will not suceed w/o Caldwell...

NH3...
Gus and Caldwell definitely work together with the drafting of defensive players and I'd say Gus calls most of the shots there.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Who is the most critical to the franchise between Khan, Dave, and Gus?
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Who is the most critical to the franchise between Khan, Dave, and Gus?
Khan.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Khan is really impressing me the most. He came in with an immediate and clear vision of how he wanted the team to be presented and surrounded the organization with great people such as Gus. I think this speaks volumes towards his business and personal achievements. The right way appears to be the only way. The habitual losing and media garbage will soon be a muddy memory.

co sign

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 12:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Who is the most critical to the franchise between Khan, Dave, and Gus?

Khan. 

Without Khan, the other 2 might not be here right now.

Yep, King Khan is the most important to the franchise, no question.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Really looked like the author did some work.  Nice job.

Side note.  Very unusual to read a national article that does not have the words, "Tarps", "London", "Los Angeles" or "Relocating" in there somewhere. 

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

In all walks of life, people are drawn to others that have that winning attitude in everything they do. Sports at the NFL level is no exception. True leadership starts at the top and filters down to all those below that. When a coach "EXPECTS" great things out of his players, it's only a matter of time before that becomes a reality. How can  one NOT be excited about the Jags future. Will it happen this year? Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them sneak into a playoff spot. If they start fast and get that "swagger" that all winners have............they could have a fan base going nuts over jaguar mania!

Actually really enjoyed that article, Hope we see more stuff like this in the future. Gus could be one of the best in the NFL and i really hope so Big Grin

Gus being the next great coach might be a bit too far for me right now. I recognize his amazing leadership style. He has already proven he can rebuild/fix players such as Andre Branch and the few middle of the road defensive Free agents last year.

However. He still had a couple weak positional coach hires which could bite him in the [BLEEP]. Also, His success does rely on how well caldwell drafts. So far I think we are headed in the right direction.