Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bleacher Report article on why Gus is the next great NFL coach

Quote:Gus being the next great coach might be a bit too far for me right now. I recognize his amazing leadership style. He has already proven he can rebuild/fix players such as Andre Branch and the few middle of the road defensive Free agents last year.

However. He still had a couple weak positional coach hires which could bite him in the [BLEEP]. Also, His success does rely on how well caldwell drafts. So far I think we are headed in the right direction.

I think this is a very fair assessment. 

While we realize the "potential" is there for Gus to be a very good one....nothing is proven yet, other than 4-12. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just hope he can turn this team around. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

beautiful article.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:I just hope he can turn this team around.

I think we have the right guy to do just that in Bradley.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Khan is the most important figure at the franchise but without a good coach like Gus, the money he spends would just be a waste.

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 09:21 AM by NH3.)

Quote:Gus and Caldwell definitely work together with the drafting of defensive players and I'd say Gus calls most of the shots there.
Bradley gives Caldwell an outline (height, weight, skillset, etc.) of the type of defensive player that fits the scheme. Caldwell takes input from coaches, scouts and Tony but Caldwell selects All players solely. It's his job/reputation that will be in question if the selected talent doesn't pan out even though Bradley and staff plays a part in developing the talent...

They are an awesome tandum that Mr. Khan has created... Bradley via. Caldwell...

NH3...
"AZANE"

MJD would say the Jaguars won 4 games because of him... so who's to say who's right.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Mr. Khan is definately the Most Important piece to our Jaguar Puzzle by far.

Four names says it all...

Khan...

Lamping...

Caldwell...

Bradley...

(bonus) Bortles...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:MJD would say the Jaguars won 4 games because of him... so who's to say who's right.
I don't think MJD played in all 4 games that we won.

Quote:Mr. Khan is definately the Most Important piece to our Jaguar Puzzle by far.

Four names says it all...

Khan...

Lamping...

Caldwell...

Bradley...

(bonus) Bortles...

NH3...
Bortles has to be in there if we are to be successful. A lot riding on that kid.

Quote:Khan is the most important figure at the franchise but without a good coach like Gus, the money he spends would just be a waste.

...without Khan here, Caldwell might not be here, hence Bradley might not be here. 

Quote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/20947...head-coach

And for reference, this didn't come from a homer, it came from the lead NFL writer on BR.
Carroll wisely kept Gus around, best part of the article.  I think his personality, the excitement and positivity, is contigious and makes players excited about the future of the team as well as the fans.

Quote:Bortles has to be in there if we are to be successful. A lot riding on that kid.
If the 4 above him have done their jobs well, he will be successful.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I thought the best part of the article was the quotes from other head coaches. The NFL as a whole seems to heap praise on Gus. They all can't be wrong and I for one don't believe they are.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:...without Khan here, Caldwell might not be here, hence Bradley might not be here. 

Let's just say they all need each other :yes:

Quote:I thought the best part of the article was the quotes from other head coaches. The NFL as a whole seems to heap praise on Gus. They all can't be wrong and I for one don't believe they are.

The tinfoil hat crowd will say they're just participating in a grand conspiracy by doing so.