Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
US Men's National Team vs. Nigeria Last Night

What a great time! It was a better overall atmosphere then the Scotland game a few years ago (hard to believe, because that was pretty awesome too). Being the timing of the game though, it makes complete sense. The team seems to be starting to find their groove. Played well against a solid WC squad.

I don't feel sorry for the folks who poo-poo on soccer, but I will say, you are missing out as a sport fan. Soccer games/fans/atmosphere is different, and it is awesome. Particularly on the international level.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would have to agree it was blast. Nothing like cheering for USA.

Quote:I would have to agree it was blast. Nothing like cheering for USA.
Quite a good event.

I am hoping the next go round of Olympic qualifiers that we can get a couple of them, and the hex stage of the qualifying as well.

;

My son went...he had a blast!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Only time I've been able to watch soccer and actually enjoyed it is US either in Olympics or World Cup.  

Quote:Only time I've been able to watch soccer and actually enjoyed it is US either in Olympics or World Cup.

I can enjoy a lot of sports..soccer just isn't one of them. I've tried. My son is a Real Madrid fan and I've tried to watch a few matches with him...I've decided that I would rather sit on my front porch and watch my grass grow!!!!

So I didn't hear anything else about the guy who superman'd over the top of the stadium.. Did the guy die? Last I heard he was still in critical condition.. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:So I didn't hear anything else about the guy who superman'd over the top of the stadium.. Did the guy die? Last I heard he was still in critical condition.. 
I haven't yet either. Was it because of a fight? drunken stupor?

The original report made it sound like he fell from the 400's to the concrete below, come to find he had fallen some 30 feet. That sucks, but nothing like the news made it sound at first.

;

Quote:So I didn't hear anything else about the guy who superman'd over the top of the stadium.. Did the guy die? Last I heard he was still in critical condition.. 

what the hell???...... :blink: 

Quote:what the hell???...... :blink:

Supposedly was trying to stand on a seat and fell over the railing.

Quote:Supposedly was trying to stand on a seat and fell over the railing.

Jeezus, thats horrible

Quote:Supposedly was trying to stand on a seat and fell over the railing.

Number 1, You're already at the highest point you can get from a fan's perspective, no reason to stand on the seat, I'm sure the guy could see everything just fine from where he was at..

Number 2, I don't mean to sound negative or uncaring, but who in their right mind? Idiot..

Number 3, Is this going to have an impact on further safety features to extend the railing so future supermen don't attempt to side horse vault (ala summer olympics) the railing again?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

He was in section 243 or something like that and he was drunk

It looked like a blast. Good to see Jozy end his slump, hopefully we can compete, we're basically in the group of death

Quote:He was in section 243 or something like that and he was drunk

According to at least one account I read, he wasn't drunk.  It was just a tragic accident that resulted from a stupid decision. 

I haven't seen any updates on his status, but the fact that he fell 40 feet landing flat on his back and survived is a minor miracle. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

If he survived, he is in extreme pain right now.

This reminds me of that tragic accident that happened in 2011 at the Texas Rangers game.  Very sad.  You have to be careful when near the railings at these sporting events.

Quote:If he survived, he is in extreme pain right now.

This reminds me of that tragic accident that happened in 2011 at the Texas Rangers game.  Very sad.  You have to be careful when near the railings at these sporting events.

was that the one where the dad was trying to get the baseball and fell over the railing?

Quote:What a great time! It was a better overall atmosphere then the Scotland game a few years ago (hard to believe, because that was pretty awesome too). Being the timing of the game though, it makes complete sense. The team seems to be starting to find their groove. Played well against a solid WC squad.

I don't feel sorry for the folks who poo-poo on soccer, but I will say, you are missing out as a sport fan. Soccer games/fans/atmosphere is different, and it is awesome. Particularly on the international level.

Great atmosphere, great game.

One of the best sporting events I have experienced.

Quote:was that the one where the dad was trying to get the baseball and fell over the railing?

ya

I will say this...the closer you sat to the Outlaws the better.  That is a great group of fans.  They helped create the atmosphere.

When the US scored that place went nuts.

The Nigerian fans I talked with were very nice as well.  We were walking in and two big guys were in front of us, and I said you may be the only two here.  He just kept saying thats enough with his accent.  He was great.