Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida-Alabama Softball National Title Series

Yesterday was a slow sports night. No NBA or NHL Finals yet so I watched the majority of the Gator softball game 1 of the National Title series. It's not horrible to watch, just not my cup of tea as an everyday thing. It's faster than baseball and the combination of sport and cheerleading makes for some good entertainment.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yesterday was a slow sports night. No NBA or NHL Finals yet so I watched the majority of the Gator softball game 1 of the National Title series. It's not horrible to watch, just not my cup of tea as an everyday thing. It's faster than baseball and the combination of sport and cheerleading makes for some good entertainment.

I watched a few innings.  I don't mind watching elite softball...the womens national team was fun to watch too.  Especially Jenny Finch.

I watched it all.  The Gator girls are incredibly good defensively.  Still can't get used to the bunt type hit just to get on base but it is what it is.  Also, the Gator uniforms actually look good.  The 1st time that I actually thought Blue and Orange were a good combination -- perhaps it was just the girls making them look better then Jeff Driskel does.

Go Gators.

love me some college softball

Oh man can't get enough of women's softball. Whew it's amazing.

Quote:Oh man can't get enough of women's softball. Whew it's amazing.

It's much more entertaining if you watch and try to figure out which players wear Dr Martens and have their wallets on chains in their back pocket. :woot:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:It's much more entertaining if you watch and try to figure out which players wear Dr Martens and have their wallets on chains in their back pocket. :woot:

That's really not all that hard to do though...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

And the Gator Girls pull it out! Not a bad thing to watch, particularly on a couple slow sports nights.

;

Quote:I watched it all.  The Gator girls are incredibly good defensively.  Still can't get used to the bunt type hit just to get on base but it is what it is.  Also, the Gator uniforms actually look good.  The 1st time that I actually thought Blue and Orange were a good combination -- perhaps it was just the girls making them look better then Jeff Driskel does.

Go Gators.

There were points in that game where their defense was horrible. I know they had those 4 at one point, but they made some nice plays towards the end.

I wonder if their ace pitcher will join the national team.

Quote: 

I wonder if their ace pitcher will join the national team.
I hope so. Not bad to look at.

;

Quote:I hope so. Not bad to look at.

Can you guys watch girls sports without focusing on whose hot??? Anyone just enjoy women's softball because of how awesome the sport is like me?

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 10:18 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Can you guys watch girls sports without focusing on whose hot??? Anyone just enjoy women's softball because of how awesome the sport is like me?
I find it tough to be honest.

;

Quote:Can you guys watch girls sports without focusing on whose hot??? Anyone just enjoy women's softball because of how awesome the sport is like me?
It's next to impossible. Some of the girls are really cute, and some...are not.

Quote:It's next to impossible. Some of the girls are really cute, and some...are not.

I just really wish it was about the sport. Softball is just so freaking awesome.

Women's softball school now.

Quote:I just really wish it was about the sport. Softball is just so freaking awesome.

In all honesty, it's better for me to watch than baseball.  The pace was quicker.

I also thought it was funny to see the attitude difference between men and women.  The girls were out there smiling, dancing, and having a good time....guys take it much more seriously.  It was interesting.

Quote:Women's softball school now.

The women are picking up the slack. Good for them.

Quote:In all honesty, it's better for me to watch than baseball.  The pace was quicker.

I also thought it was funny to see the attitude difference between men and women.  The girls were out there smiling, dancing, and having a good time....guys take it much more seriously.  It was interesting.

I've always been struck with that attitude difference. Teams of women always seem more of the "all for one, one for all" attitude than men's teams. Or they are more demonstrative about it, less self-centered.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Women's softball school now.

Better that than Heisman Trophy Winner Mug Shot school.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I've always been struck with that attitude difference. Teams of women always seem more of the "all for one, one for all" attitude than men's teams. Or they are more demonstrative about it, less self-centered.

I am friends with families that have daughters who are very active in team sports, particularly basketball and softball. Their dedication rivals or exceeds their male peers, and their enthusiasm is infectious.

They are not raised as divas or treated special, that is the main difference. It is all about team.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]