Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
in town for the weekend

Came into town from NC for memorial weekend and got a question for the more seasoned Jax residents: where is a good place in town to get Jags gear? Specifically jerseys? Staying right up the road from River City Marketplace so if I can stay on this side of the river it'd be awesome. Also need to snag my boss a Bortles jersey. He (my boss) is a UCF alum and Tinhorn fan. I think I converted him....

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brown noser.

There's a place inside the Avenues Mall its name has changed a few times but you can't miss it, go in through the food court and look right it's at the end of the 2nd floor.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Sports Mania Locations, there is one at the Town center, one at the Beaches, One off San Jose Blvd I think.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

You're in my neck of the woods.  I dunno really what the best place would be (I usually buy my gear on the Jags site), but there is a Dick's Sporting Goods at the River City Marketplace.  They have a selection of Jags stuff.  Football Fanatics is supposed to be one of the better places, believe they have a location at the beach.  Plus ya can't come to Jax and not hit the beaches man!

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote: Sports Mania Locations, there is one at the Town center, one at the Beaches, One off San Jose Blvd I think.

The one at the Towncenter is closing IIRC.

Quote:The one at the Towncenter is closing IIRC.

It may already be closed.

Academy Sports has Bortles jerseys.

I think there is a [BLEEP] Sporting Good at the River City Marketplace. May want to call and see what they have.

Quote:You're in my neck of the woods.  I dunno really what the best place would be (I usually buy my gear on the Jags site), but there is a Dick's Sporting Goods at the River City Marketplace.  They have a selection of Jags stuff.  Football Fanatics is supposed to be one of the better places, believe they have a location at the beach.  Plus ya can't come to Jax and not hit the beaches man!

All the Fanatics stores were sold to Lids. The one at the Avenues has basically sold all their Jaguar stuff and is mostly now just hats and some jerseys. Alot of NBA stuff.

Quote:Came into town from NC for memorial weekend and got a question for the more seasoned Jax residents: where is a good place in town to get Jags gear? Specifically jerseys? Staying right up the road from River City Marketplace so if I can stay on this side of the river it'd be awesome. Also need to snag my boss a Bortles jersey. He (my boss) is a UCF alum and Tinhorn fan. I think I converted him....

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Your best bet is probably at the Avenues Mall at the Lids Locker Room, formerly known as Football Fanatics.

Also try [BLEEP] at the Towncenter. I personally can't find anything I like when I'm back in Jacksonville. I've found better gear out here in Tallahassee. The best way is probably ordering online.

Quote:All the Fanatics stores were sold to Lids. The one at the Avenues has basically sold all their Jaguar stuff and is mostly now just hats and some jerseys. Alot of NBA stuff.

That sucks.  Well, [BLEEP] at the Marketplace has a fair selection.  Sportsmania in the Landing has some stuff if it's still there.  Smile

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:That sucks.  Well, [BLEEP] at the Marketplace has a fair selection.  Sportsmania in the Landing has some stuff if it's still there.  Smile

And Sportsmania is locally owned. A plus.

Quote:Sports Mania Locations, there is one at the Town center, one at the Beaches, One off San Jose Blvd I think.

I'm pretty sure Sports Mania closed. I went into Sports Mania the week after the draft in Mandarin and they had nothing...barely any t shirts. They seem to do this on a yearly basis. I just don't get it. Because of that, I've switched my allegiance to Lids of all places (Football Fanatics online when I plan ahead)

Quote:I'm pretty sure Sports Mania closed. I went into Sports Mania the week after the draft in Mandarin and they had nothing...barely any t shirts. They seem to do this on a yearly basis. I just don't get it. Because of that, I've switched my allegiance to Lids of all places (Football Fanatics online when I plan ahead)

No surprise. Brick and mortar retail is tough. I was in Jax Beach and didnt see SportsMania. Beach location may have closed too. Jagmania is gone. Fanatics retail outlets got bought out.

Tough business.

Snagged a Bortles at Champs at Regency. Gotta love a 20% military discount.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

jags mania at the beach just moved to (around) 3rd st and (say) 10 th ave south.