Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts On Donovan Being Left Off Of World Cup Roster?

Personally feel it was the right move.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He may still be dealing with some injuries, but who knows. He is the face of US soccer, so the negativity should be expected.

Listening to Prosser, who doesn't know a thing about soccer this morning was interesting.

What did Prosser say? I doubt he knows anything about US Soccer.

It's the right move, albeit unpopular. Donovan & Klins always had a rough relationship, dating back to Donovan's rocky stint at FC Bayern. I personally believe it was a combination of Donovan's current fitness, his approach to training/preparedness, and his sabbatical to Cambodia when his team needed him. 

Kudos for Klins in sticking to his guns.

I'll play you in ping pong. 

Quote:What did Prosser say? I doubt he knows anything about US Soccer.

He admitted he knows nothing about soccer. His point was really only that Donovan was the face of US soccer and even if he was in his 40's he should still be put on the team if he wanted to keep playing.

That's like saying we should have kept MJD just because he wanted to keep playing, even though he isn't the running back he was 5 years ago.

I love World Cup soccer. Admittedly though, I haven't payed much attention to US soccer at all lately.

I know it was 4 years ago,, but Donovan came up huge in South Africa with his last second goal during the last match in group play, propelling them into the elimination rounds.

Age and Fitness must have gotten to him, idk. He was the face of US Soccer. But, maybe it's time to just move on (similar to Beckham for England, even though he retired himself).

Klinsman is the man, no doubt. I gotta believe he kmows what he's doing.

World Cup,,, I can't wait!

Klinsman's decision was also made easier because he recently got the four year extension. His eyes are set on 2018, and 2018 has potential to be pretty good for US Soccer. Donovan wouldn't have started anyway even if on the roster.

The addition of Julian Green and keeping Donovan off will pay off in the end (2018 WC).

;

It's time for the U.S. team to build for their future, with players dedicated to that future. They don't need a player who needed a year long break to get his mind and body back in shape.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:What did Prosser say? I doubt he knows anything about US Soccer.

He doesn't know anything about anything.

Quote:He doesn't know anything about anything.

Watch what you say...Prosser will have another rant telling everyone how stupid people are on message boards.

Quote:It's time for the U.S. team to build for their future, with players dedicated to that future. They don't need a player who needed a year long break to get his mind and body back in shape.
Yup, I agree.

;

Quote:He doesn't know anything about anything.
I think he's knowledgeable about other things, but definitley not soccer, admittedly though.

;

Quote:I think he's knowledgeable about other things, but definitley not soccer, admittedly though.

Sorry, but anyone who has to scream into a microphone to get his point across is a buffoon to me and can't be taken seriously. Prosser is nothing more than a clown.

Quote:Sorry, but anyone who has to scream into a microphone to get his point across is a buffoon to me and can't be taken seriously. Prosser is nothing more than a clown.
He's not the only radio guy around the country to do that. Part of their "shtick". Cut through the stuff you think is bull and he does have some good takes.

;

Quote:He's not the only radio guy around the country to do that. Part of their "shtick". Cut through the stuff you think is bull and he does have some good takes.

I dont think its really shtick with Prosser. When he feels threatened that someone has a better point than he does or when he gets cornered because he doesnt have a clue...he yells.

It is why he doesn't like Twitter or message boards.....it brings up discussion, and he cant yell at people and try to win.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2014, 02:33 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:I dont think its really shtick with Prosser. When he feels threatened that someone has a better point than he does or when he gets cornered because he doesnt have a clue...he yells.

It is why he doesn't like Twitter or message boards.....it brings up discussion, and he cant yell at people and try to win.

What, the guy can't find the CAPS LOCK key?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Shocking! I call it mellow yellow.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Better question, why is Brad Davis on the team?

And then I moved on with my life. 

I can see Denard getting cut but I'd like to see him here for another year.  I just don't think he'll be able to do what others have been doing their entire life (e.g. running between the tackles or being a return guy).