Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thoughts On Donovan Being Left Off Of World Cup Roster?

Quote:Better question, why is Brad Davis on the team?
He won't play much if at all. Being able to play a traditional midfield role or on the wing helped him for sure.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can see Denard getting cut but I'd like to see him here for another year.  I just don't think he'll be able to do what others have been doing their entire life (e.g. running between the tackles or being a return guy).  

Someone got a little wastey face!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

There were a couple head scratchers but personally I think this is a terrible move.  Donovan probably isnt fit to start but he'd be the perfect sub.  Especially for this group.  I guarantee you that in one if not all three of these games we'll be down a goal with 20-30 minutes left having shown zero possession, little offense, and no more than a handful of scoring chances.  There is no one other than Landon you'd rather have to come in provide a spark and any semblance of offensive creativity.  Brad Davis?  Only for the one left footed free kick just outside the box you may or may not get.  Julian Green?  The guy playing in Single A Germany.  No way.

This decision has nothing to with ability.  And if dedication was an issue why is Timothy Chandler on the team?  He wanted nothing to do with the national team at times.  People act as though Donovan's sabbatical was last month.  It was a year and a half ago and he missed only a handful of world cup qualifiers.  Earned his way back on to the team after JK punished him by not playing him.  And then Donovan quickly regained his spot as one of our very best players in the Gold Cup.

Its well known JK and Donovan dont get along.  And after seeing JK's kids tweet, it seems pretty apparent this was personal.  Couple that with the fact that JK is a bit of a control freak.  If you notice, he didnt necessarily go with youth, he went with inexperience. A good number of the older players are first timers as well.  I think that was intentional.  

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 09:40 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I can see Denard getting cut but I'd like to see him here for another year.  I just don't think he'll be able to do what others have been doing their entire life (e.g. running between the tackles or being a return guy).  

Where am I ??   Can someone please point me to the "Which Jag Do You Think Will Be Cut" thread !!!

Quote:Where am I ??   Can someone please point me to the "Which Jag Do You Think Will Be Cut" thread !!!

Go to the Blake Bortles thread and turn left. If you see the Stadium Naming Deal thread, you've gone too far.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The other real head scratcher is Clarence Goodson not on the team and Yedlin taking his spot.  Yedlin may have potential but has played lousy in the MLS of late and looked lousy again last night.  If we find ourselves in a situation where he needs to get some time in one of the World Cup matches we are in big trouble.

As far as the youth movement, why didnt Green play last night?  It seems pretty obvious by now that he was promised a trip to the WC if he agreed to play for the US.  However what good is a WC trip if you dont actually play?  And if we are building for 2018, which is dumb to begin with, why not play the young guys? 

btw, Altidore hasnt shown good form in forever.  If Dempsey's injury lingers and he isnt 100% or, heaven forbid, has to miss time at the WC, our 5% of moving past the group stage goes to 0%.  He is our only real offensive threat right now.

As much as I would love for us to move on from the group stage, I highly doubt we will do so...