Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Jacksonville Jaguars follower

Greetings Jaguars fans! I am a long time Jets fan from New Jersey and after meeting some Jaguars fans at this year's draft in New York (very cool people), I decided to follow the Jacksonville Jaguars team this year because your fans left a great impression on me.

I am still a dedicated Jets fan, but I will be following the Jags as a second team. I already downloaded the Jaguars desktop app and I'm trying to catch up on the history of the franchise. I like that fact that you guys are in a transition period and have a plan to achieve success. I like the owner mr. Khan who seems very passionate about the franchise and he appears to be one of the "better" owners in the league. I absolutely love the head coach "Gus", his personality and energy is contagous, I know the players must LOVE playing for this guy!

I love the fact that you guys are always considered under dogs and I hope this season you prove the world wrong. I believe you guys play the NFC East this season and AFC North. That's pretty brutal. Curious to see how you guys do this season. Perhaps I will get to see you guys play when you come up to my neck of the woods to play the NY Giants (I hope you mop the floor with them)!

Love the uniforms, can't wait to see Blake Bortles in action and I would love to visit the town and attend a game next seaon (can't this year). Wishing you guys good luck and I will be lurking here starting today!   

New Jaguars Fan 2014

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welcome aboard Big Grin

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Thanks!

New Jaguars Fan 2014

Congrats on a most enlightened football decision.

Perhaps you will become a full fledged Jaguars fan when Gus & Dave and Co lead us to a Super Bowl championship or 5.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Welcome. This forum can be a little negative at times but the recent job by the front office has a lot of us excited and looking forward to the season so you're joining at a good time. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Welcome

Thanks, everyone. I have some questions about the actual city itself because I want to come down for a game for the weekend. Like, how far is the stadium from the airport, a cheap place to stay either near the stadium or near the airport. And things to do (I don't drink so no bars, but I like nature, art, music and shopping)!

Appreciate it, guys! I'll pop back in after lunch to see your responses! I gotta go!

New Jaguars Fan 2014

Why was this moved to the sideline?

Anyway, a quick primer for the new fan.

1.  The titans (aka tacks/aka stinkin' tacks), Colts, Texans, and to some degree amongst older Jaguars fans the Steelers are the embodiments of evil and have no redeeming value whatsoever.

2.  See #1.  Learn #1.  Embrace #1.  Love #1.

3.  Some great moments in Jaguars history will include

a.  Morten's Miss

b.  The win in Denver and the 40k at 1 AM

c.  The first monday Night game

d.  62-7 squishing of the Fish (as a Jets fan you might appreciate that)

e.  375

Quote:Why was this moved to the sideline?

1.  The titans (aka tacks/aka stinkin' tacks), Colts, Texans, and to some degree amongst older Jaguars fans the Steelers are the embodiments of evil and have no redeeming value whatsoever.

a.  Morten's Miss

e.  375

62-7? !!! My fandom has just been cemented! I have to find this on youtube! Was this against Morino's Dolphins?
New Jaguars Fan 2014

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2014, 10:11 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:62-7? !!! My fandom has just been cemented! I have to find this on youtube! Was this against Morino's Dolphins?

Yes it was and Dan has said this is his worst moment in his career.  We sent him off to retirement.  I mean a Hall of Fame QB was pulled from a game in the playoffs...  Lol, when does that ever happen?

Quote:Yes it was and Dan has said this is his worst moment in his career.  We sent him off to retirement.  I mean a Hall of Fame QB was pulled from a game in the playoffs...  Lol, when does that ever happen?

Now that you mention that, this franchise never seemed to treat the vaunted class of '83 with much respect.

We knocked Jim Kelly into retirement with a playoff win...IN Buffalo!

We gave Elway what he considered his worst loss ever in the playoffs...IN DENVER the very next week.

And we went 2-0 against Marino, and humiliated him in his last ever game.

To the new guy...other memorable moments include...

9-0

Taylor v. Doss

Taylor reaches 10,000

Bottlegate

River City Relay

MJD turned Shawne Merriman's "lights out."

26-7 over Spurrier

Shaw's punt return to beat the Eagles

And to give you a feel for the new regime, here's Gus in all of his glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVgT8bbkGD0

Remember, this was for the Senior Bowl and Gus knew that he might see maybe ten of these guys in the future. That's pretty much commitment incarnate right there.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:And to give you a feel for the new regime, here's Gus in all of his glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVgT8bbkGD0

Remember, this was for the Senior Bowl and Gus knew that he might see maybe ten of these guys in the future. That's pretty much commitment incarnate right there.
That was Telvin Smith standing right by Gus.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2014, 05:26 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Other things you might want to know:

Gene Smith is... well I'll just say he's worse than Tannenbaum.  9 Words: Tyson Alualu, Gabbert, and a punter in the 3rd.

We still remember Tom Coughlin fondly, even though some of us chased him out.

We try to forget Mike Mularkey, and none of us know why he was hired in the first place

We were the first team to defeat the Bills in the playoffs at home in 30 years.  Just the third team to ever do it.

Other Memorable Moments:

-The River City Relay, and the failed point after attempt by the Saints

-Beating Pittsburgh in the playoffs in Pittsburgh

-9-3 against the Steelers

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

You don't drink? Well...I'm not so sure we can tolerate your kind around these parts.

Our New Jersey quota is full, sorry.

I kid, I kid, welcome to the board.

What happened to Old Jersey?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:What happened to Old Jersey?

Didn't you hear?

Nike redesigned it.

Quote:Why was this moved to the sideline?

a.  Morten's Miss

e.  375
How dare you butcher clots

Wow, worse than Tananbum who through away draft pics and the future stability of the franchise for flashy big names with little left in the tank, no nfl level skill sets or known locker room cancers? Wow!
New Jaguars Fan 2014