Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2012/2013 Marqise Lee in this year'a draft

At the end of the 2012 season, I remember Marqise was the man! Had 1700 yards, 16 TDS, a 345 yard game vs Arizona, and was getting buzz as a top-3 pick! Injuries, freshmen QBs, and a coaching change played into a down year. But I do think he returns to form. Where would he rank in 2014's draft?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he had been 100 percent healthy then I see him going in the top 10 to 20 range of the draft. Marqise Lee is a playmaker.

id say right around pick 39.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He'd most likely be 3rd off the board after Watkins/Evans but before OBJ

Yeah, I remember thinking he had a Heisman Trophy in his near future after his first year.

Assuming you meant the 2013 draft, I'd say he would've went at 8 at the latest -- where Tavon Austin went to the Rams. I could also see him going over Dion Jordan at 3, Lane Johnson at 4, or Mingo at 6.

1 1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

1 2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

1 3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan DE Oregon

1 4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

1 5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

1 6 Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo DE LSU

1 7 Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina

1 8 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

1 9 New York Jets Dee Milliner CB Alabama

1 10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack G Alabama

1 11 San Diego Chargers D. J. Fluker OT Alabama

1 12 Oakland Raiders D. J. Hayden CB Houston

1 13 New York Jets Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

1 14 Carolina Panthers. Star Lotulelei DT Utah

1 15 New Orleans Saints Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

Why is everyone giving him a pass bc the rookie quarterback thing....wouldn't that affect all the receivers at SC? I think we got him at good value. Definitely first round talent, but he's got flaws. If healthy, he would have went before OBJ, and in 2013, I'd consider taking him before Austin.

He would have been top 10 after his sophomore season. Had he been 100% healthy this year, I suspect he still would have been top 10.

If he had left in 2013 he could have been drafted in the Top 5 because of the lack of "skill" positions available. If he had played as well as or better than the 2012 season this past fall, he would have been the first WR off the board.

He's a fringe 1st rounder.
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:He's a fringe 1st rounder.
You sure about that? This year was a deep draft and there was a run on OT and CB late in the first. If this was last year he might have been top 12.

If he went last year he'd of easily been the best receiver coming out. I don't think STL would have had a shot at him

Just like Barkley was never a top 10 QB, Lee was never a true top 10 caliber WR. He would've been a first rounder last year because it was a super weak draft, but that's it. Even if he followed up last year's stats with a similar year this year I think early 2nd was still the range he would have gone in. He still had very suspect hands, a slight frame, average deep speed, etc. We didn't get some major steal, we just got a solid 2nd round WR. Robinson was the steal between the two. 

Pretty much concur with KYjaggy.  I'm somewhat concerned with the way that Lee has tended to catch passes close to his body and the drops are also a bit of a warning.

I'm more excited about Robinson because he looks like something we haven't had for a while.

The 2013 class already looks ridiculously weak.

Quote:Assuming you meant the 2013 draft, I'd say he would've went at 8 at the latest -- where Tavon Austin went to the Rams. I could also see him going over Dion Jordan at 3, Lane Johnson at 4, or Mingo at 6.

1 1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan

1 2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

1 3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan DE Oregon

1 4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma

1 5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU

1 6 Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo DE LSU

1 7 Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina

1 8 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

1 9 New York Jets Dee Milliner CB Alabama

1 10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack G Alabama

1 11 San Diego Chargers D. J. Fluker OT Alabama

1 12 Oakland Raiders D. J. Hayden CB Houston

1 13 New York Jets Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri

1 14 Carolina Panthers. Star Lotulelei DT Utah

1 15 New Orleans Saints Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

I can't recall another draft off the top of my head that had only one Offensive Skill player go in the top 15.