Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So does the NFL ever plan on shedding some light on Blackmon?

I mean it's hard enough knowing he's probably going to be suspended this season but dang can't they just tell us already?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

De's suspended indefinitely. Until he applies for reinstatement there is nothing more to tell.

Quote:De's suspended indefinitely. Until he applies for reinstatement there is nothing more to tell.
Interesting, would have thought he would have already applied unless something is holding him back?

he can't until the week before week one or something like that.i know it's really close to the start of the season when he can apply

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I want to say he'll be eligible before the preseason, but "prior to the 2014 season" could also mean the regular season.

Either way he'll be back by week 8, there's no doubt in my mind. The question is whether he's ready to drop his habit and produce on this team.

The Jags could really use his physical style of play.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Until he applies for reinstatement, the NFL can't shed any light on the situation beyond confirming he's suspended indefinitely.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Who's Justin Blackmon?

No.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Robert Mathis has needle marks in his butt and gets to play 12 games next year. #fair

Hopefully he's doing some major soul searching right now, realizing that he's a mere thread away from throwing away a career that millions wish they had. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014, 09:25 AM by JagsFerLife.)

I think I saw it was some time in June when he's allowed to apply for reinstatement, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

It don't matter if he comes back or not. He will not be missed if he doesn't. Personally I hope he doesn't, and he's gone for good.  We have some very good weapons .

Sorry but players like him and Hernandez just need to go Away,  and the NFL needs to make a statement and to show the young ones who look up to them, that this behavior will not be tolerated. 

That's my 2 cents. :thanks:

Quote:It don't matter if he comes back or not. He will not be missed if he doesn't. Personally I hope he doesn't, and he's gone for good.  We have some very good weapons .

Sorry but players like him and Hernandez just need to go Away,  and the NFL needs to make a statement and to show the young ones who look up to them, that this behavior will not be tolerated. 

So you're comparing an alcoholic to a guy accused of multiple murders? Really?

I'm assuming you'll want change for that 2 cents?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It don't matter if he comes back or not. He will not be missed if he doesn't. Personally I hope he doesn't, and he's gone for good.  We have some very good weapons .

Yikes man... I guess I'm similar to a murderer because I love getting drunk too.

I just would like to know if he is being tested during his indefinite suspension.

No they don't.  And they shouldn't.  He's been suspended by the league indefinitely.  The details of his life are not our business.  The details of whether he is putting himself in a position to come back or not will never be our business until the day he applies for reinstatement.  At that point, then the only part of it which will be our business is whatever part the team deem necessary to tell the fans.

Really? I'm drunknow, with no thoughts of murder, two different things

I absolutely murdered a six pack last night. Now I feel worse than both of those guys.... Sad

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I'm killing bud lights as we speak but have no affiliation with the Bristol bloods.

Blackmon will not be back.  If you are curious if he is taking tests administered by the NFL go out to the bars in Jax Beach on just about any night of the week and you will probably find him.  My guess is he is not taking tests, and if he is then he is not passing them.  We drafted two receivers early, we cleaned out his locker, and Caldwell is saying there is less than a 5% chance he will play next year.  If Blackmon were abiding by the rules and working hard to get his life in order then why would we do this?