Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 "Non bold predictions"

This thread, unlike the bold prediction thread is for you to post your actual expectations for the season. 

Cecil Shorts hits 1,200 yards - I think the addition of Lee and Robinson will open it up for Cecil, this is his year. 

Chris Clemmons gets 10 sacks - Returning to form after an injury slowed him down last year

Cyprien gets 4 INts along with a couple forced fumbles

Blake Bortles comes in for Henne week 1 after an injury, throws for 4,000 yards 40 tds 5 picks and wins MVP of the league... Okay maybe that was a little bold xd

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Allen Robinson - 750 yds receiving - 4 TDs

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014, 06:54 AM by JagsFan-32.)

Henne gets benched, then bortles, Morris comes in for the remaining 5 games and leads the team to 5 straight wins for a 5-11 record.

Quote:Henne gets benched, then bortles, Morris comes in for the remaining 5 games and leads the team to 5 straight wins for a 5-11 record.
Why do you troll all the time? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Non-bold predictions?

I predict Justin Blackmon will be back on the field before week 10 in a Jaguars uniform. He's going to apply for reinstatement, there's no doubt about that, he needs the money. Even if he hasn't gotten over his addiction he will apply and will either sink or swim.

What people seem to believe is that the NFL is going to keep Blackmon off the field for the entire season. That's almost two seasons worth of football over a joint. I wouldn't put that past the NBA, but no one short of a convicted murderer deserves to be barred from the NFL for almost two whole seasons.

I don't think Caldwell actually believes that either, but we'll see. I know rules are rules but there have been some habitual line crossers in the NFL (Suh, James Harrison, Ricky Williams) but I've just never seen a player get the book thrown at him like Blackmon has.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Henne will start at the beginning of the season.

Bortles will end the year as the starter.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Toby Gerhart - Pro Bowler

At some point in the season Storm Johnson will be the starting running back.

Gus Bradley AP NFL Coach of the Year

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Toby Gerhart - Pro Bowler
This certainly wouldn't surprise me. Considering the franchises' history, predicting a Jaguars 1,000 yard rusher isn't much of a stretch, so I'd say Gerhart has enough hype where he'd make it in if he rushed for 1,000.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Chenne will play just like he did last year even with new weapons.

Andre Branch gets 10 sacks, not Clemons.

Bortles is named starter going into the bye week

Blackmon is reinstated, plays well, increasing his trade value.

My non-bold prediction is that the Jags make a strong late season run to finish 9-7 and stunningly make the playoffs when, on the final play of the last game of the season, the Houston field goal kicker slips and shanks a possible game winning 30 yard field goal attempt.  The Jags go on to win major upsets in the playoffs (in spite of being heavy underdogs) and end up in the Superbowl!

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:My non-bold prediction is that the Jags make a strong late season run to finish 9-7 and stunningly make the playoffs when, on the final play of the last game of the season, the Houston field goal kicker slips and shanks a possible game winning 30 yard field goal attempt. The Jags go on to win major upsets in the playoffs (in spite of being heavy underdogs) and end up in the Superbowl!
That sounds like Arizona when they met Pit in the Superbowl.

The offensive line only allows 35 sacks this season which will put them in the middle 3rd of the league.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Henne gets benched, then bortles, Morris comes in for the remaining 5 games and leads the team to 5 straight wins for a 5-11 record.
Still butthurt bro??????

I hope johnny brownziel has a fine career in either the houskeeping or fast food industries.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:Toby Gerhart - Pro Bowler

Nice

Wallbash

Quote:This thread, unlike the bold prediction thread is for you to post your actual expectations for the season. 

Cecil Shorts hits 1,200 yards - I think the addition of Lee and Robinson will open it up for Cecil, this is his year. 

Chris Clemmons gets 10 sacks - Returning to form after an injury slowed him down last year

Cyprien gets 4 INts along with a couple forced fumbles

Blake Bortles comes in for Henne week 1 after an injury, throws for 4,000 yards 40 tds 5 picks and wins MVP of the league... Okay maybe that was a little bold xd
Um, these should have actually been in the bold (and unlikely) predictions thread....

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014, 12:24 PM by jagabc6893.)

Bortles starts his first game Week 7 at home against the Browns and Johnny Football, and he gets the win.

Lee leads the WR's in catches, yards and TD's this year.  Order of production barring injury is Lee, Shorts, Robinson...and they are all pretty close.

Gerhart scores 6-8 TD's, Storm scores 3-4. 

The defense has at least 10 more sacks than last year, with Clemons and Chris Smith leading the way.

Despite the improvements, the team still finishes with no more than 5 wins due to a tough schedule (8 losses in first 10 games). 

We draft in the top 10 again next year.