Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things that are overrated

Could be anything.

Here are a few for me.

Bruce Springsteen. I like Born to Run. Glory Days is alright if you need a good song to pitch in slow motion to. But how do you have a 40 year career, be worth hundreds of millions of dollars and have every song sound the same? Good work if you can get it.

Chipotle. The chain restaurant, not the pepper. It's fine if you need a quick lunch. But I am not waiting 30 minutes in line for what is a mere step or two above Taco Bell quality. And they charge what...$2-$3 more for chips and salsa? Nah thanks.

Craft beers. Maybe I have an unrefined pallett. Maybe I just was not meant to be a beer snob. Maybe I should try harder to be a hipster. I think most the craft beers I have tried suck. Most taste like crap. And they cost twice as much (if not more) than beer I can pick up at Publix. You can keep your craft beer, horn-rimmed glasses and general contempt for anything popular. I'll keep my water down Americna lager, contact lenses and enjoy the day.

What say you?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Beyonce.  And her husband, Mr. Beyonce.

Birth control methods involving latex.

A college degree that involved "fun" classes.

Words, Bacon, Food, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies, Superheros, Apple products, Golf

Quote:Words, Bacon, Food, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies, Superheros, Apple products, Golf

Can't disagee with most of those.

Considered bacon on my list. Well done.

Polls without Blank #2 and Corn as response options.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Lists of things that are overrated.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Bunch of commies hating on Bacon!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Words, Bacon, Food, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies, Superheros, Apple products, Golf

Hobbit yes (they're borderline awful), LOTR, no.

Words and food are overrated?

I'll say college degrees.

Wine.

Quote:Wine.

Dems fightin words  :pirate:

I agree with everything so far.  Except craft beer, cause that's just crazy.

The movie American Hustle

Quote:I agree with everything so far.  Except craft beer, cause that's just crazy.

Actually I take this back.  Though I generally don't agree that domestic macro is as good, I do think craft beer is a bit overrated in general.  

Quote:Dems fightin words :pirate:

There are some wines I like on occasion, but mostly I find them bitter.

What I want to know is why a person who polishes off a bottle of wine a day is considered cultured, but if someone else drinks the same amount of alcohol in the form of beer they're considered low brow lushes.

Most QB's in the draft, actually most players in the draft.

Also, most Qb's in the NFL, but that's because they were overrated in the draft.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Every single one of GS's draft picks.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Anything in entertainment that has a mainstream fallowing.  Everytime I here about any popular musician,people say how talented they are.  THey're beautiful people and that's about it.  Can they hold anything against real musicians who worked there whole lives to dedicate theselves to something other than being famous.  Yes Biance is a perfect example.  Same goes with the movies of our time. LOTR is a great example.  AS  are the actors.  Everyone tells me how "talented" Jennifer Lawrence is.  IS she as talented as Maryl Streep?  No.  Never will be.  Is she hot?  Yes. 

Pretty much everyone who is famous now is hot.  Is that just a coincidence?  They're not overated at being hot, but they are overrated in terms of talent.

s
;

;

Quote:Anything in entertainment that has a mainstream fallowing.  Everytime I here about any popular musician,people say how talented they are.  THey're beautiful people and that's about it.  Can they hold anything against real musicians who worked there whole lives to dedicate theselves to something other than being famous.  Yes Biance is a perfect example.  Same goes with the movies of our time. LOTR is a great example.  AS  are the actors.  Everyone tells me how "talented" Jennifer Lawrence is.  IS she as talented as Maryl Streep?  No.  Never will be.  Is she hot?  Yes. 

Pretty much everyone who is famous now is hot.  Is that just a coincidence?  They're not overated at being hot, but they are overrated in terms of talent.

Norman Mushari is overrated

Quote:Could be anything.

Here are a few for me.

Bruce Springsteen. I like Born to Run. Glory Days is alright if you need a good song to pitch in slow motion to. But how do you have a 40 year career, be worth hundreds of millions of dollars and have every song sound the same? Good work if you can get it.

Chipotle. The chain restaurant, not the pepper. It's fine if you need a quick lunch. But I am not waiting 30 minutes in line for what is a mere step or two above Taco Bell quality. And they charge what...$2-$3 more for chips and salsa? Nah thanks.

Craft beers. Maybe I have an unrefined pallett. Maybe I just was not meant to be a beer snob. Maybe I should try harder to be a hipster. I think most the craft beers I have tried suck. Most taste like crap. And they cost twice as much (if not more) than beer I can pick up at Publix. You can keep your craft beer, horn-rimmed glasses and general contempt for anything popular. I'll keep my water down Americna lager, contact lenses and enjoy the day.

What say you?

On craft beer, they have more alcohol then your cheaper beers.  And yes, you have an unrefined pallet.

Moe's:  I've gone there 3 times and every time I went it was just as bad as before.  I kept thinking maybe I just had a bad experience.  Yuck.

gators:  Way overrated last year.

Watermelon:  Yeah, I must be the only one.