Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things that are overrated

Yelling "Get in the hoooooole!" every time a golfer strikes a ball.

Or is that a pet peeve?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yelling "Get in the hoooooole!" every time a golfer strikes a ball.

Or is that a pet peeve?
Golf itself.

You must mean the Volkswagen... Golf as a sport is only a tenth as boring as Soccer...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
;

Quote:You must mean the Volkswagen... Golf as a sport is only a tenth as boring as Soccer...
I once heard watching golf on TV described as "man swinging a stick, sky, sky, sky, sky, sky, it's over there somewhere."

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014, 07:34 PM by jag86fan.)

Yes, and soccer..."he passes the ball, he dribbles, he dribbles, he passes the ball"...ad nauseum...

At least they're not all just turning left...

;
Charles Schultz
;

;
;

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014, 07:55 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You must mean the Volkswagen... Golf as a sport is only a tenth as boring as Soccer...

He's right. Golf is overrated. I don't mind playing every once in awhile and throwing back a few beers, but lets face it, (for the most part) if it wasn't seen as a rich peoples game, it wouldn't be as popular as it is. Its like some kinda "status" crap, nowadays. 

Quote:He's right. Golf is overrated. I don't mind playing every once in awhile and throwing back a few beers, but lets face it, (for the most part) if it wasn't seen as a rich peoples game, it wouldn't be as popular as it is. Its like some kinda "status" crap, nowadays. 

So if I truly enjoy playing golf, you're saying I'm a poseur?

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014, 09:53 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So if I truly enjoy playing golf, you're saying I'm a poseur?

I didn't say that. You just did. 

Quote:I didn't say that. You just did.

Technically he typed it... :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I didn't say that. You just did.

No, you did. You just won't own it.

This that and those thems -- rubbish....
"I'll die young, but it's like kissing God."

As someone who just finished his bachelor's I can say getting a degree is overrated.

Quote:He's right. Golf is overrated. I don't mind playing every once in awhile and throwing back a few beers, but lets face it, (for the most part) if it wasn't seen as a rich peoples game, it wouldn't be as popular as it is. Its like some kinda "status" crap, nowadays.

You should always keep in mind that you don't know nearly as much as you think you do.

Not you in general. You.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2014, 09:47 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You should always keep in mind that you don't know nearly as much as you think you do.

Not you in general. You.

maybe, but I'm spot on here. 

I have seen Biff & the majority of the types that frequent the Golf (country clubs)... Its exactly how I represented it. 

Quote:maybe, but I'm spot on here.

I have seen Biff & the majority of the types that frequent the Golf (country clubs)... Its exactly how I represented it.

I love golf and I'm sure as hell not some upper-cruster. I enjoy golf because it's a blast to play. Perhaps instead of attaching some negative reasoning to something you don't like, you could just consider the fact that maybe people just like other stuff than you. Your like and dislikes are not hard fast rules that everybody lives by.

You make the worst broad stroke generalizations.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2014, 10:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I love golf and I'm sure as hell not some upper-cruster.....

Perhaps you missed where I said most, not "all". 

And I never said I didn't like to play golf...again, that reading comprehension thing...

Quote:Perhaps you missed where I said most, not "all".

And I never said I didn't like to play golf...again, that reading comprehension thing...

So. Dumb.

Quote:So. Dumb.

snif. kleenex. 

Quote:Perhaps you missed where I said most, not "all".

Now you're equivocating. It's just another instance of you letting your mouth write a check that your [BLEEP] can't cash.

Nope. Reading comprehension.