Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Things that are overrated

Opinions. 

Huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think for most people Xmas Christmas is just used as an excuse to "Keep up with the Joneses" and beat the Joneses. I can decorate more, I can buy bigger gifts, I can spend more.

Its the ultimate American holiday.
I agree. It's not that Christmas is overrated, it has been bastardized by the retail market. That part of Christmas is far, far, far from it's meaning.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Some movies:

Inception

American Hustle

Scarface

;

;

Quote:I've got a very strict bathing order. First is my arms, chest, and groinal area. Then I do legs, back then face. Butt is last. Normally one would work top to bottom. But if I last bath my hiney I surely wouldn't want to wash my face first thing next time. So, there's my washing order.

My wife complains her loofa stinks some times I just tell her she needs to shower more
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Some movies:

Inception

American Hustle

Scarface

I haven't seen American hustle yet but I loved inception and scarface
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think aardvarks are overrated.

The hype is unbearable.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Right?!?!?! It's like, as soon as you open the dictionary, there they are! Front page!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

The term 'beast'

Do we mean overrated or overused?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Inception

American Hustle

Scarface
Agreed.

Bryce Harper

Quote:Bryce Harper
Don't be a clown, bro.

Stephen Strasburg

Quote:Stephen Strasburg
The whole Nationals team is overrated.

Actually, lets make the whole NL East overrated.

Quote:The whole Nationals team is overrated.

Actually, lets make the whole NL East overrated.

Yes

Quote:I haven't seen American hustle yet but I loved inception and scarface

If the intent of Scarface is to be a campy satire, that's fine. 

As a serious film, it is terrible.

Quote:Stephen Strasburg

I don't think Strasberg is overrated. Just injury prone.

Harper on the other hand...seriously overrated.

Quote:I don't think Strasberg is overrated. Just injury prone.

Harper on the other hand...seriously overrated.
ESPN and MLB network continually mention Harper and Trout in the same breath. Harper can't carry Trout's jockstrap.

Quote:ESPN and MLB network continually mention Harper and Trout in the same breath. Harper can't carry Trout's jockstrap.

Yeah. And that's a joke. Trout is just about the perfect baseball player. The Angels just need to win and he'll be the star of his generation that he deserves to be.

Inception

American Hustle

Scarface
Add "the Counselor". Great cast. Really bad movie...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.