Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"No more paid vacations," per Khan

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ksonville/

"You're not going to have one of our ex-players saying he's coming back from a paid vacation in Florida anymore."

As much as the Aaron Ross thing has been done to death, it's still refreshing to see Khan call that [BLEEP]...I mean, d-back...out for what he is: a lazy player who took full advantage of a GM and coaching staff that were as disciplinarian as the aunt who sent a big fat check in your new sweater for Christmas every year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The worst thing about the Ross comments were the way he and his family were supported by the community when his wife was in the Olympics.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 03:32 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:The worst thing about the Ross comments were the way he and his family were supported by the community when his wife was in the Olympics.

That and the fact that he's not very talented in the first place.  Having a GM that doesn't overpay mediocre players will help tremendously with people not calling Jacksonville a "Vacation".  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Damn straight!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think that this is the third time today I've commented on this but it just doesn't seem to get old. I'm so stoked Khan said this.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Aaron Ross is a bum. 

Quote:Aaron Ross is a bum. 
I hope that kook is still with the Giants when they play here this year. It will be great to rain down obscenities upon his sorry [BLEEP].

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I am only aware of Aaron Ross saying that crap. Has any other former Jaguar felt the same way?

I wish I was employed by the Jags in 2012-2013. Must have been nice.

Quote:I am only aware of Aaron Ross saying that crap. Has any other former Jaguar felt the same way?
Who?

Threadkiller

Quote:I am only aware of Aaron Ross saying that crap. Has any other former Jaguar felt the same way?
Only Ross has said anything to that effect.

I do recall Hugh Douglas publicly slinging poo at Jacksonville, and while any number of players' careers here have come to a bad end, but Douglas is the only one I can recall who chose to take shots at the city.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 05:52 PM by ji536994.)

I thought Ross (ironically) defened his comments pretty well. He alluded too it being a 'vacation' in the sense that he was in NY all those years, then went to FL for 1 season, and then right back to NY.

"The only reason I said the vacation thing is because it was such a short turnaround for me to (come) back home with the Giants, it felt like (being away on) a vacation. I definitely didn’t mean any harm to Jacksonville city or the fans or disrespect to the organization. I have the utmost respect for that organization." - Ross

The jags don't have anyone to blame but themselves for expecting this guy to be a starter. He was always a backup in NY and all of their fans were glad to see him gone. He was a good athlete with poor football instincts, but he came exactly as advertised. He didn't regress while he was here, he played at the exact level he always had.

Hugh Douglas however, seems like a pretty crappy dude

. [Image: Screen_shot_2012-02-15_at_10.55.31_PM.png]

Quote:Who?
Exactly! :thumbsup:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I forgot he even played here.

Ross = waste of $$

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson