Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Cat Country Draft Review - Blake Bortles

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 01:35 PM by JagFox1.)

Nice read. Talks about strengths and weaknesses:

"Reasonable expectations for Bortles' rookie season seem pretty simple to me. He will likely look better than Henne in training camp and in preseason. By a lot.

Let's be honest, Henne is simply not good in August. Blake is a rookie, but he also is only at one disadvantage to Henne skillset wise, and that is experience within the offense and NFL. I think Bortles will show he is the best quarterback on the roster early, but Caldwell and Bradley will still be hesitant to start him.

Whichever comes first -- Henne's implosion or the Week 9 bye week -- I expect Bortles to win the job and not look back. I think the most realistic thing for Blake is that he will look like the rookie he is, and have his ups and downs. But ultimately, I think his ups will overshadow the downs. I don't think he'll light the NFL on fire as a rookie, but I do think he'll prove to be the formidable option going forward."

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/5/15/5697614/nfl-draft-2014-grades-review-blake-bortles-jagaurs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Nice read. Talks about strengths and weaknesses:

"Reasonable expectations for Bortles' rookie season seem pretty simple to me. He will likely look better than Henne in training camp and in preseason. By a lot.

Let's be honest, Henne is simply not good in August. Blake is a rookie, but he also is only at one disadvantage to Henne skillset wise, and that is experience within the offense and NFL. I think Bortles will show he is the best quarterback on the roster early, but Caldwell and Bradley will still be hesitant to start him.

Whichever comes first -- Henne's implosion or the Week 9 bye week -- I expect Bortles to win the job and not look back. I think the most realistic thing for Blake is that he will look like the rookie he is, and have his ups and downs. But ultimately, I think his ups will overshadow the downs. I don't think he'll light the NFL on fire as a rookie, but I do think he'll prove to be the formidable option going forward."

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/5/15/5697614/nfl-draft-2014-grades-review-blake-bortles-jagaurs

I read that article, and while I appreciate that site very much, they need to invest in an editor. Badly.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I read that article, and while I appreciate that site very much, they need to invest in an editor. Badly.
I doubt that's in their budget, but it's a nice site nonetheless.

Hank does a good job with the draft stuff, don't always agree, but I like the detail he provides.

Quote:I doubt that's in their budget, but it's a nice site nonetheless.

Hank does a good job with the draft stuff, don't always agree, but I like the detail he provides.

I agree, and I love having a non-team affiliated website dedicated to the team. Just sayin' that some of their work needs a bit of spit and polish, ya know?

As for Hank's detail, you can tell that he plays very close attention to what he is looking at. I can appreciate that a lot.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Midle?

The writer obviously never watched the draft because from late Thursday through Saturday I was reading comments about Blake being a backup his entire rookie season scrolling on the bottom of my screen. That was Caldwell's plan the whole time.

Quote:The writer obviously never watched the draft because from late Thursday through Saturday I was reading comments about Blake being a backup his entire rookie season scrolling on the bottom of my screen. That was Caldwell's plan the whole time.

Was the draft on TV?

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2014, 09:37 AM by badger.)

Quote:The writer obviously never watched the draft because from late Thursday through Saturday I was reading comments about Blake being a backup his entire rookie season scrolling on the bottom of my screen. That was Caldwell's plan the whole time.

Do you expect Caldwell to say, "Blake will probably start once we are out of the playoff race."??

Nobody really knows who will start day one.  Plans change.  Bortles could very well prove to be ready day one.  You don't stick with Henne just because.

You're right.  Once it's said, it's etched in stone.  NOTHING could possibly change.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I read that article, and while I appreciate that site very much, they need to invest in an editor. Badly.

Why do they need an editor when they have ALFIE?

Quote:Why do they need an editor when they have ALFIE?

Watch out brah.

He's gonna start posting in this thread on the message board he doesn't care about!!!!!

"hi haters" lol

And she's back...