Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reading the Blackmon tea leaves

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 11:04 PM by knarnn.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400642/hays-carlyon/2014-05-09/jaguars-gm-dave-caldwell-and-coach-gus-bradley-strongly#.U3QnBMnD_qA'>http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400642/hays-carlyon/2014-05-09/jaguars-gm-dave-caldwell-and-coach-gus-bradley-strongly#.U3QnBMnD_qA</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=jacksonville-jaguars&id=5769&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2F2014%2F05%2F13%2Fjaguars-owner-calls-justin-blackmon-situation-absolute-tragedy%2F%22%7D'>http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=jacksonville-jaguars&id=5769&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2F2014%2F05%2F13%2Fjaguars-owner-calls-justin-blackmon-situation-absolute-tragedy%2F%22%7D</a>

Quotes taken directly from Caldwell, Bradley, and Khan:

Quote:When asked about Blackmon's future, Caldwell responded:

"I think we've covered that," Caldwell said. "We've moved on for this year."

When asked if he would cut Blackmon, Caldwell said:

"We can't [cut him]. If that even happens."

Quote:Bradley also stated his disappointment in the situation.

"I feel at times there's probably a little emptiness," Bradley said. "There are some unknowns there and you don't know how it's working. You don't want to shut it off. I was hoping it would be better than where it is going. We haven't heard much and it doesn't sound like it's going in the right direction. Like Dave said, we can't count on him."

Quote:"I think it's an absolute tragedy," Khan said. "... I think he’s such a talented guy. The best years [are] ahead of him but after a while it’s out of your control."

Khan said that while the contact between Blackmon and the team is restricted by NFL rules, he hopes Blackmon takes advantage of the help available.

"The league, the players association, there’s a huge amount of resources," Khan said. "Please take advantage of it. If you’re a player it’s like all of this stuff is being offered to you. Take advantage of it. I think NFL players are so lucky from the viewpoint all these resources that are available to them."

Gus seemed a bit more forthcoming than Dave. From reading his words it seems that they have lost complete faith in Blackmon stating that they can't count on him. These words coming from your head coach isn't a good thing. In his second quote he also stated that "it doesn't sound like it's going in the right direction.", again not a good sign coming from your head coach in regards to Blackmon overcoming his issues.

Khan's comments were interesting to me as well. Its almost like he's urging Blackmon to get some type of help, like he hasn't entered a rehabilitation program yet. Could this be why Blackmon hasn't applied for reinstatement yet?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 10:56 PM by badger.)

Still it's nothing clear cut.  They are only making vague statements that could be interpreted more than one way.

Could be interpreted as he dosent like how the league is looking at punishing him.. Sounds like he will be a Jag next year but he won't play this year.

You can't convince me that the Jaguars are done with Blackmon.

They'll wait him out and we'll see him later this year.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

So we are keeping him...he just not in next years plans and he hasn't exactly started the process yet.

The most telling thing I've pulled from these quotes is that it's literally the only time I've heard Bradley sound even slightly negative/dejected.

That kinda tells me all I need to know.

Quote:Still it's nothing clear cut.  They are only making vague statements that could be interpreted more than one way.

Actually something is clear-cut: the Jaguars moved on from Justin Blackmon. How do we know? Undrafted quarterback Stephen Morris got his locker. I doubt they would give anybody that locker if they expected Blackmon to return to the NFL as a Jaguar and take it to mean he will be cut when he is reinstated. Why else would they pick two wide receivers in the second round who can be playmakers? Shad Khan would not use the word tragedy if he had any hope in Blackmon returning to Jacksonville.

It's a shame but I'm still holding on to hope that Blackmon will get it all together again and come back to the Jags in 2015.

Quote:Actually something is clear-cut: the Jaguars moved on from Justin Blackmon. How do we know? Undrafted quarterback Stephen Morris got his locker. I doubt they would give anybody that locker if they expected Blackmon to return to the NFL as a Jaguar and take it to mean he will be cut when he is reinstated. Why else would they pick two wide receivers in the second round who can be playmakers? Shad Khan would not use the word tragedy if he had any hope in Blackmon returning to Jacksonville.

Actually, I think that makes it less clear cut that he is gone. If they were serious about it his locker would have been given to Bortles, Lee, or Robinson; someone they know is going to make the team. Giving it to an undrafted FA that likely won't be with the team in September doesn't make me think that he is gone. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but either way it would be more convincing had it been given to a player that we know is definitely staying on the team.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 07:23 AM by Chuckd.)

Jaguars twitter page reported false that they gave Blackmon's locker to anybody. Course, Jaguarswoman knows everything so I'm sure the organization is wrong and she's correct.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Jaguars Twitter page reported false that they gave Blackmon's locker to anybody. Course, JaguarsWoman knows everything so I'm sure the organization is wrong and she's correct.

First NFL.com reported they gave it to Blake Bortles. Later the same website corrected the error by saying they gave it to Stephen Morris. Why would they now say Morris got it if no one did?

Quote:Actually, I think that makes it less clear cut that he is gone. If they were serious about it his locker would have been given to Bortles, Lee, or Robinson; someone they know is going to make the team. Giving it to an undrafted FA that likely won't be with the team in September doesn't make me think that he is gone. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but either way it would be more convincing had it been given to a player that we know is definitely staying on the team.
This.

Another message sent that we are movig along, now you need to get moving along by "Getting Better Everyday"

He won't be gone till it is posted on the website.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:First NFL.com reported they gave it to Blake Bortles. Later the same website corrected the error by saying they gave it to Stephen Morris. Why would they now say Morris got it if no one did?
They only have so many lockers. They will have 90 players in camp. It is already known that Blackmon is suspended and won't be one of those 90. 'Giving his locker away' means pretty much nothing at this point.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

When you're done reading those tea leaves, I know someone who would like to smoke them.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Also.. I don't think Stephen Morris is sticking around much longer than Goldilocks anyways.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:The most telling thing I've pulled from these quotes is that it's literally the only time I've heard Bradley sound even slightly negative/dejected.

That kinda tells me all I need to know.

Very good point.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think it's a heapin' helpin' of tough love.  It's the last resort they're using to try to get him back on track.  If that doesn't work, he's gone.  It's as simple as that.  You don't draft two wideouts in the 2nd round if you plan on keeping your troubled 1st round pick WR from two years ago.

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Actually something is clear-cut: the Jaguars moved on from Justin Blackmon. How do we know? Undrafted quarterback Stephen Morris got his locker. I doubt they would give anybody that locker if they expected Blackmon to return to the NFL as a Jaguar and take it to mean he will be cut when he is reinstated. Why else would they pick two wide receivers in the second round who can be playmakers? Shad Khan would not use the word tragedy if he had any hope in Blackmon returning to Jacksonville.

There are only 90 lockers in the locker room.  Guess how many players there are on the roster as of today?  It's a name plate.  It's not something etched in stone.  You get that, right?  Giving his locker to another player when he's not active with the team isn't an indication of anything. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

My read of the leaves says J. Blackmon doesn't meet the new 'ethic' of the top level decision-makers.  

He's played his last down as a Jaguar methinks.

If Blackmon returns, I am certain they will find a locker for him.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]