Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Best kind of a baseball bat for a teenager?

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 02:32 PM by StevenHughes.)

I'm needing to get a late graduation present for one of my friends son. He is really into baseball so I figured I would buy him a bat. The problem is is that I basically do not know much about the sport or its equipment.

I've been looking on sites like http://www.fatswing.com/Baseball-Bats_c_21.html and http://slugger.com/bats/ but have yet to find a bat I think he will be best with. He is a right hander and 17 if that makes a difference.

Does anyone have recommendations of sites to use to buy baseball bats online? What is the best brand for a youth? Louisville Slugger? Easton?

Thanks!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What?

Is this concerning a he or she?

Is this concerning a bat or glove?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I think this is concerning an advertisement.

If you're for real, try baseballsavings.com.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Sorry, its a he. I accidentally typed she and put glove in title, it wont let me edit the title anymore.

baseballsavings.com looks nice and has a ton of selections. jag86fan, have you used and ordered from that website before? How is their shipping? I would need this bat to arrive within 5-6 days.

Thanks

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 03:21 PM by rollerjag.)

Title has been edited.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 06:40 PM by jag86fan.)

Quote:Sorry, its a he. I accidentally typed she and put glove in title, it wont let me edit the title anymore.

baseballsavings.com looks nice and has a ton of selections. jag86fan, have you used and ordered from that website before? How is their shipping? I would need this bat to arrive within 5-6 days.

Thanks
I've used them before, on occasion for sale items.

Shipping time will depend on the cost. 5-7 business days is cheaper than faster delivery.

You might want to ask the kid's dad what kind of bat he wants. Some bats they swing in High School may not be legal in College, and vice versa.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
;

Most college and high school have the same regulations. You want to have a drop 3 (meaning that the difference in weight and length is 3 oz) also depending on what conference he is planning to play in the may have separate rules regarding the structure and construction of the bat. Best to check on that as well.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

I'd steer clear of buying a bat for a kid unless you have the budget to afford one that they'll actually use. 

A few years back I was involved in an athletic association.  I was coaching a senior team that was comprised of mostly high school kids.  They brought their own bats, and to a kid, they were using the trendy bats at the time, and they were well over $100.  A friend of ours has a son who plays HS ball at the same school my daughter attends.  His bat of choice cost almost $400. 

I had parents ask me if it would be a good idea to buy their kid a premium bat years ago.  It cost over $200.  It was a tee ball bat. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'd steer clear of buying a bat for a kid unless you have the budget to afford one that they'll actually use. 

A few years back I was involved in an athletic association.  I was coaching a senior team that was comprised of mostly high school kids.  They brought their own bats, and to a kid, they were using the trendy bats at the time, and they were well over $100.  A friend of ours has a son who plays HS ball at the same school my daughter attends.  His bat of choice cost almost $400. 

I had parents ask me if it would be a good idea to buy their kid a premium bat years ago.  It cost over $200.  It was a tee ball bat. 
This...

I cannot believe the heights parents will go to to help "Junior" manufacture power.

I long for the days when I used to carry my glove on the end of my (hand me down, duct taped, wooden) bat to an empty lot so I could go out and play baseball with my friends...

;
Charles Schultz
;

;
;

Quote:This...

I cannot believe the heights parents will go to to help "Junior" manufacture power.

I long for the days when I used to carry my glove on the end of my (hand me down, duct taped, wooden) bat to an empty lot so I could go out and play baseball with my friends...
Bingo. 

I remember scraping together enough money to go up to Pic N Save across from the ball field where we'd play pickup games to buy a ball or a new bat because the tape just wasn't holding it together any more.  It was literally like living the movie Sandlot. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I've found throughout my years as a father that the best bat for a teenager is more about technique than type. A swing that promotes compliance, but doesn't induce severe injury, is ideal.

Quote:I've found throughout my years as a father that the best bat for a teenager is more about technique than type. A swing that promotes compliance, but doesn't induce severe injury, is ideal.
You don't even need a bat for that!

Quote:I've found throughout my years as a father that the best bat for a teenager is more about technique than type. A swing that promotes compliance, but doesn't induce severe injury, is ideal.
Sweet, another golden homebiscuit post for me to mash the Like button on

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I've only played baseball maybe 4 days in my life.

I'm beyond terrible at it.

Still think OP was pushing websites...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2014, 08:45 AM by HeadSlap.)

I have to agree with homebiscuit and raising three daughters, this brought compliance from male interlopers. 

[Image: SilverThorHammer__09083.1356129544.1280.1280.jpg?c=2]

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:Still think OP was pushing websites...

Yup.