Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles interview before the draft

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 02:18 PM by BritishJag.)

http://youtu.be/Saa-mDsgjSM?t=2m25s

Should start around the 2:25 mark.

Edit: Turns out it's Lee interviewing Bortles!

Some more interesting info about Lee...

Quote: 

Per NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, the Jets tried "furiously" totrade up with the Buccaneers at No. 38 for Marquise Lee before the Jaguars grabbed the USC star one pick later.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not a big deal to me. He seems like a humble kid.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 02:17 PM by BritishJag.)

Quote:Not a big deal to me. He seems like a humble kid.
Not sure you understand the point of the video.

He says "I'm more concerned with where Marqise Lee goes"

Blake obviously wanted Lee on his side before the draft! Now he's got him  :turned:

Quote:Not sure you understand the point of the video.

He says "I'm more concerned with where Marqise Lee goes"

Blake obviously wanted Lee on his side before the draft! Now he's got him :turned:

Some more interesting info about Lee...
ahh that's what I get for not actually watching the clip haha

You guys are missing the obvious it seems.  It was Marquise Lee holding the camera and asking him the question about "how does it feel to possibly be the first QB taken in the draft?"  He laughed and then said he's more interested in where Marquise lands.   Funny and ironic that they both ended up on the same team, with us.

Quote:You guys are missing the obvious it seems.  It was Marquise Lee holding the camera and asking him the question about "how does it feel to possibly be the first QB taken in the draft?"  He laughed and then said he's more interested in where Marquise lands.   Funny and ironic that they both ended up on the same team, with us.
Oops, didn't realise it was Lee with the camera. That's brilliant!

It looks like Marquise is a bit of a jokester and that they have developed a friendship as a result of the draft academy series that they were on prior to the draft.

Was Lee the cameraman? I think so. Means nothing. They just complementing eachother

Makes me wonder if Blake had some input on which receivers were drafted.

Quote:Makes me wonder if Blake had some input on which receivers were drafted.

Lee was projected higher than where we got him.  I find the above HIGHLY unlikely.  The work was done, the board was set.  If Caldwell asked him the question and acted on the answer, he would have been fired if Khan was in earshot or should have been.

Ehh probably not as they would have already scouted these guys well before hand. They probably asked him to look at other WR prospects and give input and likely told him who they were targeting and if he had any info on them as a former college player but i HIGHLY doubt he had any real input or pull over the pick.

Now next year when he has a year under his belt and the coaches have more of an idea of who he is i assure you he will have input in helping to select his future targets (Wr,TE,RB) as im assuming most QBs do. Just not rookies.

Quote:Ehh probably not as they would have already scouted these guys well before hand. They probably asked him to look at other WR prospects and give input and likely told him who they were targeting and if he had any info on them as a former college player but i HIGHLY doubt he had any real input or pull over the pick.

Now next year when he has a year under his belt and the coaches have more of an idea of who he is i assure you he will have input in helping to select his future targets (Wr,TE,RB) as im assuming most QBs do. Just not rookies.
I would agree with that. I know certain players I.e Manning, Brees,Brady have there inputs taken into account. That I'm sure of...

Its awesome that they seem to be getting along great, hope this also helps on the field lol

Caldwell did in fact talk to Blake about selecting Lee and Storm.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Caldwell did in fact talk to Blake about selecting Lee and Storm.

Of course he did but in Lee's case i highly doubt Bortles could have convinced Caldwell to take him if Caldwell didnt want him. It was more likely just saying who they were targeting and why they think it will be a good fit.

Now with Storm Johnson and us still wanting to find a RB i could believe Bortles had a decent part in that. Last round , not alot of risk in the pick , still wanted a RB  and one is available who played with your new QB. I could see Storm getting the nod over some other RB who is now a UDFA based on Bortles vouching for him.

Quote:Of course he did but in Lee's case i highly doubt Bortles could have convinced Caldwell to take him if Caldwell didnt want him. It was more likely just saying who they were targeting and why they think it will be a good fit.

Now with Storm Johnson and us still wanting to find a RB i could believe Bortles had a decent part in that. Last round , not alot of risk in the pick , still wanted a RB  and one is available who played with your new QB. I could see Storm getting the nod over some other RB who is now a UDFA based on Bortles vouching for him.

Of course. Caldwell obviously felt pretty good about both guys and probably wanted some input from Blake as he knows both guys pretty well.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Caldwell did in fact talk to Blake about selecting Lee and Storm.

link?

I think Dave or Gus mentioned during the interviews that Bortles talked to them about Lee.

How do you guys know Marqise Lee was holding the camera?

Quote:How do you guys know Marqise Lee was holding the camera?

Process of elimination. Every person on the planet had an alibi except for Marqise.