Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus landing spot

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017, 01:26 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/815910635137626112'>4h</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/815910635137626112'>4 hours ago
</a>

Ryan O'Halloran Retweeted Jason La Canfora

Be interesting what <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a><a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png]</a> defensive staff members (Wash/Saleh) Gus can bring with him to whatever landing spot.

Ryan O'Halloran added,

Jason La Canfora <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);">@JasonLaCanfora

The Bills, after finalizing Anthony Lynn as their head coach, will make a push for Gus Bradley as their defensive coordinator</span>
<span style="font-size:8px;">

<span style="font-size:8px;">More

</span></span>

Wash may be able to latch on elsewhere as a Defensive coordinator after having a solid season calling the shots this year. Not sure he would want to go back coaching the D line.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wash may be able to latch on elsewhere as a Defensive coordinator after having a solid season calling the shots this year. Not sure he would want to go back coaching the D line.

Take all of them to Buffalo. do us a favor. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:If they keep Stephon gilmore that defense is gonna be really good.

Jerry Hughes, Marcell dareus, Kyle Williams, and Shaq Lawson is a nasty line

Yeah but a few of them are too important on Special Teams for Gus to put on the DL rotation.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

That Buffalo D won't stop anybody but all that matters is they get better and demonstrate their spirit!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:That Buffalo D won't stop anybody but all that matters is they get better and demonstrate their spirit!

as long as they believe in victory

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:If they keep Stephon gilmore that defense is gonna be really good.

Jerry Hughes, Marcell dareus, Kyle Williams, and Shaq Lawson is a nasty line

We should move to sign him if possible.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yahoo reporting he'll land with Lynn in Buffalo.

Baskin-Robbins announces 8 new locations to open around the stadium this summer.

Held Tom Brady to 51 points last season as HC of the Jags.

Quote:Yeah but a few of them are too important on Special Teams for Gus to put on the DL rotation.

Quote:as long as they believe in victory

Quote:Held Tom Brady to 51 points last season as HC of the Jags.
Reading these is just so damn frustrating. We had a terrible team/hc combo. Wow. 

Quote:We should move to sign him if possible.
Nah hes a good 26(?) year old cb without a significant injury history. Hes gonna get paid a ton of money.

I bet hes a NFL DC again within 3 years. Not all good great coordinator make good coaches. Not everyone can coach guys at every position while coaching up every coach. Imagine coaching/teaching over 100 people while also being the guy who has to respond to every moment on and off the field. Now he can go back to coaching/teaching 30 people and concentrate solely on defense.

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

I have little doubt he'll go on to great success, all our fired coaches do.

Walmart

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I bet hes a NFL DC again within 3 years. Not all good great coordinator make good coaches. Not everyone can coach guys at every position while coaching up every coach. Imagine coaching/teaching over 100 people while also being the guy who has to respond to every moment on and off the field. Now he can go back to coaching/teaching 30 people and concentrate solely on defense.

Head coaches don't coach - except a few who like to call plays. (Then they fire the OC when things go bad.)

The head coach is the CEO. He hires the people who coach. Which is why it's silly to get hung up on this hiring a "defensive" guy or "offensive" guy.

I just read a quote from an NFL executive - "The NFL is a QB and players league, not a scheme league. College is a scheme league, and having better players." I think the Patriots prove that. They have players that adapt to different schemes practically every week.

Give me a guy who can run an organization, who can select good assistants, and can motivate players. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Head coaches don't coach - except a few who like to call plays. (Then they fire the OC when things go bad.)

The head coach is the CEO. He hires the people who coach. Which is why it's silly to get hung up on this hiring a "defensive" guy or "offensive" guy.

I just read a quote from an NFL executive - "The NFL is a QB and players league, not a scheme league. College is a scheme league, and having better players." I think the Patriots prove that. They have players that adapt to different schemes practically every week.

Give me a guy who can run an organization, who can select good assistants, and can motivate players. 

Careful there. You're easing your way towards enlightenment. 

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Head coaches don't coach - except a few who like to call plays. (Then they fire the OC when things go bad.)

Holy cow I agree with Adam!

You said it well. The offensive/defensive mind stuff is laughable. Though it might help him recognize assistants on a certain side of the ball it is down the list as far as importance goes.

Like you give me a guy that can pick good coordinators and assistants, motivate the players when necessary and lead the organization.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 03:04 PM by D6.)

Joe Barry was let go as Redskins Defensive Coordinator today.    Because of Jay Gruden's past connections with Gus Bradley,  may Bradley will be on the Redskins radar screen for the DC opening in suburban DC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...nt-return/

Quote:Joe Barry was let go as Redskins Defensive Coordinator today.    Because of Jay Gruden's past connections with Gus Bradley,  may Bradley will be on the Redskins radar screen for the DC opening in suburban DC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...nt-return/

Hmmmm.

Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Quote:Hmmmm.

It now looks like Gus Bradley being hired by the Redskins is a very realistic possibility.    It could realistically come down to Wade Phillips vs. Gus Bradley,  if the Broncos new HC decides to move on from Phillips.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...9069472769

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo'>Mike Garafolo<span>Verified account </span>‏@<b>MikeGarafolo</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/817381139069472769' title="6:43 AM - 6 Jan 2017">1h1 hour ago</a>
</div>

<p class="">Early buzz: Gus Bradley is atop Redskins' list of defensive coordinator candidates. GM Scot McCloughan knows him well from their time in SEA

Wherever Gus ends up I'll be pulling for him. 

It didn't work out here but he seems to be a good guy who deserves another shot as a DC.

I imagine his wife and kids are praying he goes to DC rather than Buffalo, after living in Florida the past four years.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Wherever Gus ends up I'll be pulling for him.

It didn't work out here but he seems to be a good guy who deserves another shot as a DC.

I imagine his wife and kids are praying he goes to DC rather than Buffalo, after living in Florida the past four years.

Seeing as you'll miss him so much, is there any chance you could follow Gus to wherever he ends up?
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan