Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Stephen Morris reported to be joining the Jaguars with others

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...-undrafted

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Someone needed the majority of the snaps for games 1,2 and 4 of the pre-season..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

henne's successor for 2016+ because Blake will start 2015 and we don't want to pay Henne's salary

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Morris showed signs of brilliance at Miami, but he struggled. His career was similar to Logan Thomas', lots of missteps but the potential is there. Wouldn't mind having him being a 3rd-string, and eventual backup. Marcel Jensen at tight end is a nice pick up as well, but we'll see if he can make it through the off-season to back up Marcedes and Clay Harbor.

Fans of bad teams die hard.

http://developmentaljaguars.blogspot.com/

Morris is a camp arm, no more.

As I stated all off season. The Jaguars were going to draft their first Miami Hurricane in the2014 draft. I just though it would be Stephen Morris. I admit I was wrong. Turns out they drafted a lineman from Miami, but they loved my idea so much... they are going to sign Morris anyway. Bortles... Say goodbye to your job before you play your first game. Morris will be the starter here in Jacksonville.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I guess this is the Jedd Fisch connection. 

I also guess this is just a camp arm.  

Might replace Matt Scott

Camp arm.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I like how the UDFA QB is always the guy that gets the most threads.

Quote:I like how the UDFA QB is always the guy that gets the most threads.

They need to get as much attention as possible while they can. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

<---------------- Not a Morris fan, but think the add isn't much more than Matt Scott competition. 

I'm pretty sure Morris won't be building a huge fan base during his Jacksonville visit.  Fodder is his name, and free agency is his destiny.

Quote:As I stated all off season. The Jaguars were going to draft their first Miami Hurricane in the2014 draft. I just though it would be Stephen Morris. I admit I was wrong. Turns out they drafted a lineman from Miami, but they loved my idea so much... they are going to sign Morris anyway. Bortles... Say goodbye to your job before you play your first game. Morris will be the starter here in Jacksonville.
are you high?

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Any chance/reason they convert him to WR?

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 10:51 AM by jag86fan.)

Any relationship between Fisch's departure for the NFL and Morris's decline at UM?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Any relationship between Fisch's departure for the NFL and Morris's decline at UM?

Losing a coordinator can certainly cause problems.

Considering the fact that Fisch ran his pro day, it seems like a real easy decisions for him to come to Jacksonville.  Still, despite the connection to the coordinator, in the end, it's  a business.  If he makes this team, best case scenario is he's occupying a spot on the practice squad.

Morris has a gun. He can toss it 70 on the run. With the Jaguars inability to climb over their own 30 yard line, that might be their only chance at scoring.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Morris has a gun. He can toss it 70 on the run. With the Jaguars inability to climb over their own 30 yard line, that might be their only chance at scoring.

He'll have a tough time demonstrating the gun from the practice squad.  He won't make the active roster.

Quote:Morris has a gun. He can toss it 70 on the run. With the Jaguars inability to climb over their own 30 yard line, that might be their only chance at scoring.

derp