Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mel Kiper

We had best draft in AFC according to him and his hair.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We had best draft in AFC according to him and his hair.

Did his hair agree, or are you just assuming that it did? You know that hair has to have an opinion of it's own!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Mel is da man! (now) :thumbsup:

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

who the hell is Mel kiper

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

When he canned previous Jag drafts he was an over rated blow hard. Now he's the guru.

Funny .

But it is nice to hear good things from many more..... Finally.
Blakes Life Matters

He's raving about our draft on MIke and Mike so national media eat it and choke on it while you're at it. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

The Jags have gotten a ton of props for the overall draft in the national media.

Remember the laughingstock thread on Thursday night? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

For those interested, Kiper and McShay spent quite a bit of time praising the Jags on their First Draft podcast yesterday.

Kiper went as far as to call the Jags a playoff team.

Quote:For those interested, Kiper and McShay spent quite a bit of time praising the Jags on their First Draft podcast yesterday.

That might have to do with how dysfunctional this division should be this year. I mean Houston has some talent on defense but they've pretty much secured a top 5 pick next year by ignoring the QB position.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:For those interested, Kiper and McShay spent quite a bit of time praising the Jags on their First Draft podcast yesterday.

That seems to be a pretty common theme around the media and web.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM by Swaguars.)

Best case scenario:

Clowney hits luck so hard he's out for the season, clowney tears his acl on the play and falls into JJ Watt and he tears his ACL and then the tacks continue being the tacks then we win the division

boom

Quote:That might have to do with how dysfunctional this division should be this year. I mean Houston has some talent on defense but they've pretty much secured a top 5 pick next year by ignoring the QB position.
I wouldn't go that far about Houston, O'B has his faults as a coach but he can probably work miracles with about any QB you give him. Anyone that saw Walk-on Matt McGloin Play before and after O'B got to PSU should be a believer. (Went from 1571 yards 8TD - 5ints to 3271 yards, 24TD - 5 int) I foresee Houston's offense improve, and defense get worse... clowney or not simply because that was the trend at Penn State lol. But there is always the possibility that he is overconfident about the QB situation because of his previous success that it blows up in his face... I am hoping thats the case obviously. :whistling:

Let's hope O'Brien has bitten off more than he can handle. That would be par for the course in Houston where the franchise almost seems snake bitten. It's the curse of Boselli.

Quote:I wouldn't go that far about Houston, O'B has his faults as a coach but he can probably work miracles with about any QB you give him. Anyone that saw Walk-on Matt McGloin Play before and after O'B got to PSU should be a believer. (Went from 1571 yards 8TD - 5ints to 3271 yards, 24TD - 5 int) I foresee Houston's offense improve, and defense get worse... clowney or not simply because that was the trend at Penn State lol. But there is always the possibility that he is overconfident about the QB situation because of his previous success that it blows up in his face... I am hoping thats the case obviously. :whistling:

not to say it will be the case, but how many college coaches come to the NFL, expecting their style to work and finds out it's not as easy? (ex: SPURRIER???) 

Quote:not to say it will be the case, but how many college coaches come to the NFL, expecting their style to work and finds out it's not as easy? (ex: SPURRIER???) 
Thats what I thought when he was an NFL coach coming to penn state, I thought it was going to be a disaster. But in this case O'Brien was an NFL coordinator at NE before and only spent 2 years in the college game before returning to said NFL so his system at least works for the Patriots. He was always an NFL kinda guy, only took the job to prove he could be a head coach. That said I fully expect OB to have some major melt downs with the media. OB doesn't like when his judgments are questioned and if our local media in State College could get on his nerves it will be amusing to see how he handles Houston's wrath at the first bump in the road.

Go Jags!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Go Jags!

That's always an appropriate response.
Huh

Quote:Best case scenario:

Clowney hits luck so hard he's out for the season, clowney tears his acl on the play and falls into JJ Watt and he tears his ACL and then the tacks continue being the tacks then we win the division

boom

Wow, really?

I would say - best case scenario: Jags are improved to the point where they dominate healthy division rivals consistently.

But yours is another way to look at it I suppose...

Quote:Wow, really?

I would say - best case scenario: Jags are improved to the point where they dominate healthy division rivals consistently.

But yours is another way to look at it I suppose...

Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:We had best draft in AFC according to him and his hair.

I saw the hair in person. Breathtaking.