Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fulham Relegation - Do you expect continual failure for the Jags?

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2014, 09:17 PM by TheRockFFC.)

Just curious as a Fulham Football Club supporter - who is the other professional team owned by Khan, if you know or have an opinion of Fulham being relegated to the second tier of the English Football league due to poor funding and mis-management since Kahn purchased our club. Relegation is the equivalent of the Cubs going down to AAA or (and this is a worse example) the Jaguars being demoted to the CFL (Canadian Football League) due to poor funding and mis-managment.

Do you like Kahn? Are you satisfied with also finishing close to last year after year? Unlike the US, there are no draft rules, and he has the capability to purchase the players to keep them from being the worst team, but has failed, and perhaps on purpose due to him viewing us as an investment. Many are unhappy with him and he is a rather unpopular owner, while he seems to be liked by you all.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or guidance on what to expect and welcome any opinions you might have about him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First of all he's called Khan, surely you should know your owners name?

Secondly, Al Fayed knew Fulham was a sinking ship, he's not stupid.

Thirdly, no I'm not worried. Khan has been the best thing that has happened to this team in a long time.

Wow.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Soccer?

In MY NFL threads?

:mellow: :mellow:

:no:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yes, Khan typo. We are hopeful as he has the cash, but not sure he understands the ins and outs of English football and the way to get those with the right knowledge and experience to make things happen and find the proper mix for success. I hear Jags fans typically have positive things to say. Could use some of that right about now.

I come in peace and don't mean to start a non-Jags thread. There are just a lot of us soul searching at the moment and it's difficult for us. Just imagine the Jaguars being demoted from the Canadian CFL or from the NFL to a secondary league under his ownership. Thankfully you don't have to go through it, but this is the reality for the other team he owns.

In the NFL, when you suck you get a high draft pick, you don't get relegated.  So it's completely different.  I watched almost all of the Fulham games this season and I feel a bit of the frustration.  But on my end, the frustration is that Fulham won't be televised  anymore and I wont be able to watch them next year.   So it's hard to imagine what Fulham is going through.  

Khan wants Fulham to win a title in the Premier League.  I'm positive of this.  He wants to be the best.  That's just who he is.  Can he do it?   Nobody knows.  But he sure has been successful at other things.    

And I have a question for you?  Do you think the results would have been different with the previous owner? 

Quote:First of all he's called Khan, surely you should know your owners name?

Secondly, Al Fayed knew Fulham was a sinking ship, he's not stupid.

Thirdly, no I'm not worried. Khan has been the best thing that has happened to this team in a long time.
Fulham was a sinking ship because Al Fayed had been looking to sell the team for a while and refused to invest in the team or the organization. Unfortunately, in soccer, if the owner isn't willing to spend the cash it's just a matter of time until the results start to drop, that's why Fulham ended up being relegated. If Khan is serious about wanting to own an EPL team I think he'll do the same as he did with the Jaguars and rebuild the organization and invest the money needed to bring Fulham back to the top level.

Quote:Yes, Khan typo. We are hopeful as he has the cash, but not sure he understands the ins and outs of English football and the way to get those with the right knowledge and experience to make things happen and find the proper mix for success. I hear Jags fans typically have positive things to say. Could use some of that right about now.

I come in peace and don't mean to start a non-Jags thread. There are just a lot of us soul searching at the moment and it's difficult for us. Just imagine the Jaguars being demoted from the Canadian CFL or from the NFL to a secondary league under his ownership. Thankfully you don't have to go through it, but this is the reality for the other team he owns.

to be fair, the past couple of years this seemed like a CFL team, I think we just got called up to the NFL with Khan 

Quote:In the NFL, when you suck you get a high draft pick, you don't get relegated.  So it's completely different.  I watched almost all of the Fulham games this season and I feel a bit of the frustration.  But on my end, the frustration is that Fulham won't be televised  anymore and I wont be able to watch them next year.   So it's hard to imagine what Fulham is going through.  

Khan wants Fulham to win a title in the Premier League.  I'm positive of this.  He wants to be the best.  That's just who he is.  Can he do it?   Nobody knows.  But he sure has been successful at other things.    

And I have a question for you?  Do you think the results would have been different with the previous owner? 

As Dragon Fury mentions, Al Fayed was selling the team. If that weren't the case he would have invested much more (and had done so over the previous 13 years).

What is frustrating is that the issues were there for all to see, and we could have stayed up with a few key players, and Khan did not invest in those players. And fair play to him - he just may not have understood what it took. He also approved managerial change 3 times which unsettles a club. I just hope that he or the Fulham board get it right going forward, or he'll have a big loss on his hands. I am surprised he has done so well with you, and so poorly with us.

I would be confident in saying Khan will do what it takes to build excitement and passion back into it for the FFC. On top of that, he will put people in places of responsibility that will give them the best chance of on field (pitch) success. He has done that here, no question. The passion and things he's done in his time as Jags owner have been really amazing.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Has he owned the team long enough for any of this to be his fault?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

It's the curse of Michael Jackson.

I don't think you can blame him for relegation. He inherited a poor team.

You could maybe question the decision to use three different coaches this season and perhaps more money could have been spent in the summer to replace ageing players like Hangeland.

But I'd rather have an owner like him than Vincent Tan or the idiot at Hull.

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...relegation

this is probably on interest to a lot of you.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

I don't think you can really put relegation in Khan's lap.  He didn't have enough time to turn things around there.

Rome wasn't built in a day.  Hopefully they can dig out of the hole they are in.

All great points raised in the article:

Quote:Khan is encouraged about Fulham’s future because of its under-21 team (which finished fifth in its league this year), finances (no debt), sponsorship support (100 percent renewals) and ticket revenue (Khan said prices were among the highest in the Premier League).

Alot of these Premier League teams carry over huge amounts of debt.