Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags in Pro Bowl

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM by Section105Fan.)

Nada. Didn't expect any , but it makes you wonder how a team like the Titans can put 5 in and our team, supposedly " loaded with talent " , puts in none. Raiders, supposedly on the same rebuilding slope as the Jags, placed 7. Even the Browns had 1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Because we're 2-12 and they are 8-6. It's not that hard.

Telvin is the only guy who has an argument, and 4-3 OLBs don't make the pro bowl. 

Because the pro bowl isn't about talent it's about who had the coolest dance or did something to get talked about by the media.

I'm not saying the jags should have had someone in but when a guy like Melvin Gordon doesn't make it then it's stops being about talent.

Edit: Scratch what I said about Gordon I didn't relize how well McCoy was playing.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 08:50 AM by Section105Fan.)

Quote:Because we're 2-12 and they are 8-6. It's not that hard.

Even our " top 5 " defense didn't get 1.I said I didn't expect any, you missed the point. Apparently our talent isn't as good as we've been led to believe.

Yeah, when you are 2-12, even if you have a Pro Bowl caliber player, you are going to be overlooked.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 08:51 AM by Section105Fan.)

Deleted

Quote:Because we're 2-12 and they are 8-6. It's not that hard.

Exactly this. Not to mention a small market. If the Cowboys were 2-12, they would still get more exposure to have a pro bowler than we would.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Pro Bowl is a joke.  They should discontinue the game.  It's a notch below flag football.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

These Jaguars players listed below should have made the pro bowl:

Quote:Even our " top 5 " defense didn't get 1.I said I didn't expect any, you missed the point. Apparently our talent isn't as good as we've been led to believe.

Bull [BLEEP].   It's because we're 2-12 and it's a popularity contest based on a fan vote. 

Any word on alternates?

2-12 and our uni's suck
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

You'll see Ramsey next year.

The Nort man was deserving.

My issue is: Fan voting should carry no weight in an accolade that is considered when discussing a players legacy.

Quote:My issue is: Fan voting should carry no weight in an accolade that is considered when discussing a players legacy.

Totally agree. I think it's why all pro awards have been taken more seriously.

The top 100 for instance while some what skewed is still a better ranking system then the pro bowl.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:The Nort man was deserving.

I agree.  Too bad people look at stats and the bad coverage killed the guy.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Well, the good news is, Pro Bowlers get an all expense paid trip to sunny ORLANDO. Much better than Hawaii.

Jalen Ramsey got snubbed

:yes: