Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnathan Cyprien

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2014, 03:22 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:I get you want high performers with high picks.  Every Jaguars fan gets that.

But to say Cyprien is a wasted pick if he performs at Darius' level is silly, especially considering he was picked in the second round, not the first like Darius.

Furthermore, Darius played good football for the Jaguars during his stint here.  Was a he a perennial All Pro like Brian Dawkins?  No.  But he was a quality starter and enforcer in the secondary.  He had a career that many first round picks wish they had.

Don't let prior regimes first round failures warp your perspective.

If any of the prior first round picks performed with the level of play, consistency and longevity as Darius, they wouldn't be deemed failures, and you know it. 

The bolded is the part that I don't understand. Why should Cyprien, who was drafted with the 33rd overall pick, be held to the same standard that four Top 15 overall picks were?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How about this. Read the article in the OP and tell us what you disagree with.

waiting...

;

;

Quote:The bolded is the part that I don't understand. Why should Cyprien, who was drafted with the 30th overall pick, be held to the same standard that four Top 15 overall picks were?
Because we must protect this house!  Rabble rabble!  Harrumph!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I posted a thread the morning of the second round last year about Cyprien as a potential pick at 33. I compared Cyprien to Dawkins.

TMD compared him to Sabby Piscatelli.

It was clear he really has no idea who Cyprien was.

LOL, comparing him to Dawkins was just as bad.....you just are too clueless/ falseproud to see it. 

Quote:waiting...

I read the article, and I came away with a positive feeling about Cyprien.  After reading through some of the bilge in this thread, we should really consider just cutting him despite the significant improvement he made during the 2nd half of the season.  He's got bust written all over him apparently.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2014, 03:26 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The bolded is the part that I don't understand. Why should Cyprien, who was drafted with the 33rd overall pick, be held to the same standard that four Top 15 overall picks were?

The position can be addressed adequately with a 3rd day pick. Its proven by Kam Chancellor/ Andre Waters/ etc etc and so on. Picks as high as first rounders and even high second's need to be on more premium positions. The only exception to that would be with a SS of Polamalu's ilk. 

Quote:Cyp went 33 last year and this draft class is much stronger/ deeper.

So, not wrong.

Cyprien would go somewhere past 60 in this upcoming draft, IMO.
Cyp was a first round prospect last year he just fell to our pick. Its funny if u think he would fall to the 3rd round in this draft. Safety was a deeper draft last year than it is this year.

Quote:Cyp was a first round prospect last year he just fell to our pick. Its funny if u think he would fall to the 3rd round in this draft. Safety was a deeper draft last year than it is this year.

Maybe Safety is, but the overall draft is deeper this year and Cyp would fall to 60 because of simply better talent overall in 2014 draft. 

Quote:The position can be addressed adequately with a 3rd day pick. Its proven by Kam Chancellor/ Andre Waters/ etc etc and so on. Picks as high as first rounders and even high second's need to be on more premium positions. The only exception to that would be with a SS of Polamalu's ilk. 

Clearly that is proven by guys picked over 25 years apart.

Quote:yeah but if you live in the negativity it's gonna drowned you and austercise yourself from everyone. Try to look at the positives. They are there you just gonna look for them. It's your mindset man.
just in case you missed this TMD.

Quote:The position can be addressed adequately with a 3rd day pick. Its proven by Kam Chancellor/ Andre Waters/ etc etc and so on. Picks as high as first rounders and even high second's need to be on more premium positions. The only exception to that would be with a SS of Polamalu's ilk.
the qb position can be addressed adequately in the 6th round round or UDFA and so on. Its proven by Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Warren Moon etc.. Your logic sucks as usual

Quote:Clearly that is proven by guys picked over 25 years apart.
exactly that's not a valid sample. That's cherry picking the outliers

Quote:I read the article, and I came away with a positive feeling about Cyprien.  After reading through some of the bilge in this thread, we should really consider just cutting him despite the significant improvement he made during the 2nd half of the season.  He's got bust written all over him apparently.

I think the article basically reinforces what most of us saw last year.

He struggled alot in the preseason and the first half of the season. But the second half you could a light come on and he improved alot. 

The expectation being in 2014 that he carries the second half level to start the year.

Quote:just in case you missed this TMD.

Good luck with that. 

Quote:the qb position can be addressed adequately in the 6th round round or UDFA and so on. Its proven by Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Warren Moon etc.. Your logic sucks as usual

Or just only draft third round QB's. I mean Joe Montana, Russell Wilson, etc.

Quote:I think the article basically reinforces what most of us saw last year.

He struggled alot in the preseason and the first half of the season. But the second half you could a light come on and he improved alot. 

The expectation being in 2014 that he carries the second half level to start the year.

Well, that's what I thought as well.  Then I read this thread.  He needs to go.  The guy has bust written all over him.  Set aside the improvement.  He sucked last year.

Quote:Or just only draft third round QB's. I mean Joe Montana, Russell Wilson, etc.
this guy acts like u can get Kam Chancellors in the late rounds. Kam is one of the best draft steals of the decade along with Sherman and Wilson.

Whether a team can adequately fill SS with a 3rd round pick or not is an entirely different issue than whether a guy picked in the second round should be held to the same standard as a guy picked in the first, or more specifically a top 15 pick.

A team may well be able to fill SS with a 3rd round pick.  It still doesn't mean that because that team overdrafted the position by a round (assuming you think Cyprien was overdrafted), he should be held to the same standards of expectation as a high first rounder.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2014, 03:52 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:exactly that's not a valid sample. That's cherry picking the outliers

I think theres probably dozens more examples, they were just the first 2 to come to mind. 

As for the positive outlook thing, when the team earns it, my posts will reflect it. I've said this many times. Its proven itself out to be. My posting was very positive during most of the 2007 season. 

Quote:I think you need better from that with a selection as high as he was taken. 

A long term fixture at a position isn't valuable? There aren't Kam Chancellor's in every draft.