Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnathan Cyprien

Quote:A long term fixture at a position isn't valuable? There aren't Kam Chancellor's in every draft.

Maybe not to his extreme level but theres capable Box Safeties in day 3 & beyond in every draft. Non premium position. If I was running a team I would never take a SS within the first 2 rounds unless he was Polamalu-like. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe not to his extreme level but theres capable Box Safeties in day 3 & beyond in every draft. Non premium position. If I was running a team I would never take a SS within the first 2 rounds unless he was Polamalu-like.
So you still wish we took Jonathan Banks or Authur Brown over Cyp?

Quote:I think theres probably dozens more examples, they were just the first 2 to come to mind. 

As for the positive outlook thing, when the team earns it, my posts will reflect it. I've said this many times. Its proven itself out to be. My posting was very positive during most of the 2007 season. 
Only to be followed by 7 years of utter misery on your part. 

We get it.  You have a schtick.  You must show the world you're no homer.  Nothing positive has happened over the past 7 years worth noting, and that is just fine for someone like you who thrives on being miserable at all times.  It's what gets you up each day.  The opportunity to whine and complain makes you giddy like a child on Christmas morning. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote: The only exception to that would be with a SS of Polamalu's ilk. 
I think Cyprien will fall shy of "Polamalu" type impact but will come a lot closer than you think.  He'll eclipse this Darius-ceiling you keep whining about, IMO. 

Had you bothered to watch a few of those meaningless wins least year instead of crying in your beer over Teddy going to the Texans - you might have noticed he flashed some crazy speed and athleticism in the box. 

Quote:I think Cyprien will fall shy of "Polamalu" type impact but will come a lot closer than you think.  He'll eclipse this Darius-ceiling you keep whining about, IMO. 

Had you bothered to watch a few of those meaningless wins least year instead of crying in your beer over Teddy going to the Texans - you might have noticed he flashed some crazy speed and athleticism in the box. 
Exactly.  We haven't seen him reach his ceiling yet.  We've seen him start slow and finish strong.  It's fair to expect that trajectory to continue in the right direction. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2014, 04:37 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:The bolded is the part that I don't understand. Why should Cyprien, who was drafted with the 33rd overall pick, be held to the same standard that four Top 15 overall picks were?

Especially if he were overdrafted, as TMD asserts.

If you thought a player was overdrafted, one would imagine your expectations of said player would be lowered, not raised to a higher standard than even the overdrafting suggests.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Only to be followed by 7 years of utter misery on your part.

We get it. You have a schtick. You must show the world you're no homer. Nothing positive has happened over the past 7 years worth noting, and that is just fine for someone like you who thrives on being miserable at all times. It's what gets you up each day. The opportunity to whine and complain makes you giddy like a child on Christmas morning.
exactly.. It's not healthy. It only drives people away and irritates them. At this point TMD your not even being realistic your being a downer. It's ok to be wrong sometimes man.. Infact it's healthy. There have been many positives over the last 7 years but if your not willing to see them no one is going to be able to help you.

Quote:The position can be addressed adequately with a 3rd day pick. Its proven by Kam Chancellor/ Andre Waters/ etc etc and so on. Picks as high as first rounders and even high second's need to be on more premium positions. The only exception to that would be with a SS of Polamalu's ilk. 

But the player was selected where he was selected. You can't simply state that his position can be filled by anyone else without at least evaluating the player with regard to the rest of his draft class. If you have a good player, you don't just slot him into a position and not take full advantage of his abilities.

Can you get "a guy" to play Strong Safety? Sure, I guess so but I'd rather have a guy who has at least flashed some decent play instead of simply conceding that he won't ever amount to the production of a Top 15 selection.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Especially if he were overdrafted, as TMD asserts.

If you thought a player was overdrafted, one would imagine your expectations of said player would be lowered, not raised to a higher standard then even the overdrafting suggests.

These are the kinds of positions one must take in order to dazzle us all with his keen intellect.  It doesn't have to follow any real logic.  It simply needs to be said.  To heck with whether it makes a lick of sense, or if it's fair to apply floating standards to suit an agenda.  We should all just nod, glassy eyed and tell the imp how smart he is.

TMD loves to set ridiculous virtual standards for any move this team makes.  It's a shame he buries the bar when it comes to real life standards, but that's for another day. 

Quote:Cyp went 33 last year and this draft class is much stronger/ deeper. 

So, not wrong. 

Cyprien would go somewhere past 60 in this upcoming draft, IMO. 

There's the magic word, "IMO"... use it more often.

I believe Cyprien is just as good a safety prospect as there is this year.  IMO he's better than the Calvin Pryors, and the overrated Haha Clinton-Dix.  A player like Cyprien will always be around the end of round 1/top of round 2.  

I expect him to be around the LOS more this year and start racking up some TFLs....

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I expect him to be around the LOS more this year and start racking up some TFLs....
This is what I fully expect out of Cyprien in the coming years. However, I feel like we need a complement FS who is very rangy, intelligent, and can cover ground as the single high safety - think Earl Thomas & Kam Chancellor.

Aren't the Chiefs entertaining the idea of trading Eric Berry? I would take him in a heartbeat with zero doubt/regret...

Quote:I disagree. If you draft someone in the first round, you gotta expect more than just getting a "quality starter". And I agree Darius was a decent starter. !st rounders gotta be players that are amongst the best players at their positions, once developed. Henderson, Stroud, Taylor, Boselli would all fit that criteria. They were worthy picks.

Cyp at 33 is right on the cusp of a first rounder. So you gotta get close to that level I illustrated. Cyprien will top out at Darius level.

Wow, u really must get let down a lot in life
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

I had alot of questions on him during the draft but after the first year i have only read positive things.  I would be lying if i said he didnt become one of my favorite players on the team.

In an interview posted today on the homepage Babich was asked which player overall improved the most from the minute he walked in the door to the end of the season. 

His  answer?  This guy:

[Image: Johnathan+Cyprien+San+Diego+Chargers+v+J...YixTTl.jpg]

Quote:These are the kinds of positions one must take in order to dazzle us all with his keen intellect. It doesn't have to follow any real logic. It simply needs to be said. To heck with whether it makes a lick of sense, or if it's fair to apply floating standards to suit an agenda. We should all just nod, glassy eyed and tell the imp how smart he is.

TMD loves to set ridiculous virtual standards for any move this team makes. It's a shame he buries the bar when it comes to real life standards, but that's for another day.

Yep. A very good description of his "schtick".

This is a sick article that makes me very happy Smile

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Am I the only one that remembers TMD actually liking the Cyrprien pick when it went out last year?

Quote:Am I the only one that remembers TMD actually liking the Cyrprien pick when it went out last year?
I only remember about 4 pages of him bad-mouthing the pick, the player and the GM on draft day. 

I'm excited to see him progress in his second season

Quote:Am I the only one that remembers TMD actually liking the Cyrprien pick when it went out last year?

No, he didn't. He panned it. He wanted Matt Barkley and he foolishly compared Cyprien to Sabby Piscitelli.