Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brewster: "I think a lot of people will be surprised when they get a chance to see me play full-time center.”

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...d5fda390b7

Hmm, it would be nice if he could step in and be a solid center.  He has played out of position the last few years so hopefully the added weight, experience, and his natural position he can turn into a solid pro.  We still need to draft a C in the mid rounds just in case he starts getting pushed around like he did at G.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It was nice to read that he's approaching the opportunity with some vigor.  He'll need it.  Hopefully playing his "real" position and a few years of experience will make him at least "solid."    His guard play was well below that threshold IMO. 

Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...d5fda390b7

Hmm, it would be nice if he could step in and be a solid center.  He has played out of position the last few years so hopefully the added weight, experience, and his natural position he can turn into a solid pro.  We still need to draft a C in the mid rounds just in case he starts getting pushed around like he did at G.

i agree with what he was saying. during his junior year if he came out, he would be probably the first ranked center in this pool of centers. he has some experience under his belt now. hopefully fixed whatever went wrong in his senior year. i think he is gonna come in and be real solid. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:It was nice to read that he's approaching the opportunity with some vigor.  He'll need it.  Hopefully playing his "real" position and a few years of experience will make him at least "solid."    His guard play was well below that threshold IMO. 

....so was Meester's....remember?

Hopefully he will be good enough. 

[Image: 20140429-brewster.jpg]

From what ya hear, it sounds like he has all the tools (smarts, athletic ability) but just lacks the raw strength to play the position right now. Maybe that's something that can be corrected in the weight room. Be nice if he could surprise us and win the job outright and not just by default.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Well, he's definitely going to get every opportunity to earn the starting job.  Hopefully he is up to the challenge.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:From what ya hear, it sounds like he has all the tools (smarts, athletic ability) but just lacks the raw strength to play the position right now. Maybe that's something that can be corrected in the weight room. Be nice if he could surprise us and win the job outright and not just by default.

Had he not been injured half of his time in Jax - perhaps he would have added more weight by now.  Here's hoping he just gets stronger between now and September.  

Quote:....so was Meester's....remember?

As I said above....

Meester also wasn't very good when Coughlin questionably moved him to Guard, rather than Center, which was his natural position from college, IIRC. 

Then, I think it was Del Rio, who ultimately moved Meester back to Center. And the rest was history. 

Maybe the same thing can happen with Brewster. 

I remember how jazzed I was when we got him in UDFA.  Hopefully he will be able to play better at C.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:From what ya hear, it sounds like he has all the tools (smarts, athletic ability) but just lacks the raw strength to play the position right now. Maybe that's something that can be corrected in the weight room. Be nice if he could surprise us and win the job outright and not just by default.

With 2 years, now 3 in a professional weight program you would think he would have already gained the necessary strength/weight to play with the big boys. Even though I'm sure his injuries limited him some.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:As I said above....

Meester also wasn't very good when Coughlin questionably moved him to Guard, rather than Center, which was his natural position from college, IIRC. 

Then, I think it was Del Rio, who ultimately moved Meester back to Center. And the rest was history. 

Maybe the same thing can happen with Brewster. 
Now you're resorting to quoting yourself because people aren't responding.  Pretty sad. 

Quote:With 2 years, now 3 in a professional weight program you would think he would have already gained the necessary strength/weight to play with the big boys. Even though I'm sure his injuries limited him some.

Not necessarily, especially if he's been injured. 

A lot depends on where they had him slated to play.  Now that he's got a shot at moving back to his natural position, he needs to get stronger and develop some additional body weight in order to avoid getting pushed around like a rag doll out there.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I'll be surprised if he can hold the position all season long. What we did see of him I wasn't impressed.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Now that it's his job to lose, that kind of motivation can do wonders for some players. 

Quote:Now you're resorting to quoting yourself because people aren't responding.  Pretty sad. 

Did you hear something?

Quote:Did you hear something?

Yeah, it sounded like a cricket moaning desperately for attention. 

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 05:43 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

[Image: MikeBrewster.jpeg]

THESE GUYS HATE EACH OTHER

http://maizeandgoblue.com/tag/david-molk/

[Image: David-Molk-Getty-Images.jpeg]

Got my popcorn just in case

Quote:Yeah, it sounded like a cricket moaning desperately for attention. 

blah blah blah attention blah.....

You ever get tired with that same old line?