Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jedd Fisch on 1010XL

This morning on 1010XL, Jaguars' offensive coordinator Jed Fisch indicated he expects an 8 game suspension for Blackmon, and that Blackmon will not be cut or traded.

He also indicated that the Senior Bowl was a bigger advantage than he initially thought.

Jed Fisch indicated he fits scheme to personnel not the other way around, but states they want to run the ball better than they did last year and would like a 58/42 pass/run ratio which is a little more run based than the league norm

According to him, the Jaguars run about 55% 3 WR set offense.

Gerhart is very hard to tackle, and that he is adept at pass protection (and is very high-4th attribute he listed in what he looks for in RBs).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A good listen.

Fisch has a great personality.

Quote:This morning on 1010XL, Jaguars' offensive coordinator Jed Fisch indicated he expects an 8 game suspension for Blackmon, and that Blackmon will not be cut or traded.

He also indicated that the Senior Bowl was a bigger advantage than he initially thought.

Jed Fisch indicated he fits scheme to personnel not the other way around, but states they want to run the ball better than they did last year and would like a 58/42 pass/run ratio which is a little more run based than the league norm

Gerhart is very hard to tackle, and that he is adept at pass protection (and is very high-4th attribute he listed in what he looks for in RBs).

Cool, I like hearing that about Blackmon from Jedd. I hope he knows what he's talking about. 

Blackmon needs to remain a Jag, not be cut or traded away cheaply. 

That's pretty much exactly in line with what O'Halloran said about Blackmon.  So I wonder how Hicken and Prosser somehow know better, since they both guarantee he'll never play again.  Or maybe they just don't know what they are talking about...  

Quote:That's pretty much exactly in line with what O'Halloran said about Blackmon.  So I wonder how Hicken and Prosser somehow know better, since they both guarantee he'll never play again.  Or maybe they just don't know what they are talking about...  

They work at 1010xl and know the secret handshake

Quote:This morning on 1010XL, Jaguars' offensive coordinator Jed Fisch indicated he expects an 8 game suspension for Blackmon, and that Blackmon will not be cut or traded.

His comment about the draft being delayed for 2 weeks was interesting.  It's 2 weeks lost for the rookies.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:That's pretty much exactly in line with what O'Halloran said about Blackmon.  So I wonder how Hicken and Prosser somehow know better, since they both guarantee he'll never play again.  Or maybe they just don't know what they are talking about...  

I think you answered your own question there. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:His comment about the draft being delayed for 2 weeks was interesting.  It's 2 weeks lost for the rookies.

I agree with that. I don't like it. I hope it goes back to late April like before, but with Goodell, probably not. 

Lot's of playing time missed because of foolishness and idiocy.. Hope he learns his lesson. Had a feeling he wasn't going anywhere, but it's still not said and done with yet.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:His comment about the draft being delayed for 2 weeks was interesting.  It's 2 weeks lost for the rookies.

Yep, I expect the league to move the draft back to late April in 2015, this draft delay/lull can't be good for the NFL.

Quote:I agree with that. I don't like it. I hope it goes back to late April like before, but with Goodell, probably not. 

I heard a rumor he's moving the draft to the middle of the season next year.

When you combine that with the limited contacts teams are supposed to have with players due to the new CBA, that two weeks could hurt.

Quote:When you combine that with the limited contacts teams are supposed to have with players due to the new CBA, that two weeks could hurt.

Goodell really thought this through.

If it does pan out with getting Blackmon for the second half of the season, I have wild visions of defenses trying to contend with Watkins, Blackmon, Shorts, plus Ace in the slot.  Mix in a heavy dose of Toby, and a few touches of Marcedes and Shoelace... wow.

I think Henne could be serviceable as long as the questions on the o-line get addressed.

Speaking of Blackmon, Shorts was on a little later, and indicated Blackmon has been out of town.

He did not indicate the nature of his absence, but indicated he considers Blackmon a friend and is keeping him in prayer.

Quote:I heard a rumor he's moving the draft to the middle of the season next year.
Or, they could have one round per week. Stretch the actual drafting out to 7 weeks. Thin it into a miniseries.

Quote:If it does pan out with getting Blackmon for the second half of the season, I have wild visions of defenses trying to contend with Watkins, Blackmon, Shorts, plus Ace in the slot.  Mix in a heavy dose of Toby, and a few touches of Marcedes and Shoelace... wow.

I think Henne could be serviceable as long as the questions on the o-line get addressed.
I don't know about Henne ever being servicable, but I have thought about such an array of skill players.  Such a lineup would be appealling, especially if Blackmon can stay clean and not suspended.

We should draft either Sankey, James White, Storm Johnson, or Seastrunk later on in this draft.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:Or, they could have one round per week. Stretch the actual drafting out to 7 weeks. Thin it into a miniseries.

Thread the draft into the weekly edition of Hard Knocks!

With Blackmon out half the season we're going to need a 1st WR. Welcome to Jacksonville Sammy.