Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad One of the Worst People...

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 03:49 PM by HIGH SCORE.)

In one of these articles about the Clipper's buffoon owner, the author (presumably) has made a graphic displaying the worst people who own sports franchises....and Shad Khan is on the graphic?!?

Listed alongside with Donald Sterling and Marge Schlott....

Anybody have any clue why this might be? Is there some scumbaggary that Shad has partaken in that I am unaware of?

Anybody?

Here's the link:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/26/5655476/donald-sterling-scumbag-racist-clippers-tmz'>http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/26/5655476/donald-sterling-scumbag-racist-clippers-tmz</a>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That proves the ignorance of some of the people in this country we live in..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

*shrug*

Haters gon hate the 'stache

In the comments section someone wrote it's because of his company and a fine or something. Seems like a stretch to me saying he's a bad owner...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Supposedly it's because his company was fined because of OHSA violations and then tried to fight the fine. Going by that standard Paul Allen should be on that chart as well.

Envy. That mustache and that swag. People gonna hate.

Quote:Supposedly it's because his company was fined because of OHSA violations and then tried to fight the fine. Going by that standard Paul Allen should be on that chart as well.

I'm sure just about anyone that can afford to buy a team would be on that list...you don't make that much money without getting sued at some point. Whether for reason or as a scam...

And he's a bad guy for fighting a fine??

Quote:I'm sure just about anyone that can afford to buy a team would be on that list...you don't make that much money without getting sued at some point. Whether for reason or as a scam...

And he's a bad guy for fighting a fine??
He didn't get sued, he was fined. Though I'm sure he has been sued plenty of times.

Quote:That proves the ignorance of some of the people in this country we live in..
No question about that. In Shad's limited time as an owner he has only proven that he is completely in control and moving things in the right directions for the franchises he owns. This reeks of more kicking of the low lying fruit because of complete ignorance by the national media.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Thats bizarre.

Judging a sports team owner by how he/she runs their other businesses isn’t a fair assessment. Many owners who are very good to their clubs have some issues in their other businesses. That doesn’t make them a bad owner of their club.

I think we have a very good owner. I think in a few years he’ll be talked about as a top twenty rated owner when looking at the 100+ owners of the four major American leagues and that's saying something.

This article from last year already listed him in the top 10 of the NFL even though it didn’t have much to go on.  

# EVEN IF HE'S RELEASED

Quote:Judging a sports team owner by how he/she runs their other businesses isn’t a fair assessment. Many owners who are very good to their clubs have some issues in their other businesses. That doesn’t make them a bad owner of their club.

But this article isn't judging them on how they are as an owner, but as a person.

Khan probably shouldn't make the list, and the writer of the list even admits it himself.  There are plenty of worse people than Khan.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

[Image: 2vsj1v4.png]

For what it's worth..

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2...tions.html

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I still dont see how he is worthy of that list.

Quote:[Image: 2vsj1v4.png]

For what it's worth..

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2...tions.html
Paul Allen owns 180 million or so shares of Microsoft, a company that was fined nearly @1 billion dollars by the EU for anti-competitive tactics. Why isn't he on the list?

Looks like a hack writer trying to find filler for an article.

so you should just say ok I'll pay the fine? 

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:so you should just say ok I'll pay the fine?

Seems like legalized blackmail to me!

"We're gonna fine you and you better pay, or we'll make you look worse for fighting the fine"

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 06:39 PM by badger.)

Quote:Supposedly it's because his company was fined because of OHSA violations and then tried to fight the fine. Going by that standard Paul Allen should be on that chart as well.
This makes me like him more

Rebel against all those tree-hugging hippies

If owning a company that gets fined by OSHA is all you need to make this list, then this list will end up being thousands of names long.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.