Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
High school student SUSPENDED for asking Miss America to the prom when she appeared at his school

• Nina Davuluri was at Central York High School in Pennsylvania as part of a diversity event

• Patrick Farves, 18, has been planning to ask Davuluri out to the prom days before her apperance on Thursday

• School administrators got wind of Farves plan and warned him not to ask Miss America out

• Suspension has ignited backlash against school over the suspension

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608156/High-school-student-asks-MISS-AMERICA-PROM-administration-gives-3-DAY-SUSPENSION-result.html'>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608156/High-school-student-asks-MISS-AMERICA-PROM-administration-gives-3-DAY-SUSPENSION-result.html</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The whole "ask famous person to prom" is so cliche, played out & unoriginal (par for the course for most of todays sheep youth) but that said, theres no reason for the guy to get a suspension for it. 

Quote:The whole "ask famous person to prom" is so cliche, played out & unoriginal (par for the course for most of todays sheep youth) but that said, theres no reason for the guy to get a suspension for it. 

DA YOOF IS STOOOOOOPID!

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

They specifically told him not to do it and he still did. The suspension is completely fair IMO.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2014, 10:42 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:They specifically told him not to do it and he still did. The suspension is completely fair IMO.

I think a punishment for that is fine....but a suspension? Seems a bit steep. As said, what he did is a lame, chiche, overdone, non original, "Look at me" act as most of societal youth are all about these days, but on the scale of crimes, this one was small. 

Give him detention for a few weeks and be done with it. 

Quote:DA YOOF IS STOOOOOOPID!

I'm starting to see a correlation here.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I'm starting to see a correlation here..
No, you're just being a sheep.

Back in TMD's day (143 years ago apparently), everybody was original to the core and not one person did, said, wore or looked like any other. It was a society of snowflakes.

Quote:No, you're just being a sheep.

Back in TMD's day (143 years ago apparently), everybody was original to the core and not one person did, said, wore or looked like any other. It was a society of snowflakes.

If you're referring to the 80's, I agree with him on that.. I grew up in the 80's as well.. Great time to be alive.. 

Quote:I think a punishment for that is fine....but a suspension? Seems a bit steep. As said, what he did is a lame, chiche, overdone, non original, "Look at me" act as most of societal youth are all about these days, but on the scale of crimes, this one was small.

I find the "look at me" comment ridiculously ironic.

Quote:If you're referring to the 80's, I agree with him on that.. I grew up in the 80's as well.. Great time to be alive.. 

Yup, the 80's were pretty awesome.....no pun intended. 

In School Suspension makes sense to me.  He disobeyed a teacher.  It's not like he was expelled (which we recently had a student around here expelled because he did something he was told not to, and the principal ended up having to resign over the decision)

Quote:If you're referring to the 80's, I agree with him on that.. I grew up in the 80's as well.. Great time to be alive.. 

I'm sure the 80's were great.  The clothes.  The celebrities.  Garfield.  You can't ask for much more than that.  Too bad Garfield died in office though.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'm sure the 80's were great. The clothes. The celebrities. Garfield. You can't ask for much more than that. Too bad Garfield died in office though.

Isn't Barney on?

Quote:Isn't Barney on?
I always think the cat when you say Garfield

Quote:They specifically told him not to do it and he still did. The suspension is completely fair IMO.
They have no standing to make that request. So, it is actually not completely fair.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I think a punishment for that is fine....but a suspension? Seems a bit steep. As said, what he did is a lame, chiche, overdone, non original, "Look at me" act as most of societal youth are all about these days, but on the scale of crimes, this one was small. 

A punishment is NOT fine. He broke no law. He broke no code of conduct. He disobeyed a request that a school official had NO right to make. The school officials are the ones who should be suspended.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Isn't Barney on?

Overgrown Lizard!!!

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2014, 09:18 PM by NH3.)

A Suspension prior to his Prom... He definately was Star Struck w/the mentality of "What are they gonna Do"?

Suspend Me?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2014, 11:09 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:The whole "ask famous person to prom" is so cliche, played out & unoriginal (par for the course for most of todays sheep youth) but that said, theres no reason for the guy to get a suspension for it. 

Your post - based on your past posts - is so cliche & unoriginal (par for the course for the sheep resident message board geezer) that there is no reason for anyone to be subjected to it.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I always think the cat when you say Garfield

That's my first thought too...:yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:A punishment is NOT fine. He broke no law. He broke no code of conduct. He disobeyed a request that a school official had NO right to make. The school officials are the ones who should be suspended.

Did you watch the video?

If he had asked her while she was doing a meet and greet or something, as long as it wasn't disrespectful I'd agree.

As it is, he disrupted a whole school talk during a Q&A about something serious. Imagine if that had been a politician or serious business woman, he would have got way worse.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.