Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
High school student SUSPENDED for asking Miss America to the prom when she appeared at his school

Quote:Did you watch the video?

If he had asked her while she was doing a meet and greet or something, as long as it wasn't disrespectful I'd agree.

As it is, he disrupted a whole school talk during a Q&A about something serious. Imagine if that had been a politician or serious business woman, he would have got way worse.
Yeah.

That.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A punishment is NOT fine. He broke no law. He broke no code of conduct. He disobeyed a request that a school official had NO right to make. The school officials are the ones who should be suspended.

I don't think what he did is really all that big of a deal either, other than being "gouge my eyeballs out boring, played out, cliche, sheep-like" but he was given specific rules as were all the students, and he deliberately disrespected them. That can't go unpunished. 

I don't think it is a big deal, but if they were told not to ask, then surely some punishment is needed. I just think suspension is going a bit too far.

Quote:I don't think it is a big deal, but if they were told not to ask, then surely some punishment is needed. I just think suspension is going a bit too far.

If they were told "don't do it or you'll get suspended" then the punishment fits the crime.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:If they were told "don't do it or you'll get suspended" then the punishment fits the crime.

Even the kid accepts his fate and understands the reason for his suspension. From the linked article:

Quote:'They (administrators) did that because they told me not to but I did it anyway," Farves responded on Twitter to a question from a reporter. 'They did what they had to.'

'At that point in time, it was 10 minutes before the presentation, and I was pretty much set to do it,' he said. 'I was a little pressured. Everybody expected me to do it. I'm the kind of person who, if someone says I won't do something, I'll prove people wrong. I will.'

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;"> 
It's 3 days of in-school suspension. They didn't send him home, spank him or put him on a rack. He'll keep up with his studies and just miss out on whatever activities he might have participated in during school hours those three days. In this day and age where discipline lapses are complained about incessantly, it is ridiculous to compare this situation to a human rights issue. The principal acted appropriately. And, given those quotes above, my guess is that this isn't the first time this young man pushed his luck.</div>
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I used to love suspensions, would have been worth it for me.