Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NHL Playoffs

Quote:and to think...Justin Williams, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards all weren't good enough to stay on the Flyers.... :confused:

Paul Holmgren, you suck!!!

Mike Richards is in steep decline right now. Philly easily came out on top netting Simmonds (beast) and Schenn (decent) whereas Richards will be a buyout candidate in a few weeks.

The Carter trade wasn't even that bad, considering the return. Couturier and Voracek are both excellent players, not to mention younger and cheaper.

Holmgren has had his blunders- the Bryzgalov fiasco and giving up on JVR far too soon- but Philly is well positioned going forward and one of the better-run franchises in the league.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

ah yes the handshakes are great as well. that shows great sportsmanship, and is awesome to see.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 05:34 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Mike Richards is in steep decline right now. Philly easily came out on top netting Simmonds (beast) and Schenn (decent) whereas Richards will be a buyout candidate in a few weeks.

The Carter trade wasn't even that bad, considering the return. Couturier and Voracek are both excellent players, not to mention younger and cheaper.

Holmgren has had his blunders- the Bryzgalov fiasco and giving up on JVR far too soon- but Philly is well positioned going forward and one of the better-run franchises in the league.

That sounds like the company line about the acquisitions for those players. 

Those trades may be able to be rationalized like thay are being above, but players like (Richards/ Carter/ Williams) those were/ are the reason LA has made several Cup runs. They were also the same reason the Flyers made several strong runs in 2008 and 2010. They had something that doesn't always show up in the stat sheet. Resiliency. That core should never have been broken up. Its no accident that that 2010 Flyers team came back from 0-3 to Boston that playoff year. Didn't the Kings with the same core just do that again this year?

I'm just glad Holmgren is outta the GM chair & hope they let Hextall alone without meddling from the "old Guard" (Clarke/ Holmgren)

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 08:38 PM by Jerrad.)

I consider Quick, Doughty, Kopitar as LA's core. Richards is wasting away on the 4th line and will be on a different team next year. Carter is a beast, I'll give you that, but there were well documented issues with Carter/Richards immaturity and work ethic while with Philly. Besides, it was time to hand the team over to Giroux anyways.

Quote:I consider Quick, Doughty, Kopitar as LA's core. Richards is wasting away on the 4th line and will be on a different team next year. Carter is a beast, I'll give you that, but there were well documented issues with Carter/Richards immaturity and work ethic while with Philly. Besides, it was time to hand the team over to Giroux anyways.

Well, they went backwards....at least initially. And per the accompanying moves they made at the time, i.e. signing Bryzgalov (a win "now" type of move) ....I don't think that was expected. 

Haha yea the Bryzgalov signing was a very entertaining disaster. I'm no Flyers fan but I've always had a soft spot for them. You are right about them having a rabid fan base and they deserve to see their team win one.

Quote:Haha yea the Bryzgalov signing was a very entertaining disaster. I'm no Flyers fan but I've always had a soft spot for them. You are right about them having a rabid fan base and they deserve to see their team win one.

Ugh, I been waiting decades now for them to bring home another Stanley Cup....the way its going now, I don't see them as any immediate threat to accomplish that feat. 

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 09:50 PM by Jerrad.)

And right on cue Carter and Richards both have goals tonight. Quick has made some ridiculous saves. This series is over...

Think the Kings get the sweep?

I don't see how they wouldn't get the sweep, but NYR have been down like this before.

What is it about this LA team that always keeps them in a game? I have this perception of them being the anti-hockey team. Quick is good, but he's not on a streak like most playoff teams.

Whatever the reason is, they are a lot of fun to watch.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Sutter is a great coach. Giving up the lead in those first two games will be the undoing of the rangers. you can get away with that against some lesser teams. but the kings not only can score, quick might have taken over as the best goalie in the nhl this year. when you score 4 goals on quick, you better win the game and they just couldnt do that. LA deserves it for sure. if the rangers were gonna lose to anyone im glad it was the kings. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Kings wanted to win it at home. lol

Wow! What a game! Kings are the champs!

Gotta give props to Lundqvist too though. Dude had almost 50 saves.

Also, Rick Nash is garbage. Talk about overrated.

Rick Nash was a high profile signing that I realm thought would put the team over the top. He was so good on Columbus and then disappeared on the rangers.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."