Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NHL Playoffs

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 11:56 AM by TravC59.)

Hype, yeah. At worst, he's top 5.

As a rookie he fnished 6th in points. Led the league his second season (youngest player ever to do so, as a teenager nonetheless). Won all three major NHL awards his second season. Youngest player to be named to NHL's 1st All Star Team. He's finished 6th, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, and 1st in the league in scoring. He's been 7th, 2nd, 2nd, 8th, 2nd, and 1st in the league in Assists. His PPG over his career average out to be #2 in the league over that time. He's been 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st, 1st in the league in assists over his career.

Yeah, he's hype for sure.... :whistling:

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't like either team, but I really hope the Bruins knock out the Habs.

Sorry.  Love seeing those Bruins and their fans go home disappointed!

Quote:Sorry.  Love seeing those Bruins and their fans go home disappointed!
I thought they were going to win game 7. Didn't see any of the game, a little shocked.

;

Man, I hate the Rangers, Habs, and Blackhawks. I'm going hard for the Ducks, but if they lose, I'll be going hard for the Kings.

Can't stand those other teams AT ALL.

Its starting to look like the cup this year will be canda  vs usa. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Crosby is also fragile, gets every call, and can't play defense. Hockey is a two way game. I certainly think he is good but like I said, my opinion is top 15. It isn't all about the stats.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Crosby is also fragile, gets every call, and can't play defense. Hockey is a two way game. I certainly think he is good but like I said, my opinion is top 15. It isn't all about the stats.
You'd be in the vast minority of hockey people. But, to each their own for sure.

;

pengwinks and bumble bees getting knocked out in the same week? GOAT sports week. now i don't have to listen to NBC talk about how great the bruins are for the rest of the playoffs.

oh, and crosby sucks. who cares how well he does in the regular season. it's all about the postseason, and when it comes up, he crumbles.

Quote:pengwinks and bumble bees getting knocked out in the same week? GOAT sports week. now i don't have to listen to NBC talk about how great the bruins are for the rest of the playoffs.

oh, and crosby sucks. who cares how well he does in the regular season. it's all about the postseason, and when it comes up, he crumbles.
This postseason, no question. I don't think you've ever paid attention before this year based on that comment.

;

Quote:pengwinks and bumble bees getting knocked out in the same week? GOAT sports week. now i don't have to listen to NBC talk about how great the bruins are for the rest of the playoffs.

If Crosby sucks then everyone sucks.

Unless we get some crazy comebacks, it looks like it's going to be Kings vs. Rangers for the Cup.

Lol..... I'm far from a Crosby fan (go Wings!), but let me see you name 14 players better than Crosby. I'll be waiting.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2014, 02:58 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:Lol..... I'm far from a Crosby fan (go Wings!), but let me see you name 14 players better than Crosby. I'll be waiting.

i mean crosby plays the center position. i know if i say that i think ryan mcdonagh is a better player than crosby, you will probably flip out, but one is a C, one is defenseman. if you want 14 forwards that are better than crosby, that isnt going to happen, but he isnt even the best player on his team. that title goes to malkin. 

edit: i think datsyuk, malkin, ovechkin, and stamkos are better overall players than crosby. but he is def top 5 as a C or winger. you start throwing in guys like chara, shea weber, then things could get complicated. 

second edit: you start also thinking about things like durability and health and he goes further down the list. in fact, i would go so far as to ranking anze kopitar ahead of him in terms of centers. in 6 seasons of playing, kopitar has been in over 50 more games than crosby in his 9 seasons. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

and as a separate point because of how important it is. crosby cant even grow a beard. what an embarrassment. 

Quote:i mean crosby plays the center position. i know if i say that i think ryan mcdonagh is a better player than crosby, you will probably flip out, but one is a C, one is defenseman. if you want 14 forwards that are better than crosby, that isnt going to happen, but he isnt even the best player on his team. that title goes to malkin. 

edit: i think datsyuk, malkin, ovechkin, and stamkos are better overall players than crosby. but he is def top 5 as a C or winger. you start throwing in guys like chara, shea weber, then things could get complicated. 

second edit: you start also thinking about things like durability and health and he goes further down the list. in fact, i would go so far as to ranking anze kopitar ahead of him in terms of centers. in 6 seasons of playing, kopitar has been in over 50 more games than crosby in his 9 seasons. 

In 50 less games, Crosby still has 72 more goals and 151 more assists and Kopitar. Yup, Kopitar is obviously better.

Give me an f'in break. Anybody saying Crosby is outside of the top 10 players in the NHL needs to give up following the sport.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2014, 04:12 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

As a Red Wings fan, I would swap Datsyuk and any other Red Wings player for Crosby and not think twice about it. Keep blindly hating Crosby, though.

You're coming off like the Jaguar fans on here that use to say Manning was overrated when he was on the Colts. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they are any less of a player. Crosby is easily one of the best 10 players in the NHL.

Quote:In 50 less games, Crosby still has 72 more goals and 151 more assists and Kopitar. Yup, Kopitar is obviously better.

Give me an f'in break. Anybody saying Crosby is outside of the top 10 players in the NHL needs to give up following the sport.

you know the saying? "sometimes the best ability is availability." the dude is hurt a lot. again though.... the game isnt all about what shows up in the stat sheet. sure cros has a lot of goals and assists, but there are a lot of other aspects to the game. take sidneys tampon and blood stained jock strap off your face. 

Like I said, I'd gladly take Crosby over Datsyuk and I'm a Red Wings fan. Sometimes you have to respect how good someone is even if you don't like the guy. Crosby is one of those guys.

Quote:Lol..... I'm far from a Crosby fan (go Wings!), but let me see you name 14 players better than Crosby. I'll be waiting.
Can't do it.

;

Quote:i mean crosby plays the center position. i know if i say that i think ryan mcdonagh is a better player than crosby, you will probably flip out, but one is a C, one is defenseman. if you want 14 forwards that are better than crosby, that isnt going to happen, but he isnt even the best player on his team. that title goes to malkin. 

Your reaching, and looking foolish now.

;