Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NHL Playoffs

Quote:In 50 less games, Crosby still has 72 more goals and 151 more assists and Kopitar. Yup, Kopitar is obviously better.

Give me an f'in break. Anybody saying Crosby is outside of the top 10 players in the NHL needs to give up following the sport.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:you know the saying? "sometimes the best ability is availability." the dude is hurt a lot. again though.... the game isnt all about what shows up in the stat sheet. sure cros has a lot of goals and assists, but there are a lot of other aspects to the game. take sidneys tampon and blood stained jock strap off your face. 

No. There are no other aspects to the game other than winning, which is done by scoring more goals than the opponent.

I'm making myself look foolish? ^ hahaha

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

how did this become a post about which hockey player is bad, and good? Hockey is a team sport just like all sports. How many Stanley cups have any of you won? I would say 0.  Still 3 teams left. Big game 7 in Chicago sunday. Go blackhawks.  I prefer the hawks to win, but la is my seconed favorite team in hockey.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

you can't have two favorite teams. That's not how it works.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:you can't have two favorite teams. That's not how it works.

Why do you get to set the rules?

Quote:Why do you get to set the rules?

anyone who has played sports or is an actual fan knows that you cant have 2 favorite teams. 

Quote:anyone who has played sports or is an actual fan knows that you cant have 2 favorite teams. 

He said 2nd favorite team. As in he likes 1 team more than LA, but his SECOND favorite team is LA. You are telling me that a person can't like two teams?

Quote:you can't have two favorite teams. That's not how it works.
You can have your absolute favorite team, and then also root for another team (or your backup team) from the other conference.

Me for example, my favorite team are the NJ Devils. My Western conference team, or backup team, are the Ducks who happened to make the playoffs.

See, I don't have two favorite teams. Just my one favorite and then my Western backup team.

Exactly. My favorite team is the Jaguars because I liked their logo and colors in 1995 (I was 6). Since then, I have grown up watching and being a big fan off all Michigan teams (Pistons, Tigers, Red Wings, Wolverines) and inherently like the Lions now, too. I am still a "die-hard" Jaguars fan, though, and consider the Lions my "2nd favorite team".

Sue me.

Again the backhawks are my favorite hockey team,and las is right behind them. I would prefer to see hawks go all the way any year though. I was just saying since I like both teams I can't really lose. I am really hopeing though hawks do the rare in hockey, and repeat as champs.

Quote: I am really hopeing though hawks do the rare in hockey, and repeat as champs.
You and me both snowie.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

that is way hockey is better then the nba. you  don't ever have the same team winning the cup year after year after year after year after year like in the nba. Teams hardly every repeat in hockey,but it happens in the nba all the time anymore. It was a great series between la, and Chicago.

What a great series. The Kings have defeated the Sharks, Ducks, and Blackhawks... all legit Cup contenders.

I think the Rangers are gonna have trouble with this team.

Quote:What a great series. The Kings have defeated the Sharks, Ducks, and Blackhawks... all legit Cup contenders.

I think the Rangers are gonna have trouble with this team.

I haven't watched much since the Penguins got booted.  I saw someone post it was a great game and went to OT.  I turned it on just as they started celebrating the final goal.....A minute earlier I would have seen the best part.

It was a great game other night, a little dispointing  blackhawks couldn't pull it out. That just goes to show you why the nhl is better then the nba. you don't have same team winning year after year after year in hockey.

Quote:It was a great game other night, a little dispointing  blackhawks couldn't pull it out. That just goes to show you why the nhl is better then the nba. you don't have same team winning year after year after year in hockey.
Not to mention handshake lines after the series. That doesn't happen in any of the other major sports leagues.

The Kings, man. So resilient.

I've become a fan of them during these playoffs. Just an all-around solid team. Well coached too.

Quote:The Kings, man. So resilient.

I've become a fan of them during these playoffs. Just an all-around solid team. Well coached too.

and to think...Justin Williams, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards all weren't good enough to stay on the Flyers....  :confused: 

Paul Holmgren, you suck!!!

Quote:The Kings, man. So resilient.

I can't recall a coach in any professional sport who says less to the media than Darryl Sutter.   But when it comes to results,  Sutter's track record with the Kings is fantastic.   A classic example of actions being louder than words.   

The Stanley Cup Finals are far from over,  as the Rangers displayed tremendous resilency in coming from 3-1 down to beat the Penguins in Round 2.   Yet,  the Kings seem to be the most mentally tough team in this era,   in all of pro sports in North America.    Their epic 2012 Stanley Cup run when they kept winning on the road was one for the ages,  even though they were VERY fortunate to have the opportunity to compete for the Stanley Cup as an 8th seed.