Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
High school coach facing jail after he shoved student who broke wind in his face

Quote:That's pretty sad. I was a pretty good kid growing up, very rarely got in trouble. I remember one time I did something that wasn't even that bad and my parents got a call. I knew at school I had done something wrong and had hours to figure out my side of it and why it wasn't a big deal, or nah it wasn't quite as teacher said. Well, guess what? My parents weren't idiots. Even though I was a good kid, they knew better. They knew the teacher wasn't going to make stuff up or blow it out of proportion or even call when it wasn't necessary. Today's parents either don't care or are just too stupid to realize their angel did something wrong. Even if they do realize it there isn't any repercussions for their actions. " ok Johnny, time out for you" paaaalease! Really? " go to your room" you mean the place he'd be anyway playing his xbox, watching satellite tv with every imaginable channel, computer, iPod, cell phone? Oh yeah, that'll teach him.

I was picking my step son up from bartram one day when he was sick. It also happened to be senior prank day. Apparently a few students superglued a bunch of locks. This supposedly delayed school for quite some time while locksmiths came out to the rescue. Police were there as well. I saw one of these students, whom apparently was one of the few that pulled the prank, get pick up from his mom. Idk if the suspended him or what but Her reply, " all this just because of a prank?" She was upset that she had to take time out of her day and pick up her piece of crap kid for something so minor. You could tell she was more upset with the school than her kid. She didn't seem the least bit upset with her kid as a matter of fact.

You think kids pulling pranks is new? You think parents not caring about their kids is new?

Media keeps pushing this theme. The next generation is getting worse. The media also makes it seem like crime is up. If you haven't figure it out yet the media has a huge influence in how we think.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So, I suppose you have stats showing kids saying thank you more?

Crime down = kids are better?

I thought this was a respect/disrespect thing.

Quote:You think kids pulling pranks is new? You think parents not caring about their kids is new?

Media keeps pushing this theme. The next generation is getting worse. The media also makes it seem like crime is up. If you haven't figure it out yet the media has a huge influence in how we think.
Yes JT, I thought pranks happened just the other day. Never occurred to me that it could have happened years and years ago. Way to miss the point.

Not saying any of it is new. Just suggesting that it is more rampant. No, I don't have stats. Neither do you. So we'll agree to disagree.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 10:35 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:So, I suppose you have stats showing kids saying thank you more?

Crime down = kids are better?

I thought this was a respect/disrespect thing.
I do not.

I think crime being down has some correlation yes. Direct? That would be a stretch.

My point being we say these things like it is fact. When all it is is our perception of the world which is heavily influenced by the media. I like to ask questions and always question what I hear especially from the media since they have an agenda. I think that is my point.

TMD was in a thread talking about kids flipping cars and how evil spirited kids are today. Same thing was happening years ago.

Also, consider how mean kids were in our better generation simply because a kid were a different color or were gay. There have been a lot of improvements with our society.

Quote:Same reason he'd get arguments if he said the Pope was Catholic...

Or it could be that he says things like people's names help determine how good they will be in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:I agree that it doesn't matter whether today or 20 years ago, teachers shouldn't physically harm the children in any way. Can I say I blame the teacher, no. But he should have more control and handled it different.

I will agree that some "kids today" (I hate that expression) can be rude, selfish and disrespectful. But I don't think it's any different than kids in the 90's or 80's or 70's or 60's and so on. I knew plenty of kids in my generation that were the same way. I also know plenty of adults that are rude, selfish and disrespectful.

My hypothesis is that some people, no matter the age, are [BLEEP] and some are not.

Poor TMD, he gets so much unwanted attention. At least he can count on you having his back.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

When someone tries to be a sensationalist to get replies, they are not taken seriously. This debate about society being worse off or kids being more disrespectful has been debated on this board in several threads over many years. It's a tired subject.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 10:49 AM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:I do not.

I think crime being down has some correlation yes. Direct? That would be a stretch.

My point being we say these things like it is fact. When all it is is our perception of the world which is heavily influenced by the media. I like to ask questions and always question what I hear especially from the media since they have an agenda. I think that is my point.

TMD was in a thread talking about kids flipping cars and how evil spirited kids are today. Same thing was happening years ago.

Also, consider how mean kids were in our better generation simply because a kid were a different color or were gay. There have been a lot of improvements with our society.
I don't need to turn on the news to see children acting out in stores more and more than I have in the past. I can go to a restaurant and see them toss food onto the floor. I can't speak for others that share my view, but media isn't what is making me from my opinion. I can only go by what I have seen in my short 32 years. From my perspective kids today need more discipline than what they may or may not be getting.

You are right though. It is a matter of opinion. I also feel that this topic is similar to those in which we can't discuss here. It can cause a heated debate. You're going to have two sides that feel strongly one way or other and won't give in. I gave my two cents ( which is more than I really should have, I suppose). I am backing out of this thread as I do not wish to create bad blood between you and I, although we don't agree on a few things a lot of times. It is always nice to see the other side and their views. No offense, I have seen your side and don't care to see more. Lol. Only, because I feel strongly about it and don't want to create a heated debate or have that poster to which you can't stand. I like you well enough to just leave it at that.

I'm sure TMD will be on here and you two can continue the debate. Lol.

Quote:Poor TMD, he gets so much unwanted attention. At least he can count on you having his back.

Don't mess with TMD or the bunnie will get you!

Quote:Poor TMD, he gets so much unwanted attention. At least he can count on you having his back.

I just don't understand how so many of you can think the guy is a complete idiot and then spend so much time arguing with him about it. You all comment on how he just tries to get attention...and then go out of your way to give him that attention!!!

I don't have a problem with TMD...I actually like him, probably because I don't feel the need to argue with him about it every time he goes off on one of his tangents. But hey, I'm weird like that...I like just about everyone on here. :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I just don't understand how so many of you can think the guy is a complete idiot and then spend so much time arguing with him about it. You all comment on how he just tries to get attention...and then go out of your way to give him that attention!!!

I don't have a problem with TMD...I actually like him, probably because I don't feel the need to argue with him about it every time he goes off on one of his tangents. But hey, I'm weird like that...I like just about everyone on here. :thumbsup:
...just about everyone? Hmm. Names please! Smile

Breaking wind in his face?!?!

What happened to breaking wind in someone's general direction?

Chivalry is dead!

Besides, that's how you get pink eye.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I just don't understand how so many of you can think the guy is a complete idiot and then spend so much time arguing with him about it. You all comment on how he just tries to get attention...and then go out of your way to give him that attention!!!

I actually like TMD.. As dumb as some of his arguments are, he kinda keeps the board a bit on the Jerry Springerish side. It's entertainment.. And the off-season.. So it's kinda needed for entertainment purposes. It's not like the kid's a dictator or anything. His Jag scenarios are often mistaken for Nyquil induced, Jungle Cat-esk sex dreams involving midgets and UFO's.. It's entertainment, take it for what it's worth.. That said, he's completely serious when he goes on his Jersey Shore, bottle of peach schnapps musings, which just adds to the comedy..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 11:36 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:I don't need to turn on the news to see children acting out in stores more and more than I have in the past. I can go to a restaurant and see them toss food onto the floor. I can't speak for others that share my view, but media isn't what is making me from my opinion. I can only go by what I have seen in my short 32 years. From my perspective kids today need more discipline than what they may or may not be getting.

You are right though. It is a matter of opinion. I also feel that this topic is similar to those in which we can't discuss here. It can cause a heated debate. You're going to have two sides that feel strongly one way or other and won't give in. I gave my two cents ( which is more than I really should have, I suppose). I am backing out of this thread as I do not wish to create bad blood between you and I, although we don't agree on a few things a lot of times. It is always nice to see the other side and their views. No offense, I have seen your side and don't care to see more. Lol. Only, because I feel strongly about it and don't want to create a heated debate or have that poster to which you can't stand. I like you well enough to just leave it at that.

I'm sure TMD will be on here and you two can continue the debate. Lol.
It's all good. Hey, maybe you are right. I'm just saying it is hard to quantify. I just think it is overblown. The US is a big place. I just think we express our perception too far and wide. Maybe you just live in an area with bad parents Smile

He is good at what he does. Practice makes perfect. And 45,000 plus posts later, he is a master.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 12:27 PM by Ringo.)

Quote:He is good at what he does. Practice makes perfect. And 45,000 plus posts later, he is a master.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EM0hIjhsNM

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:

Would they make Boggys or Dunnies?

Quote:Would they make Boggys or Dunnies?

Don't know, but as far as rabbits go, there will a lot of them.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Same here, in fact that's how I lost my first teaching job at the elementary school. First graders have to learn it's not ok to flick boogers. Punk learned the hard way.

LMBO...

NH3...
"AZANE"