Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BUT DOES IT TASTE LIKE CHICKEN? Two Idiots Arrested After Microwaving A Kel-Tec Handgun Until It Exploded

BUT DOES IT TASTE LIKE CHICKEN? Two Idiots Arrested After Microwaving A Kel-Tec Handgun Until It Exploded

Commander Charles Heseltine of the Andover Police Department said officers were first called to the hotel around 1 p.m. on a report from hotel management that there was smoke in one of the rooms.

Inside, police found a microwave that had exploded and caught fire. Inside the destroyed oven, police found melted pieces of a Kel-Tec 9-mm handgun.

http://bearingarms.com/but-does-it-taste...-exploded/

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've actually got one of those pieces of crap. Maybe I'll do the same thing,

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:I've actually got one of those pieces of crap. Maybe I'll do the same thing,

So so I and I don't care for it much either.

Quote:I've actually got one of those pieces of crap. Maybe I'll do the same thing,
If it doesn't say Ruger or Smith & Wesson it, you probably won't find it in my home or on my person.

Pay a little extra and never be disappointed.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

A proper ending for a low quality firearm.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2014, 09:50 AM by Hard_Eight.)

Quote:If it doesn't say Ruger or Smith & Wesson it, you probably won't find it in my home or on my person.

Pay a little extra and never be disappointed.
I got it for a bottle of rum, and I still think I was robbed  :thumbsup:

Every thing else in my lil stockpile is either S&W (3 of 'em) Mossberg (3), Marlin (1), or Ruger.

I take that back, I also have a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine. Toughest thing ever. I bet it's had 6k rounds through it and never REALLY been cleaned just wiped down the bore.

Quote:I got it for a bottle of rum, and I still think I was robbed  :thumbsup:

Every thing else in my lil stockpile is either S&W (3 of 'em) Mossberg (3), Marlin (1), or Ruger.

I take that back, I also have a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine. Toughest thing ever. I bet it's had 6k rounds through it and never REALLY been cleaned just wiped down the bore.

Does yours filet your thumb every time you fire it?

The KelTec?

No it does this neat little trick where you have to pull the trigger multiple times to fire it. It's fun not knowing when it's gonna go bang.

Quote:The KelTec?

No it does this neat little trick where you have to pull the trigger multiple times to fire it. It's fun not knowing when it's gonna go bang.

It's always good to have a gun that keeps you guessing.  Makes for a lively time at the range, or when confronting an intruder. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I got it for a bottle of rum, and I still think I was robbed  :thumbsup:

Hi Point makes some ugly guns, but a few people I know say they're durable and reliable. 

Glock and Mossberg are my brands of choice, although I'm looking at a Ruger to carry (LCP .380). 

Quote:Hi Point makes some ugly guns, but a few people I know say they're durable and reliable. 

Glock and Mossberg are my brands of choice, although I'm looking at a Ruger to carry (LCP .380). 
I carried a LCP .380 for a while. I have the one with the built in laser sight. It's only 50 bucks more or so, so completely worth it. Very compact weapon. Very concealable. I gave it to my girl to carry, but used to (and sometimes still) ankle holster it as a secondary carry arm. You don't want to shoot 200 rounds through it in a single trip to the range though. Far too small, and it will beat up your hands over time. I max that one at 50 rounds, but usually only shoot half that amount in the .380.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:It's always good to have a gun that keeps you guessing.  Makes for a lively time at the range, or when confronting an intruder. 
Had a buddy that had a .50 cal blackpowder gun that required at least two caps to fire. Scary as hell to have to handle and put a new cap in. I only shot it once, that was enough!

Quote:Hi Point makes some ugly guns, but a few people I know say they're durable and reliable. 

That Hi Point of mine is a monster. Never found a 9mm round it wouldn't cycle either. Reloads, old cheap crap from gunshows, +p+.

Quote:I carried a LCP .380 for a while. I have the one with the built in laser sight. It's only 50 bucks more or so, so completely worth it. Very compact weapon. Very concealable. I gave it to my girl to carry, but used to (and sometimes still) ankle holster it as a secondary carry arm. You don't want to shoot 200 rounds through it in a single trip to the range though. Far too small, and it will beat up your hands over time. I max that one at 50 rounds, but usually only shoot half that amount in the .380.
I was initially going to get the LCP but, since I have a S&W M&P fullsize I thought I would try the S&W M&P Shield since I was used to the operation. I LOVE THAT GUN. It's my everyday carry pistol. I can shoot it at the range all day and no issues. My Father In Law bought me the Crimson Trace laser for it for Christmas. Made me buy new holsters but, it's fantastic.

I prefer Sig Sauer and Kahr for my handguns.

I own a fair amount of CZ's that I like also.

Quote:The KelTec?

I have a pistol like that.. It shoulda been at the bottom of the St. Johns like, years ago haha

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I have a pistol like that.. It shoulda been at the bottom of the St. Johns like, years ago haha
Mine stays in the bottom of an ammo can, need to sell it to a pawn shop or something. 

Quote:I prefer Sig Sauer and Kahr for my handguns.

I own a fair amount of CZ's that I like also.
Are those Cali legal guns? If so, those aren't real guns. :thumbsup:

Quote:Mine stays in the bottom of an ammo can, need to sell it to a pawn shop or something. 

Are those Cali legal guns? If so, those aren't real guns. :thumbsup:

I'm afraid they are, but I always say if I can't get it in 10 what good are 5/6 more gonna do? I've never been a high capacity AR type of guy though.

I prefer my rifles bolt action, my shotguns double barrel, and my handguns to be SA revolvers.

Quote:Had a buddy that had a .50 cal blackpowder gun that required at least two caps to fire. Scary as hell to have to handle and put a new cap in. I only shot it once, that was enough!

That Hi Point of mine is a monster. Never found a 9mm round it wouldn't cycle either. Reloads, old cheap crap from gunshows, +p+.

I was initially going to get the LCP but, since I have a S&W M&P fullsize I thought I would try the S&W M&P Shield since I was used to the operation. I LOVE THAT GUN. It's my everyday carry pistol. I can shoot it at the range all day and no issues. My Father In Law bought me the Crimson Trace laser for it for Christmas. Made me buy new holsters but, it's fantastic.

A buddy of mine just bought the S&W M&P Shield a couple of weeks ago. We're supposed to go to the range this weekend so I can give it a test drive.  Nice gun from his initial reports. He's also got a Sig Sauer P250 I want to try out.  Mostly I just want to burn through some ammo so the feds don't consider me a hoarder. 

Quote:A buddy of mine just bought the S&W M&P Shield a couple of weeks ago. We're supposed to go to the range this weekend so I can give it a test drive.  Nice gun from his initial reports. He's also got a Sig Sauer P250 I want to try out.  Mostly I just want to burn through some ammo so the feds don't consider me a hoarder. 

If you get time, I would love your thoughts on the P250.

Quote:A buddy of mine just bought the S&W M&P Shield a couple of weeks ago. We're supposed to go to the range this weekend so I can give it a test drive.  Nice gun from his initial reports. He's also got a Sig Sauer P250 I want to try out.  Mostly I just want to burn through some ammo so the feds don't consider me a hoarder. 
Hope you enjoy it. Thing is super accurate out of the box for such a small pistol. 

If you have some you need to get rid of, I'd be happy to take it off your hands :yes:

Quote: 

Funny you say that. A M&P Shield is what I now carry. I went with the lasermax sight over the crimson trace, but also had to change holsters. Do you own it in the 9 or .40?  I carry the 9. I have 2 other .40s and didn't own a single 9, I love that gun though. You're right. Can shoot it all day long. Also very concealable, but not close to as concealable as the LCP. I carry both fairly often. Shield on my belt and LCP on my ankle.