Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Draft Day" Movie

My son requested to go see this movie earlier in the week. I tried to get out of it and go see another. Didn't think I would like it at all.

I was pleasantly surprised, not bad at all. Pretty good actually. I'd recommend it.

And it contrary to something I heard yesterday about the light in puts on the Jags, it's not even close to the level of negative that they tried to make it out to be.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just can't sell myself on it, even as a rental.

Pitch me, if you would.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:My son requested to go see this movie earlier in the week. I tried to get out of it and go see another. Didn't think I would like it at all.

I was pleasantly surprised, not bad at all. Pretty good actually. I'd recommend it.

And it contrary to something I heard yesterday about the light in puts on the Jags, it's not even close to the level of negative that they tried to make it out to be.

What does it say about the Jags?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I just can't sell myself on it, even as a rental.

Pitch me, if you would.
This. Please convince me to waste money on a film that will no doubt leave me unimpressed and bored compared to Captain America 2.

If you need to be convinced, don't go. All I can say is that I was not a fan of going before hand. After seeing it, my tune has changed. It was pretty good.

;

NFL.com has a review on it and the said the Jags front office part was humorous and that jag fans wouldn't like it.

Spoil us on how it paints the Jags.  

That's all I really care about.  

We have a spoiler tag afterall.  [spoiler]See![/spoiler]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 12:02 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:  [spoiler]Long story short, the Browns GM comes with an idea on the fly to try and take advantage of the rookie GM in Jacksonville. After some negotiations back and forth (minutes before the Jags pick), the Browns finally offer their 2014/2015/2016 2nd round picks for the Jags 1st rd pick. There were two other offers before that one. [/spoiler]
There ya go

;

Quote:There ya go

Now, if that trade does go through and they blow that first pick on a 2 star talent, i'd call that movie a documentary..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I did just see a preview for a new movie called Million Dollar Arm..Disney movie, shows promise.. True story about a kid from India who gets drafted by the MLB.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I just can't sell myself on it, even as a rental.

Pitch me, if you would.

Jennifer Garner has several nude scenes in the flick.  You get to see her tattoo of Ben Afleck in full Batman costume on her derriere (a little something for the ladies).

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Just watched it. Very procedural. It was alright. Sort of funny to see Jacksonville and the Jaguars on the big screen.

Quote:Just watched it. Very procedural. It was alright. Sort of funny to see Jacksonville and the Jaguars on the big screen.
Do you recommend this movie?

Quote:Do you recommend this movie?

I would say its a rental.

I saw it over the weekend. I had low expectations and lets just say they were met. It's basically a 2 hour infomercial for the NFL. The acting is pretty weak. The storyline is iffy at best. For a non-NFL fan, I can't imagine how awful it must seem.

When I heard about the Jags trading the #6 pick for three 2nd rounders, I laughed and thought, "You know they only did this because any other team's fans would probably shoot up the theatre"

We're a zen fan base, us Jags fans.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:When I heard about the Jags trading the #6 pick for three 2nd rounders, I laughed and thought, "You know they only did this because any other team's fans would probably shoot up the theatre"

We're a zen fan base, us Jags fans.

And the other fan bases will say "That sounds like something the Jags would do. Didn't they draft a punter in the first round and they're moving to LA any way..."
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:And the other fan bases will say "That sounds like something the Jags would do. Didn't they draft a punter in the first round and they're moving to LA any way..."

Or they'll suggest we draft some fans.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 10:58 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

From what I hear, the [spoiler]Jaguars and Seahawks[/spoiler] both get fleeced in the movie.

I bet WalterFootball was involved somehow.  Probably their football consultant.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Or they'll suggest we draft some fans.

Can we also trade some?

Asking for a friend.