Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Draft Day" Movie

Quote:Can we also trade some?

Asking for a friend.
That's not a bad idea.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you need to be convinced, don't go. All I can say is that I was not a fan of going before hand. After seeing it, my tune has changed. It was pretty good.

Even just a little?

Let me try my hand.

I've been under the weather lately, and was surfing netflix.

Two movies I thought were better than I expected:

1.  GI Joe: Retaliation........The Rock, Bruce Willis, and the ever curvy Adrienne Palicki from Friday Night Lights fame.  Hasbro really has taken stake.  The characters and their toys are over the top, but surprisingly keep a humanistic feel to the overall movie.  They felt in place in our world.  The Rock is a genetic freak, Willis' house is a gun collector's dream, Palicki is well, no CGI necessary for her.  It's over the top unrealistic in many if not most of the action sequences, but they are intended to be.  As ridiculous as the fight scenes on rappelling lines were, they were also beautifully choreographed in a delightful visual display.  IMO, the story was much more compelling than the first as well.  I gave it a lot of slack, but still found a problem with the poorly miscast Rza.  Thought it was fun.

2.  Fire with Fire.......Josh Duhamel, Bruce Willis, and Rosario Dawson as the good guys, Vincent D'Onofrio as a pretty good villain.  A twist on the revenge movie genre, with its share of cheese and improbability that most hero or one-man-army themed movies have.  I was rooting for the hero in spite of the story flaws and found it entertaining, regardless.

3.  Get the Gringo......Mel Gibson.  Something completely different.  A Mexican prison story with an unlikely friendship.  Story sets the tone fast in a Tarantino-like way with the opening scene.  Not the popcorn action fest of the first two, but more cerebral and paced.

I wouldn't consider any of these high art, but I found my self enjoying them on netflix.  Wouldn't have paid to see them in the theater though, but worth a rental.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Jennifer Garner has several nude scenes in the flick.  You get to see her tattoo of Ben Afleck in full Batman costume on her derriere (a little something for the ladies).

OK.  That works.

See how easy that was?  :teehee:

Quote:From what I hear, the [spoiler]Jaguars and Seahawks[/spoiler] both get fleeced in the movie.

I bet WalterFootball was involved somehow.  Probably their football consultant.  

This guy?

[Image: chimpdart.jpg]

Quote:This guy?

[Image: chimpdart.jpg]

Definitely the brownies brass.

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!