Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brock Osweiler benched in second quarter

Nobody saw this coming. In a regular switch from special teams to offense, #17 was on the sideline and #3, Tom Savage,finished the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brock Osweiler sucks. Big time!

I, personally, think that there's something in Blake Bortles still... but I'd be worried if Osweiler was our 'first choice' QB.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Brock Osweiler sucks. Big time!

I, personally, think that there's something in Blake Bortles still... but I'd be worried if Osweiler was our 'first choice' QB.

In the short term,  the worst situation for the Houston Texans is they would be at huge disadvantage at QB in Tennessee in a game that could decide the AFC South.    It's a credit to Bill O"Brien and his coaching staff that the Texans are 8-6 with amongst the worst QB play in the NFL.   

Long term,  the Texans very likely will have to address the QB position in a meaningful way. 

Quote:  In the short term,  the worst situation for the Houston Texans is they would be at huge disadvantage at QB in Tennessee in a game that could decide the AFC South.    It's a credit to Bill O"Brien and his coaching staff that the Texans are 8-6 with amongst the worst QB play in the NFL.   

Long term,  the Texans very likely will have to address the QB position in a meaningful way. 

Very good point.

Quote:Very good point.

Thanks.

I wonder how many other current NFL coaching staffs would have a winning record with the Brock Osweiler of 2016?    Probably somewhere in single digits.

Quote:  Thanks.

I wonder how many other current NFL coaching staffs would have a winning record with the Brock Osweiler of 2016?    Probably somewhere in single digits.

Yeah, I agree.

I'd trade them straight up, Blake Bortles for Tom Savage.

i would too but houston would never make that trade

Savage isn't the answer either. Just wait until he plays a team with some version of a pass rush. Houston is in trouble and should have never paid Osweiller. 

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 11:56 AM by snowwolf776.)

thats what a real nfl HC does,take risky chances even if it means benching the starting qb. you win by takeing risk,and chances. pats took a chance drafting brady in 5th round,and now hes one of the leagues top qbs that also came off a bench for a starting qb who was a good qb. people laughed at pats for that. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:Nobody saw this coming. In a regular switch from special teams to offense, #17 was on the sideline and #3, Tom Savage,finished the game.
I saw this coming, so your statement is a lie.  Why would you say that?

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Who knows what Savage's ceiling is, but I've always known he has the best arm on the team.  He did show some pretty good poise when substituting in.  I guess I'll trust the coaches that he hasn't shown enough in practice, but I'll be interested in how he does if he's named the starter against the Bengals.

I'm still trying to figure out what this means. 

Is Osweiler done in Houston? Or is this part of his training? 

I understand most people think Osweiler is garbage. Do the Texans think so, that's the question.

ImATexan

Quote:I saw this coming, so your statement is a lie.  Why would you say that?

Did you expect it to happen with about eight and a half minutes in the second quarter?

Quote:I'm still trying to figure out what this means. 

I understand most people think Osweiler is garbage. Do the Texans think so, that's the question.

Brock Osweiler might (and should) be demoted, but the Texans would not cut a player with $37 million in guarantees after only one season.

It's official: Tom Savage will start against the Bengals Saturday night.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...vage-at-qb

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 05:03 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Brock Osweiler might (and should) be demoted, but the Texans would not cut a player with $37 million in guarantees after only one season.

They should if they are sure they're moving on.

A sunk cost is a sunk cost.  Move on as quickly as possible.

The worst part...

Remember - the Texans signed Osweiller without even having worked him out or having invited him for a visit.

Poor business.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I'm still trying to figure out what this means. 

The only hope for the Texans regarding Brock Osweiler is if another full off-season and summer in the Texans system leads to substantial progress.   The odds seem against this happening.   If not for the salary cap ramifications regarding dumping Osweiler in 2017,  it probably would be a foregone conclusion he would be released in the coming months.  

Quote:The only hope for the Texans regarding Brock Osweiler is if another full off-season and summer in the Texans system leads to substantial progress. The odds seem against this happening. If not for the salary cap ramifications regarding dumping Osweiler in 2017, it probably would be a foregone conclusion he would be released in the coming months.  

The Texans have a habit of keeping bad quarterbacks too long. If history repeats itself Brock Osweiler will still be a Texan next year. Who would replace him on the depth chart?

Somewhere, TMD is laughing.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.