Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brock Osweiler benched in second quarter

Quote:The Texans have a habit of keeping bad quarterbacks too long. If history repeats itself Brock Osweiler will still be a Texan next year. Who would replace him on the depth chart?

The QB who the Texans count on when the chips are on the table in 2017 probably isn't currently on their roster.  

Bill O' Brien doesn't seem like someone who will keep bad quarterbacks too long.   What happened before O'Brien in that regard likely won't be what happens as long as he's the HC.   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Savage isn't the answer either. Just wait until he plays a team with some version of a pass rush. Houston is in trouble and should have never paid Osweiller.

Again Tom Savage excels against a pass rush, did yesterday, did when he had no offensive line at Pitt. For Christ's sake read a damn scouting report and stop carrying this false narrative.

Quote:The Texans have a habit of keeping bad quarterbacks too long. If history repeats itself Brock Osweiler will still be a Texan next year. Who would replace him on the depth chart?

He's going to be on the roster next season because of the cap ramifications, but only as a backup.. the way the contract is set up the Texans can get out after year 2 Scott free

Quote:Again Tom Savage excels against a pass rush, did yesterday, did when he had no offensive line at Pitt. For Christ's sake read a damn scouting report and stop carrying this false narrative.

Can you post a You Tube video of our pass rush yesterday? I bet it will not be easy to find. Watch the game before claiming we had a good pass rush in Houston.

Quote:Can you post a You Tube video of our pass rush yesterday? I bet it will not be easy to find. Watch the game before claiming we had a good pass rush in Houston.

He did very well under pressure.  Fact.

https://theringer.com/tom-savage-might-a....78svzpeik

<p style="margin-left:40px;">The first thing that stood out about Savage’s performance was the throws into the face of pressure. Osweiler, who finished the game 6-of-11 for 48 yards and two interceptions, <a class="" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-jax-hou-grades/?utm_content=buffer6d934&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl'>registered a passer rating of exactly 0.0</a> when under pressure on Sunday. Compare that to Savage, whose passer rating was 101.7 when under pressure and 103.0 when blitzed.

If you bother to click, which I doubt you will, they even have clips illustrating.

Why do you have so much trouble with things you pre-determine not to want to believe before you even have all the facts?

You don't have to be a Texans fan to give Savage credit for being very sharp when the Jaguars pressured him.

You should take a healthy dose of your own advice before you accuse folks of not watching the game.  He was getting pressured quite a lot by our D.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:In the short term,  the worst situation for the Houston Texans is they would be at huge disadvantage at QB in Tennessee in a game that could decide the AFC South.    It's a credit to Bill O"Brien and his coaching staff that the Texans are 8-6 with amongst the worst QB play in the NFL.   

Long term,  the Texans very likely will have to address the QB position in a meaningful way.

They already addressed the QB situation yesterday. Tom Savage is the QB. It wasn't ability that always held him back it was health.. he's healthy now and has been in the system for 3 years..it's time. Dude has a great arm and a great understanding of the offense. Texans aren't going to be looking for another starting QB.. they'll be looking for another qb to replace backup Osweiler after the 2017 season. Tom Savage is a pretty good QB and I'd put his arm talent against anyone.. only reason he didn't start sooner is because he had a arm infection.

Quote:They already addressed the QB situation yesterday. Tom Savage is the QB. It wasn't ability that always held him back it was health.. he's healthy now and has been in the system for 3 years..it's time. Dude has a great arm and a great understanding of the offense. Texans aren't going to be looking for another starting QB.. they'll be looking for another qb to replace backup Osweiler after the 2017 season. Tom Savage is a pretty good QB and I'd put his arm talent against anyone.. only reason he didn't start sooner is because he had a arm infection.

It would be ideal for the Texans if Tom Savage turned out to be their long term answer as the team's starting QB.  It would be very surprising though,  at least on this end,   if the Texans didn't spend a draft pick on a QB who the team feels can eventually challenge for the starting job.    if the opportunity doesn't present itself in 2017,  it probably will be a priority in 2018.

Quote:They already addressed the QB situation yesterday. Tom Savage is the QB. It wasn't ability that always held him back it was health.. he's healthy now and has been in the system for 3 years..it's time. Dude has a great arm and a great understanding of the offense. Texans aren't going to be looking for another starting QB.. they'll be looking for another QB to replace backup Osweiler after the 2017 season. Tom Savage is a pretty good QB and I'd put his arm talent against anyone.. only reason he didn't start sooner is because he had a arm infection.

Are you a Texans fan? Nobody else said anything about Tom Savage being the backup for medical reasons.

Hows the arm strength of Savage. He seemed to not even look at the far side of the field. Even Hopkins for the majority of the game was lined up on the short side.

Quote:Hows the arm strength of Savage. He seemed to not even look at the far side of the field. Even Hopkins for the majority of the game was lined up on the short side.

Savage threw some much longer passes than Osweiler.

OMG my head is going to [BLEEP] explode

We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 06:46 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

Quote:Can you post a You Tube video of our pass rush yesterday? I bet it will not be easy to find. Watch the game before claiming we had a good pass rush in Houston.
Yes I can..and it was very easy to find

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://youtu.be/nrPL1Skq1d0'>https://youtu.be/nrPL1Skq1d0</a>

Atleast 3 times (which were all completions btw) the commentators mention pressure... anymore questions or should we all just sit on our hands and continue the false narrative that the #5 defense in the league offered zero pressure all game.

Quote:Are you a Texans fan? Nobody else said anything about Tom Savage being the backup for medical reasons.

Yes I'm a Texans fan.. medical reasons is solely why he hasn't been able to take advantage of this crap carousel of misfit QBs.. hopefully he now stays healthy and runs with his opportunity

Quote:Hows the arm strength of Savage. He seemed to not even look at the far side of the field. Even Hopkins for the majority of the game was lined up on the short side.

He has plus arm strength... strongest arm on the team (remember Brandon Weeden is also on the team).

Hopkins was actually relevant agian... I will say this though, that rookie corner y'all have is a hell of a player, highly impressed.. that's going to be quite a battle for years to come.

Quote: I will say this though, that rookie corner y'all have is a hell of a player, highly impressed.

Yep Ramsey looks fantastic, great pick jags!  I agree with TDFW, I think Savage has learned the O'Brien offense, he's got a fantastic arm, and hopefully he'll get his reads together.  He did look great today.

Quote:He has plus arm strength... strongest arm on the team (remember Brandon Weeden is also on the team).

Hopkins was actually relevant agian... I will say this though, that rookie corner y'all have is a hell of a player, highly impressed.. that's going to be quite a battle for years to come.

That rookie corner has been our best defensive player this season. He has shown potential to be elite someday and you won't like that.

Why do you always try to make us real Jags fans look bad?

Quote:Why do you always try to make us real Jags fans look bad?

The people who claim to be real Jaguars fans want the team to lose or don't care if we win. Do so-called Jaguars fans not think winning is the most important thing? Do they not agree with the team that 48 losses in 4 years is way too much? If you hate losing, you can't be apathetic or want to lose. People want teams they hate to lose. They want their favorite teams to win. If they didn't, there would be no reason to be a fan of that team.

Quote:The people who claim to be real Jaguars fans want the team to lose or don't care if we win. Do so-called Jaguars fans not think winning is the most important thing? Do they not agree with the team that 48 losses in 4 years is way too much? If you hate losing, you can't be apathetic or want to lose. People want teams they hate to lose. They want their favorite teams to win. If they didn't, there would be no reason to be a fan of that team.
All this has nothing to do with the question I asked

Quote:All this has nothing to do with the question I asked

It has everything to do with the question.