Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brock Osweiler benched in second quarter

Quote:How old are you? 

You've got to be early 30s or younger if you don't know Gilligan's Island. 

I don't watch movies. There is nothing wrong with that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't watch movies. There is nothing wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Gilligan's Island was not a movie. It was a sitcom.. very popular in the late 70s. It's as American as apple pie.
ImATexan

Quote:Nothing wrong with that at all. Gilligan's Island was not a movie. It was a sitcom.. very popular in the late 70s. It's as American as apple pie.

I was born in the 1970s.

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2016, 03:43 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

Quote:Savage isn't the answer either. Just wait until he plays a team with some version of a pass rush. Houston is in trouble and should have never paid Osweiller.

Quote:http://uploads.neatorama.com/images/post...1875-0.jpg

Somehow in my "mind's eye" I pictured the cast much older than they appear in that picture.  Back to the aging!

Quote:Do you agree DeAndre Hopkins often gets away with OPI (offensive pass interference) every week? That is the biggest complaint Jaguars fans have about him, at least at the Jungle.

I'll tell you what, the battle between Ramsey and Hopkins was phenomenal.  Both were hand battling all the way down the field, but keeping it just inside the [penalty] line for the most part. Heck even Jalen Ramsey took credit for one of the PI's when he stepped over it.  Ramsey is going to be a heck of a player, as Hopkins is now.

Quote:I don't know anything about Gilligan's Island.

Former Jaguars/  current Lions LB Thurston Armbrister was named after Gilligan's Island character Thurston Howell III.

Quote:I don't know about all that. 

I think there can be "substantial" progress with more familiarity with the system. I think he's been making good decisions with the ball all year long, just not the best decisions. 

If Savage plays well over the next five games, I have no doubt he'll be our starting QB going into 2017. But health has been an issue with him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Osweiler step in & win the job. He'd have to play like a franchise QB not to be cut in 2018 still... but we'll see. 

The more they push each other,  the better it should be for the Texans.   But when factoring in everything,  including Brock Osweiler's struggles this season and the injury history of Tom Savage,   until/ unless proven otherwise,   the QB position is a cloud that's hanging over what is otherwise a very good situation,  including overall roster,  coaching staff,  and ownership.    If the Texas had around the 10th best QB in the NFL,   I think they would have had a legitimate chance to win the Super Bowl this season.   Even w/o J.J. Watt.