Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Jags Fan

Jaguar Glory days:

1996-2000 (Jags go to the playoffs 4 straight times with 2 afc championship games)

2005- Going 12-4 but losing in blowout fashion against the Pats

2007- Another playoff appearance but this time a win against the steelers. Lost the divisional round once again to the pats

2008-2011- This is the dreaded Gene Smith era.  This single GM set this team back years by stupid decisions and horrible drafting. (only 1 player in his whole era is still on the team)

2012- The rebuild. New Owner Shad Khan hires new gm (david Caldwell) and a tony robbins type coach in (Gus Bradley)

2013- The Jags over achieved and won 4 games in the second half of the season despite the roster lacking talent.

Learn to hate- Steelers (long time rivalry) Titans (mullet lovers), Colts (pretty much our daddy's of the afc south), the Texans (another tough rivalry), and the Patriots (have knocked the Jaguars out of the playoffs 3 times including an afc title game)

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Jaguar Glory days:

1996-2000 (Jags go to the playoffs 4 straight times with 2 afc championship games)

2005- Going 12-4 but losing in blowout fashion against the Pats

2007- Another playoff appearance but this time a win against the steelers. Lost the divisional round once again to the pats

2008-2011- This is the dreaded Gene Smith era.  This single GM set this team back years by stupid decisions and horrible drafting. (only 1 player in his whole era is still on the team)

2012- The rebuild. New Owner Shad Khan hires new gm (david Caldwell) and a tony robbins type coach in (Gus Bradley)

2013- The Jags over achieved and won 4 games in the second half of the season despite the roster lacking talent.

Learn to hate- Steelers (long time rivalry) Titans (mullet lovers), Colts (pretty much our daddy's of the afc south), the Texans (another tough rivalry), and the Patriots (have knocked the Jaguars out of the playoffs 3 times including an afc title game)
Branch, Cecil, Banger and maybe Blackmon. Thats four from the jean smiff era.

Quote:<div>
I rolled on the floor laughing, With all those missed reads in the pocket Manziel had to improvise. If he had just stuck to the play book (or just be Teddy Bridgewater) A&M would have been in the National Title hunt late

</div>
Trolls gonna troll.  Wallbash

I wish I knew the deal with corn. Not cool enough.  Sad

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

Quote:I wish I knew the deal with corn. Not cool enough.  Sad

The really great polls on this board contain blank #2 and Corn in the list of options! Polls without those two options are only wanna be polls and should be treated as such! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Hehe! I had noticed that!  :thanks:

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

Quote:Hehe! I had noticed that!  :thanks:

See...you're cooler than you thought you were!! Big Grin
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Welcome to the party!

Although, it might be better for you if you walk away and never tell anyone ever that you were in here.

I say this for your own good.

Also, did you bring cheetos?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Welcome to the party!

Although, it might be better for you if you walk away and never tell anyone ever that you were in here.

I say this for your own good.

Also, did you bring cheetos?
I never post on this message board.

And I brought Cheezits.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Welcome.  If you are a Falcons fan, can you give us your thoughts on their first pick/decision?  Any chance they trade down for a player?

Welcome aboard, we are glad you are here. Jags and Falcons seem to have a few things in common.

I'd be more welcoming to you if you ditched the Falcons and were going to be a Jags fan first and foremost. It almost seems as if you're just looking for a cheesy backup plan should your Falcons disappoint. 

I don't like the whole "having another team in addition to your favorite" thing. Pick one and be done with it. Jagswoman on here likes about half the league as her favorite team. Theres something just hokey about that. 

Quote:I never post on this message board.

And I brought Cheezits.

Yeah, you keep saying that. One day I'm gonna catch you posting here, and then pow! I'll get ya.

Besides, you won't share anyhow.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'd be more welcoming to you if you ditched the Falcons and were going to be a Jags fan first and foremost. It almost seems as if you're just looking for a cheesy backup plan should your Falcons disappoint. 

I don't like the whole "having another team in addition to your favorite" thing. Pick one and be done with it. Jagswoman on here likes about half the league as her favorite team. Theres something just hokey about that. 
I don't think picking the Jaguars as a backup would be a smart choice right now, i have no problem admitting i have a fav 2nd team but that's more based on were i live, and following the team as well as having a GF that has a say in things. 

Quote:I don't think picking the Jaguars as a backup would be a smart choice right now, i have no problem admitting i have a fav 2nd team but that's more based on were i live, and following the team as well as having a GF that has a say in things. 

Does she tell you how to dress to? :woot:

I don't really care if someone is a fan of more than one team.  We've all arrived here for a host of reasons.  Heck, the guy your reply was intended for isn't even a Jags fan. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I don't like the whole "having another team in addition to your favorite" thing. 
Says the Eagles fan...

lol

I have always had an NFC team I root for... a "sister" team. Wouldn't call myself a "fan" of the Bucs. I don't wear their gear. Or support the team in much of anyway. Though I do root for them to do well (unless they play the Jags), I watch their games if they don't interfere with the Jags games, I even follow their team with roster moves and such.

I don't think there is a problem with having a #2 team. So long as you don't flippy floppy or fair weather between teams or try to fake like the Jags have been your number one all along once Gus takes em to the SB hah.

Quote:Says the Eagles fan...

lol

....Theres a difference between referencing other teams like the Patriots, Eagles, San Fran, et al, when it comes to how they've been running their organizations, and actually rooting for said teams. But I'm sure you're too simple-minded to understand that concept. 

I "root" for only one team. The Jaguars. That doesn't mean I can't respect successful organizations around the league for the way they do it. 

Quote:Does she tell you how to dress to? :woot:

I don't really care if someone is a fan of more than one team.  We've all arrived here for a host of reasons.  Heck, the guy your reply was intended for isn't even a Jags fan. 

Awww, does that make you feel better by lying? Saying I'm not a Jags fan is utterly ridiculous. 

Never understood having a "secondary" team. 

Wow never knew that Eagles fans existed good going Mad Dog

Second favorite team? You must be looking for Jag MB 2. 

At the least the other team is NFC.

Blakes Life Matters